He was never mine to begin with.

Waking up without you.

[ Jonghyun ]

 

Furious.

Yes, I am. Very.

"Why wasn't I informed of this?"

"Well, it is Onew-oppa's music video, Jjongie. It technically doesn't concern you. But since I'm such a loving girlfriend," She paused, wiping the sweat that was visible on my forehead. "I thought I'd let you know."

She's very loving.
But she's not you.

She obviously wants me.
But I only want you.

I sighed heavily, carefully stopping her hands so as not to hurt her feelings. I pushed myself to stand up, looking down at her before opening my mouth to speak.

"I'll take you home, I need to tell you something anyway." I extended a hand out to help her stand up as well. "Just wait for me at the lobby, I need to drop by our music producer's office first."

To my relief, she just nodded and obediently took my hand. I let go of the contact, though, as soon as she managed to balance herself with her own two feet. I wanted her to at least get a hint of what I was planning to convey to her.

I really should have done this earlier when you were still mine.

We walked out of the room, parting ways to get to our designated locations. I waited for the lift to come and fetch me. As soon as the stainless doors slid open, I set foot inside and pressed the button that will take me to my desired floor.

I reached inside my pocket, feeling the crumpled paper resting inside it.

I got out of the elevator and immediately skipped to the producer's office. I was told that the lack of emotions portrayed in my compositions was the reason why we were having a hard time coping up with my next album.

So I tried and tried even if it meant being rejected almost as soon as the music professional read the first stanza.

But this time, I'm almost absolutely sure and confident that what I have written down last night will make the cut.
I poured my heard and soul into that one song, for Pete's sake!

I knocked twice and twisted the knob open as soon as a voice from inside gave me permission to come in. He looked up from the papers he's been working on and gestured for me to sit on the chair across his.

"Have you finished your dance work out with Donghae?"
He smiled thoughtfully as he questioned.

"Yes, Hyung. I just thought I'd let you go over my recent composition."
I was nervous, afraid even, that my hard work will just get denied again.

"Sure thing, Kid. But if this one- "

"-lacks emotions once more, it won't do. I know, Hyung. This one's different, I promise."
I cut him mid-sentence, knowing full well what thoughts he was having in that perfectionist head of his.

"Alright. Let me take a look at it, then."

I took a lungful of air and pulled out the crumpled paper from my pocket. This wrinkled paper right here contains the shards of my broken heart, so he better acknowledge the pain I had to go through just to write these words down.

I held onto the paper tightly until I hesitantly handed it over to the man sitting behind the desk. He unfolded it, eyeing me skeptically - probably wondering how the paper ended up in its current trashed state. I swallowed the lump on my throat as his eyes darted to the contents of the paper in his hands.

I observed intently as his brows creased, his teeth sunk to his bottom lip, his eyes blinked a few times.

Did he not like it?

I could have sworn that the tears I shed while writing the words were enough to make up for the 'lack of emotions'.

After what seemed like centuries, he cleared his throat, causing me to sit up straight.

"By any chance, did you write this out of your own heart?"
His voice sounded more concerned than serious.

It struck me how he could ask such a clear-cut question, as if he already knew the answer but just wanted to hear it from me directly.

"I... Uhh...  Yes."

"I'm not going to interrogate you with unnecessary questions anymore, but just know that whoever this person in your composition is... keep her. She'll bring out the best in you, Jonghyun-ah." He smiled, leaning over to pat me on the back.

I wanted so bad to scream at the top of my lungs, scream at him and tell him that the person is no other than you - Kim Kibum, a he.

But I know he only means well.

What he said was correct, though.
You bring out the best of my abilities, Key. There's no debate about that.

"D-Does this mean you approve of it this time?"
I tripped on my own words, still not believing the producer's approval.

He nodded with a smile, opening the drawer of his desk to keep the crumpled paper there.

"We'll go through the details some time next week, Kid. You did well with the lyrics, I'll have the best composers work with you on the arrangement. I'm kicking you out now, get some rest."

I smiled widely, not even hiding the excitement building at the pit of my stomach and crawling all over my veins. I thanked him and bowed before taking my leave for the night. Something's finally working out for me. For my career, that is.

"Oh, Jonghyun-ah!" I turned around to face him again, a big question mark drawn on my face. "Do you happen to know where Onew is? I tried calling that klutz but he won't pick up, and I need to give him these music sheets by tonight."

Onew-hyung?
Didn't they see each other at the conference earlier?

"Not really, Hyung, but if you want, I can drop by his place on my way home."
I willingly offered. It's not like I have something better to do than lay in bed, thinking about the times when we would just cuddle in bed and wishing on every shining star to let me see you this instant.

"Alright, then. Thanks, Kid."
I took the scores from him and bowed once again, finally stepping out the room.

Tch. That lucky rabbit, getting his album done in no time.
At least things are going well for him, yet again.

Rabbit?
No, that's just... ridiculous. I've always referred to him as a rabbit but he can't possibly be that rabbit.

I shook my head, trying to erase any thoughts that will only lead me to breaking down on my knees, crying.

I got out of the elevator and took my time walking towards the lobby. When I reached the end, I saw Jessica standing casually, her back facing me. My steps came to a sudden halt and I just stared at her petite figure, unable to clear my thoughts of any worries coming my way.

I swear I'm going to do it tonight.
This has been dragged on for so long.
So long that you managed to slip away from my grasp.

I'm going to break it to her
I'm going to break up with her, the mistress.

"Jjong! Shall we go?"
She turned around, catching my presence and immediately taking her place beside me, her arms instinctively hooking around mine.

I managed to nod in affirmation, showcasing a fake smile for I know the tears she'll shed later will be all because of me.

One decision went wrong and here I am, causing two innocent hearts to shatter in pieces.

 

 

 

 

 

[ Jessica ]

 

I'm sorry, Jessica. I truly am.
 

I clutched onto my handbag tightly until it hurts, your words echoing inside my head like a nightmare. My legs threatened to give in, but I managed to make it inside my flat without breaking down.
 

You did nothing wrong. I did. I'm sorry.
 

I can feel my body trembling, my lips quivering at the memory. I dropped my bag on the floor and ran inside my bedroom, climbing on the bed and pulling the blanket over my frail body.
 

I'm in love with someone else, long before I even met you. I just forgot. I hope you can find it in you to forgive me.

 

How can I, when the guilt of being the other person is eating me up alive?
How can I, when I gave you my everything yet you just threw them all away in a blink of an eye?

How can I?

I can.
Because I love you.

Tears were streaming down my face, but I let them. They're proof that I really did fall in love with a jerk named Kim Jonghyun. Curling into a ball, I let the silence of the night drown me to sleep, wishing that tomorrow when I wake up, someone will magically appear and mend my wounded heart.

My y love... was never mine to begin with.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Firstly,

THANK YOU TO ALL 111 PEOPLE WHO SUBSCRIBED!

I wanted to do a double update but I can't, seeing how I'm still loaded with work.
But I promise I'll do one next week (Holy Week = No Classes) !
For now, I'm giving you this short update since it feels like my body is bruised all over. Gahh.

I reached a hundred subscribers and now I want to cry. :'<
I hope I don't disappoint you as the story goes.

 

P.S.  Saying HI to my churchmate, nycoole, who managed to find her way here at WUWY!
Lol. Don't tell my Sunday School students that I write stories like this, OKAY? :))