Chapter 5

Because I Miss You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aish~! That Kwon Jiyong is SOOOO annoying!” muttered Dara to herself when she woke up the next morning. She had spent the whole night thinking of what Jiyong might do to her on Monday that she had hardly had any rest. She grabbed her phone and started texting Chaerin.

 

That Kwon Jiyong is getting on my nerves!

 

Why, what happened?

 

He said he’s going to turn me into a joke at school tomorrow?

 

What? Why would he say that? Did you do something to him?

 

Well… He injured himself and I purposely rubbed his wound to …

 

HAHAHA! Well, then you only have yourself to blame, Dara.

 

I know I know but aren’t you supposed to be the supportive best friend?

 

Hey I call them like I see them. Don’t worry. Just grit your teeth and get through tomorrow. Wanna meet for lunch?

 

Yeah, ok, whatever. I’ll see you at our usual place?

 

Ok, cya later. ^_^

 

 

Dara walked into her classroom on Monday with a sense of apprehension. What exactly did Jiyong have in mind? As she walked in, she saw Jiyong at his seat. Jiyong gave her an amused look before looking at his handphone again.

 

Oh he is so AGGRAVATING! What is he planning to do?

 

Dara fumed as she sat down in her seat and got ready for her first lesson. She kept worrying about what Jiyong was planning that she didn’t even hear Chaerin calling her.

 

“Yah, Sandara Park!” screamed Chaerin. “That’s the third time I’m calling you! What are you so engrossed with that you can’t hear me calling? Your fried chicken again?”

 

“Ah, mianhe Chaerin-ah. I’m just thinking about something. And NO, it wasn’t fried chicken!” replied Dara, fuming inwardly as she saw Jiyong grinning to himself at the sight of Chaerin screaming at Dara. “What were you asking?”

 

“I was asking if you wanna go to the new mall tomorrow. The one that just opened a few streets away from my house. I heard it’s got a lot of pastry shops there and apparently one of them has an awesome cheesecake that I’ve heard so much about!” rambled Chaerin.

 

“Yeah, sounds good. We can check it out together tomorrow,” replied Dara half-heartedly.

 

They had to end their conversation then as Mr. Kang called the class to attention and started his class. Throughout the day, Dara couldn’t concentrate on her lessons, as she was afraid Jiyong might spring something on her. Even during breaks, she would pull Bom and Chaerin with her to go to the canteen.

 

What could Jiyong possibly do that would make me a joke?

 

Her final lesson came to an end at last as she stepped out of class and headed for the main gate.

 

Stupid Jiyong. Made me worry for a whole d-

 

“HI DARA!” Jiyong jumped out from behind a pillar and grabbed Dara from behind.

 

“AHHHHHH!!!!” Dara screamed and nearly fell. “YAH! Kwon Jiyong! What do you think you’re doing? This is your idea of turning me into a joke?”

 

“This? Oh no. Well, partially yes. But you’ve been a joke the whole day,” said Jiyong.

 

“What? How? Did you stick something on my back?” asked Dara, trying to turn and look at her back.

 

“If I’m not mistaken, you’ve spent your entire day thinking about what I would do to turn you into a joke. And I think that’s funny enough,” chortled Jiyong.

 

“Yah! Kwon Jiyong! How dare you!” Dara rushed at him and started smacking him on the head. Jiyong yelped jokingly and ran as fast as he could away from Dara. Dara tried to catch up but eventually gave up.

 

Jiyong turned and saw that Dara wasn’t chasing him anymore. He slowed down to a stroll and continued his way home, with that same idiotic smile on his face.

 

 

Dara and Jiyong met on Wednesday to discuss what they would do with their kids on Saturday. As they talked, Jiyong suddenly noticed the faint dark circles around Dara’s eyes.

 

“Hey Dara, have you been getting enough sleep recently?” asked Jiyong.

 

“Why do you ask?” replied Dara.

 

“Because you’re starting to look like a panda,” teased Jiyong. “And I noticed you’ve been looking lethargic in class. Have you been getting enough rest and eating enough?”

 

“Yah, that’s my personal life, Jiyong. Who are you to check on me?” retorted Dara in secret amusement, as she turned away from him. To her surprise, she felt a sharp tug on the side of her head, as Jiyong grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her closer towards him.

 

“Sandara Park! Your health is not to be joked around with. If you fall sick, the kids at the orphanage are going to be worried, Mrs. Kim is going to be worried and I’m going to be worried!” said Jiyong sternly. “Now tell me, how much sleep have you been getting and have you been having regular meals?”

 

Dara was about to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter