Eleventh: Heartbeat

Crazy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JB decided to bring Eunji to the rooftop of her dorm. On their way, he brought a cup of hot milk too.

“Drink it. It will make you feel better,” he said as he handed it to her.

Eunji nodded and started to sip the hot milk from the cup.

“Do you feel better?”

“Yes, thank you,” she replied with a low voice.

JB formed a thin smile on his face before he decided to sit next to her. There is no words escape from their mouth. JB didn’t force her to talking about her problem because he understand that she must needs time to calm herself down.

Suddenly, he could hear the faint sniffle coming from his left. He turned his head to find that the girl started to cry again. The girl that he knows always loves to smile and laugh a lot, suddenly turned to be so gloomy.

“You’re okay, Eunji. You’re okay,” JB patted her shoulder, tried to console her. He didn’t know since when the pain greets his heart too when he sees her breaking down. “Whatever he just did to you, it was none of it matters. Don’t cry again, okay?”

Instead of answering, Eunji suddenly leaned her head to his shoulder. It automatically made JB’s heart skipped a beat.

“Jaebum-ah, can you stay with me for awhile?” she asked which made JB was taken aback by her words.

He heaved a sigh before spoke out. “Of course, I will. I’m your friend anyway,” he said bitterly.

“Thank you,” she smiled weakly. “I can’t let my members know about this. I made them worry too much.”

Silence filled the atmosphere for few minutes before Eunji started to speak again.

“I want to get some sleep. My head is killing me. Can I borrow your shoulder before we go back to our normal life?” she said and JB nodded his head.

He let the girl fall into sleep while her head resting on his shoulder. JB tilted his head so he could clearly see her face. He admitted that she was looking so beautiful. But he felt hurt when he was capturing her swollen eyes because of crying earlier. He felt hurt more since he realized that he could not do anything to defend her. JB didn’t have the courage to confess the truth because he was too scared it would break their new friendship.

***

 

Lunar Year holiday -- February 9th, 2016

JB went back to Seoul faster after spending his short holiday for Lunar Year festival in his hometown yesterday. The other members except Mark, were still in their hometown, so the eldest of the group asked him to be his partner for movie show.

JB agreed because Mark booked a private movie theatre in Gangnam-Gu, beside he has nothing to do at that day. One of their junior, Twice’s Sana joined them since Mark invite her too.

The movie will be start on 10 minutes, but JB finished a bucket of popcorns already. He was bored since Mark and Sana were chatting happily and totally ignoring his presence. JB heaved a sigh when he’s staring at the empty bucket on his laps. He then decides to buy the new one before the movie started.

 

There was a person who still waiting in front of the food counter. With a cap that covering his face, JB walked toward the place and stood behind the waiting person. He threw his eyes around the private movie theatre and he found that there are less people there. And that was when his eyes accidentally capture a familiar figure, which was just coming out in one of the private theatre room, alone.

That person used a big cap and wore a mask to covering half of her face, but JB still could recognize her present. She has the pair of pretty eyes that he couldn’t forget. The girl was walking toward the exit door and JB’s eyes keep on gluing on her.

“Excuse me. What do you want to order?” a voice of the worker, suddenly made him snapped out.

JB lifted his chin to face the worker. “I’m sorry. I think I’ll order later,” he said and immediately ran toward the exit, to catch after her.

 

Fortunately, the person was still standing in front of the door and she seemed to wait for her manager to pick her up. JB was walking slower and when his pace was just a few meters away, he dares to call her.

“Eunji-ya, is it you?” he said, almost whispering since he didn’t want people around them will notice it.

The owner of the name startled as she heard someone was calling her name. She turned around carefully and her eyes widened when she catch him in her gaze.

“Jaebum-ah?”

“Ah, so it’s really you,” the smile automatically formed on his lips. “Never thought that I’ll meet you here. Are you alone?”

She nodded while copying his smile.

JB found that the girl was holding 2 boxes of popcorn inside her hands. “Aren’t you supposed to finish the snacks when you’ve watched the movie earlier? Why it still left a lot?” he pointed his finger to the popcorn that she brought.

Eunji took some seconds to think before she gave an answer. “I supposed to watch the movie with someone... But suddenly, he told me that he could not come. So, I lost my appetite and decided to cancel it. You know, watching movie all alone isn’t fun,” she shrugged.

JB frowned. He could bet that ‘someone’ she mentioned was none other than Park Chanyeol. “That’s bad. Really.”

The smile on her face suddenly vanished as a black car came and it would pick her up.

“I should go now. Nice to meet you here,” she said without glance at him before walked inside the car leaving JB alone.

 

“Im Jaebum, you are pabo! You should cheer her up rather than say things meaninglessly like that!” he cursed himself as he turned around.

But less than 15 seconds, he sensed that the sound of a car approached him. He turned around once again and found that the same car that belonged to her manager earlier, stopped near the cinema.

“It was the same car, isn’t it?” JB mumbled. “Don’t be crazy, Jaebum. It’s impossible for her to come back here again.”

But JB’s jaw dropped when the door of the car had opened widely and revealing her petite figure. Still with cap and mask to covering her face, she walked closer to him.

“E-Eunji, what are you doing here again? Is there something left?”

“I think... I changed my mind...” she said and it made JB frowned. “These tickets are too pricey to end up in the dustbin.”

JB started to feel the strange beats again inside his heart.

Eunji cleared before staring at him with pleading eyes. “So... Do you mind to watch the movie together... with me?”

***

 

‘This is crazy.’

Im Jaebum still need pretty long time to realize that he wasn’t dreaming. Yet it was when his cell phone suddenly vibrating as he received a message from Mark.

‘Where are you, JB? Sana and I just suddenly realize that you are no longer sit with us. Are you okay? You left the movie for an hour already.’

“Tsk, that brat. How dare he just realize that I’d go out already from their room,” he snorted while typing a reply message for Mark.

‘Just go watch the movie together with your crush. I’ve found my princess already and I’m watching a movie with her in another room!’

JB chuckled when he sent the message. “Eat that, Mark Tuan.”

“Didn’t you enjoy the movie?” a husky voice suddenly sounded and made JB turned his gaze from the phone.

“N-no. I enjoyed it a lot,” he quickly shoves the phone inside his pocket pants. “My friend, Mark just sent me a message to ask me where I’ve been gone.”

“Oh, so you’re coming here with him?” Eunji blinked. “I’m so sorry. Mark must be looking for you now.”

“No, no. It’s okay. He isn’t alone. He already with his girlfriend and I was being so bored cling around them earlier. That was why I came out from their room to buy some snacks but then I met you,” JB smiled awkwardly, while Eunji nodding her head in understanding.

“He’s with Twice’s Sana, right?” she suddenly asked.

“H-how could you know?”

“Mark is my friend too. Remem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter