One Step Behind Everything

Don't Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His eyes follow around anywhere the black haired boy moves. He smiles at how the wind blew those bangs and covers the pretty face. And amaze at how that black haired boy has a good reflex, a fast runner too. He doesn't look like he is shy or weird, that's unfair. He smiles when he sees someone on his team falling and kindly helps him, and get a light punch. Mingyu chuckles, it's totally unfair that he always look so troubled when they meet, but this scene looks so bright and lovely so Mingyu just forgive everything.

"But still... if you adore someone you should at least show your interest the day you met him, you stupid beautiful creature..."

"What creature?"

Mingyu sees his friend approaches. "Uh, nothing," he says.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine..."

 

 

 

"I want to know you better."

Jeonghan mind can't forget that words even just one second. Even in the mini soccer game earlier. Today his PE teacher set them on a mini game and will give prizes for the winner team.

His team wins, of course. Thanks to his competitive side and good reflex on any kind of physical activities. He's actually an ace, his friend always mentally panic if they had to face him in games. And they called him 'Lucky Jeonghan'.

"Jeonghan, you spaced out quite a lot in the game. Did something bother you?" his friend asks. They both are in the changing room right now.

Jeonghan shrugs and says, "Well, something happened yesterday..." he tried to act like it wasn't a big deal but totally fails.

"What is it?"

"His friend came to me."

"And?"

"He said he wants to know more about me..."

"Ha? Why would he..."

"I know, right! Why would he? And the weird thing is, I've did annoying thing to his best friend but he still sound so friendly when he talked to me!"

"Oh my..."

"I'm afraid he actually trying to get his revenge or something..."

"No, Dude! He won't!"

"What?"

 

 

 

This is the second time—in Mingyu's entire life—following someone, as his fans always do. He sees someone's back walking in corridor; bring a pile of thick textbooks. That person looks so small and cute in his eyes. Mingyu knows he has to help him but he also knows that person could just running away again from him.

Suddenly, without any sign, Mingyu heard falling sound. He sees those books are scattered, and the person who bring those just groaning.

Reflex, he runs to that person. "Are you hurt?" he asks immediately.

"No, I'm fine."

It's just a simple line but Mingyu suddenly feels electricity wave all over his body, and that's feel weird. And well, that is surely the loveliest voice he ever heard. For the past two days, he only saw him and never even once got a chance to hear the voice. He's been wondering though, hoping this boy to start talking to him properly instead of running away, but that's just never happened.

Without even looking, the black haired boy gets up and start gathers everything that fell along with him. "I'm so sorry, but... Would you mind to help me with these bo—“ he can't finish his words when he finally saw who he is talking to.

Mingyu sees how that face changes into an uncomfortable look and suddenly look away. Quite disappointed, still Kim Mingyu is Kim Mingyu after all...

"I'll help," he says.

 

 

 

"Thank you," Jeonghan says politely and bows.

"My pleasure," Mingyu answers sincerely, but...

 

 

That's it.

 

 

Mingyu just sigh when he saw him walk away from him. That was the first and whole conversation they had. Did you just expecting more?

 

 

 

"So you just met Mingyu, correct?"

Jeonghan almost jump, he suddenly turns his head and widening his eyes. "H-how do you know that?!" he watches this guy sit next to him. He didn’t know that people would come to this place. This is his sanctuary because people rarely come here. So of course it's so weird to meet someone in this place. "Why are you here?" He asks as he moves far aside, near the edge of the bench.

"Oh, come on. I won't bite, you know?"

"But I barely know you."

"Yeah, I barely know you too. And didn't I say that I want to know you better? So I guess that explains everything..." he smiles as warm as a cup of morning tea. Jeonghan blinks awkwardly, and wait... did his heart just skip a beat?

"A-anyway... Why do you... want to know me better?" Jeonghan asks; it feels embarrassing somehow. He's not use to talk to stranger. It's embarrassing and creepy as well.

The other just giggles, he didn't think that this pretty boy would just bluntly ask what's on stranger's mind about him.

"Because it's such a waste to skip on God's beautiful gift." he answers equally bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter