Milk Teas Over Coffees

Deals and Bets

With a cup of milk tea at hand, Krystal Jung walked through the doors of her office. As the Designs Department Head of the EverGreen Corporations, she earned that office space. Strewn across the coffee table inside her office are different cutouts of fabrics and wood samples. The glass boards are full of pictures of different landscapes. She is an Architect but she loves mixing and matching the designs of the malls and resorts more than creating the structures themselves. She heads to her table and sets for the day.

 

“Miss Krystal,” her assistant, Luna knocks at her open door.

 

“Yes? Any changes in my schedule for the day?” Krystal does not look up from browsing through the wallpaper samples in her desk.

 

“The President called for a meeting. For all employees in 30 minutes.”

 

“All? That’s new. Any news about what it is?”

 

“Some say that they are going to introduce a new employee today. Must be a high position.”

 

“Hmm, it made me curious enough. Ok, I’ll meet you there.”

 

Thirty minutes could be spent doing the initial phase of the new project. Even though the new building has not been made, let alone been in a blueprint, she had been thinking of the plans for the landscape already.

 

As she opened her laptop to get to work, a knock was heard.

 

“Luna, I know. Thirty minutes. I won’t drown myself in work just yet.”

 

But a voice of a man answered her.

 

“You know, more often than not, coffees are drank during mornings. Not cold milk tea.”

 

She does not even want to face the speaker. She knows full well who it belongs to. And boy did she miss it so.