Chapter 46

What is love?

Clank!
 
Clank!Clank!Clank!Clank!
 
A groan escapes out of the Tiffany as she buries her face into her pillow. What is her dad thinking, 
being up this early on a Sunday morning? It’s Sunday for Pete’s sake!
 
Wait.
 
Brown eyes open once the sleepy girl registers that her dad’s not home but in San Diego. She then realizes how warm she feels. Blinking, the memories come back to her and she smiles slowly spreads on her lips.
 
Clank!Clank!
 
Whining emits behind Tiffany. “Five more minutes.” Taeyeon’s voice is hoarse as she turns and is suddenly soothed by a warm figure, and naturally, she cuddles up into the said warmth. Tiffany can’t help but giggle at Taeyeon’s actions. Sleepy Taeyeon = Cute Taeyeon. Twisting her body, Tiffany turns to come face to face with a peaceful Taeyeon. Her hand traces the curves and contours of Taeyeon’s face, loving the way Taeyeon shivers at her touch. Smiling, Tiffany leans in and places a soft kiss on the girl’s lips, letting it linger for a second longer before pulling away. She relishes on the fact that this will become a daily occurrence. 
 
Slowly, sleepy almond eyes open, taking in the hazy sight before her. Taeyeon’s vision focuses and a dopey smile emerges, scooting closer into Tiffany’s warmth and letting out a content sigh against the other girl’s warm throat. Her nose bumps against 
skin and she takes in the sweet scent of Tiffany. Taeyeon’s always found it soothing.
 
“You’re not going back to sleep, are you?” Tiffany’s wraps an arm around Taeyeon’s waist, pulling the smaller girl closer to her. She receives a small hum in response. “Tae.” Another hum, “Wake up, it’s already noon.” 
 
Taeyeon groans. “Five more minutes.”
 
“You already said that.” 
 
Taeyeon feels and hears Tiffany’s laugh as it rumbles in her chest. She smiles and snuggles in closer to the younger girl’s body. “Five more.”
 
Tiffany hums contently, letting the girl have her five minutes. Her hand leaves the small of Taeyeon’s back and she runs it through the girl’s hair, feeling the silky locks slowly run through her finger and earning a humming approval from the smaller girl. She smiles at how she pleases the older girl, not stopping as she traced lazy patterns against the girl’s scalp and running her fingers through the hair every so often.
 
More than five minutes pass as Tiffany stops her actions and realizes that the girl fell asleep again. A soft laugh escapes her lips as she lies in bed for a moment longer, relishing the way Taeyeon’s body molds into hers. A minute later, Tiffany slowly gets out of bed, instantly missing the other girl’s warmth. She makes sure the sleeping girl is covered when she walks to her bathroom and decides she’s going to shower. 
 
When the happy girl steps out of the bathroom, Taeyeon’s still in her bed and is surprised when the sleeping girl suddenly opens her eyes. “You left me.” The short girl mumbles, “It got cold.” Tiffany laughs as Taeyeon pouts. The showered girl sits next to Taeyeon and softly pats her bum, “Come on, go shower. I’m sure Summer’s the one who’s making breakfast, and knowing her, she’ll drag your lazy down there whether you’re clothed or not.” She leans into Taeyeon’s ear once she notices a small blush on the girl’s skin. “Not that I mind, but I really don’t like sharing.”
 
Taeyeon’s up and in the bathroom before Tiffany can say anything else. Her laughs are heard as Taeyeon turns the shower on, cold water only, as she tries to calm down her heated body.
 
–––
 
“Finally! I thought you two love birds would never come down.” Summer says once she sees Tiffany and Taeyeon walk down the stairs. “I can’t believe I thought of going up there and telling your asses to come and eat. I’m not scarring myself for life.” Summer squints her nose in disgust at the mental image that popped up in her head.
 
Taeyeon looks at Tiffany with a glare because the bright girl lied about Summer going up to get her. Tiffany innocently giggles in response. 
 
The duo notices almost everyone at the table already, and Tiffany’s not surprised when she sees that Jessica’s still not eating at the table. Summer serves them and they start to eat. It doesn’t take long for Summer to start questioning the two about their relationship. Taeyeon’s blush gives the automatic answer to the question. “Finally!” Summer then pokes fun at the two, teasing them endlessly about who wears the pants in the relationship and who’s the top in bed. Tiffany silenced her and says she isn’t saying anything to Summer’s teasing. Summer mocks surrender and then starts complaining about Jessica’s constant snoring. 
 
“I was not snoring you fatass!!” Everyone at the table starts chuckling as Jessica makes her way to the table.
 
“Are you sure 
because this,” Sooyoung then starts to snore loudly, “Sounds a lot like loud snoring.”
 
Jessica hits Sooyoung’s arm before walking into the kitchen to serve herself food. “Well, you must have been hearing things because I don’t snore!”
 
Summer mouths to the others “lies” as she shakes her head. Choked laughs are emitted from the table and the cold girl glares at them, shutting them up, all except Taeyeon. “Actually, you do. Although, not as exaggerated as Sooyoung pictures it to be.” 
 
“How do you know that?” Sooyoung asks, and Tiffany stares at Taeyeon confused. As far as Tiffany knows, she’s the only one Taeyeon’s ever slept with. Taeyeon notices the questions swirling in Tiffany’s eyes and decides to halt any doubt that's threatening to burst in the bright girl. “Remember that movie we went to go watch during winter break before you left?”
 
And then it clicks, “Oh, yeah!” Tiffany recalls how Jessica fell asleep on Taeyeon’s shoulder and automatically feels stupid for ever doubting the older girl. “The Space between us. Jessica fell asleep on your shoulder.”
 
Taeyeon nods once Tiffany remembers her mishap. “She snores.”
 
“But it’s cute, right?” The cold girl asks as she sits on one of the chairs at the table with her plate of food on hand and an empty glass in the other. Taeyeon doesn’t reply to Jessica’s overconfident question; instead, she grabs her glass of orange juice and swallows, avoiding the question altogether. Laughing rumbles throughout the kitchen, everyone not containing their laughs at the cold girl as the said cold girl sits there glaring at the awkward turtle.  
 
“Alright. Alright!” Summer raises her voice against the others, “Settle down guys. Let’s not upset the ice queen more than she already is.” The tall girl receives a punch from Jessica as a response, “As I was saying,” She wheezed, “I want to make a toast.” Summer held her glass and raised it to the new couple, “A toast to these two for finally getting together!” Everyone held their glasses up, toasting and congratulating both Tiffany and Taeyeon; all except Jessica, who sat there shocked in hearing the news.
 
In the moment, Tiffany beamed and stole a kiss from Taeyeon, who eagerly returned it. Wolf whistles erupted once Tiffany pulled away from a red Taeyeon. 
 
“So, when’s the date?” 

–––

Short chapter, I know.....