Chapter 3

Because I Miss You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s phone rang as she got ready to go to bed after a day of preparation for the picnic and she saw that Chaerin was calling.

 

“Yobseyo!” said Dara.

 

“Yobseyo, Dara!” replied Chaerin in a bright voice. “So how’s everything for tomorrow’s picnic?”

 

“I’ve just finished preparing everything,” said Dara. “It’s been such a tiring day.”

 

“Didn’t Jiyong help you at all?” asked Chaerin.

 

“Of course! He was such a big help,” replied Dara. “In fact, I didn’t know he was so protective of the kids till today. He even complained that I was going to feed them processed food and soft drinks. Haha!”

 

“Aigoo, I didn’t know he was such a softie when it comes to children,” swooned Chaerin. “I heard he can become a dragon like his name suggests when he’s really angry.”

 

“Jinjaa? I certainly can’t tell from our interactions in the past few weeks,” said Dara in a disbelieving voice. “He’s got such a good nature.”

 

“Omg I can’t believe you’re standing up for him already,” said Chaerin. “Do you have a crush on him?”

 

“Yah! It’s just standing up for a friend!” replied Dara in a huff. How could she possibly develop a crush for Jiyong? “What about you and Seungri? Have you two killed each other yet?”

 

“Almost, but not nearly. Aigoo, I wish I could go on the picnic with you all tomorrow. Seungri’s planned to do colouring with the kids tomorrow and it’s going to be soooooo boring,” whined Chaerin.

 

“Don’t you love the group of kids you’re assigned to?” asked Dara.

 

“Of course I do!” replied Chaerin hurriedly. “I love them so much. It’s just that I can’t stand being with Seungri for so many hours doing nothing but colour pictures.”

 

“Hahaha! I’m sure you’ll survive,” laughed Dara. “I’m sure you can have a nice chat with the kids as you colour.”

 

“Yeah, yeah whatever. Whatever it is, it won’t be as fun as a picnic,” said Chaerin in a bored voice. “Is that Park Yejun still giving you problems?”

 

“Well, Yejun is still cold towards Jiyong and I but we’re seeing some improvement in that,” said Dara, as she recalled how Yejun had reacted the first time she and Jiyong met him.

 

“Oh ok, that’s good. Thank goodness my group doesn’t have any kids like that,” said Chaerin. “I already have Seungri as a partner. I don’t think I can stand another kid like that.”

 

“Haha! Chaerin-ah, he really isn’t that bad, you know,” laughed Dara. “You should give him a chance.”

 

“Give Seungri a chance? Please… I’d rather remain a spinster than give him a chance,” Chaerin’s eyes nearly rolled to the back of her head. “My ideal one is far better than he is.”

 

“Aigoo, you have someone in mind? Why didn’t you tell me before?” asked Dara excitedly.

 

“It’s none of your business. I don’t think I’m ready to tell anyone yet,” said Chaerin.

 

“Yah! I’m your best friend Chaerin! Surely I have special privileges?” said Dara, feeling a little hurt.

 

“I’ll tell you when I’m ready, Dara. Don’t worry, you’ll be the first to know, ok?” replied Chaerin. “Ok, I gotta go. Talk again tomorrow! Bye, Mrs. Kwon!”

 

“Yah!” started Dara but Chaerin had already hung up.

 

“Aish! This girl!” mumbled Dara to herself, as she got ready to go to bed.

 

 

“Hey guys, are we all ready to go?” called Jiyong, as he and Dara stood at the main entrance of Sunrise Orphanage on Saturday morning.

 

“Neh!” chorused Minho, Sohee and Soomi, all whom had their their outdoor clothes with a cap and water bottles slung across their bodies. Even Yejun was there, though he was standing some distance behind the other three children with a blank look on his face.

 

“Do we have everything?” asked Dara, looking through all the things they brought. “Is the first-aid kit there? Mrs. Kim said it was a must.”

 

“Yes, it’s in my bag,” replied Jiyong. “Don’t worry. I made a final check before coming today.”

 

Mrs. Kim saw them from her office and walked out to greet them.

 

“Aigoo, you all are going out for your picnic today right?” swooned Mrs. Kim. “Now children, make sure you listen to Dara and Jiyong and have a lot of fun, all right?”

 

“Neh!” said Soomi, Minho and Sohee.

 

“All right! You all should head off now. I think it’ll be just the right time for lunch when you all arrive,” said Mrs. Kim with a smile.

 

“Neh, Mrs. Kim. We’ll be heading off now,” replied Jiyong, as Dara rounded up the children and headed towards the main entrance.

 

Dara walked in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter