Chapter 4

Because I Miss You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong heard Dara’s scream and turned in time to see the oncoming car and pull Yejun safely onto the pavement. Yejun was still screaming and struggling against Jiyong’s grip on his arm and, in his attempt to free himself from Jiyong, sank his teeth into Jiyong’s hand and bit as hard as he could. Jiyong yelped in pain but kept a firm hold on Yejun. Dara rushed up to help Jiyong handle Yejun and freed Jiyong from Yejun’s struggles. Dara picked Yejun up and locked him in a tight embrace from behind to stop him from struggling. Yejun struggled for a while more before finally breaking down in tears and sobbed on Dara’s shoulder.

 

“Kwenchana, Yejun-ah. Everything’s ok now,” said Dara in a soothing voice. “You can just cry it out if you want to.”

 

“Eomma… Appa…” mumbled Yejun between sobs, as he continued crying into Dara’s shoulder.

 

Dara carried Yejun as Jiyong and the other three kids packed up the picnic and got ready to go off. But not before Dara’s sharp eyes caught sight of Jiyong’s hand as he was packing it up.

 

“Jiyong! You’re bleeding!” exclaimed Dara.

 

“Ah, it’s ok. Don’t worry about it. It’s just a small wound,” replied Jiyong.

 

“How can that be ok? It might be deep! Look, blood’s still dripping from it!” objected Dara. “We need to attend to it now before it gets infected!”

 

“We need to get the kids back to the orphan-” began Jiyong but Dara cut him off by putting down Yejun with the other three kids and took out the first aid kit she had brought along.

 

“Yah! Stop being stubborn. Minho, Soomi and Sohee, I need to help Jiyong-oppa with his wound. Take care of Yejun for a while ok?” Dara asked the three kids.

 

“Neh!” they replied.

 

It was fortunate that Yejun was calming down and his sobs were gradually quietening. Dara took out the saline solution and directed a gentle spray of it onto Jiyong’s wound. Jiyong winced slightly at the sharpness he felt as the spray was directed onto the wound.

 

“Yah! See! How can this be ok?” said Dara, as she applied a clean gauze to Jiyong’s wound to dab up the excess solution and blood.

 

“You’re just exaggerating. It’ll stop bleeding in OWWWW!” yelped Jiyong, as Dara pressed hard on his wound with another clean piece of gauze, before securing it in place with a few pieces of tape from the first aid kit. “Yah! Sandara Park! What was that for?”

 

“For being stubborn about your wound! Aish~ You’re worse than Yejun when it comes to being stubborn!” replied Dara, as she walked over to pick Yejun up again. “Come on, guys, let’s go. Let’s leave Jiyong-oppa to carry the things by himself.”

 

“Neh!” cheered the three kids happily.

 

“Yah! Jamkahnmahn!” protested Jiyong, as he scrambled to pick everything up and catch up with them. “Yah! Sandara Park! I’m the victim here!”

 

Dara giggled but ignored Jiyong’s protests and continued walking out of the park back to the orphanage.

 

“Sohee-ah, did you have fun today?” asked Dara.

 

“Neh! It was so much fun today!” replied Sohee cheerfully. Dara could tell that they were slightly shaken by Yejun’s outburst but was thankful that they sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter