Dropping of Bombs

Deals and Bets

“Miss Jung, a package came for you… and wow! That is one big rock!” Luna was mesmerized by the ring in Krystal’s finger.

 

“Ah! Luna, that’s not” Krystal who was red from blushing, was cut off by the very giddy Luna.

 

“Miss Jung! I know that I had been very busy at work and you are too but you can’t just leave the details like these from me! I could be your wedding coordinator or something! I’ll work for free! Oh, Miss Jung! Who is the lucky guy? Have I seen him? Did he ever go to your office?” Krystal could not even get a word in, and luckily a knock on the door shut Luna off, for just one moment.

 

Myungsoo opened the door. He was hearing all the words that came from Krystal’s secretary. As much as he wants to barge and tell Luna that he is the luckiest man to be her husband, not yet though.

 

“Vice President!” Luna bowed as a gesture and was once again shocked to see what was in Myungsoo’s arm… a bouquet of flowers.

 

“Ah, Miss Park I figured you were here. The receptionist downstairs was trying to contact you. The flowers came in and they were trying to get you. It seems it was part of the package intended for Miss Jung.” Myungsoo casually slid it off from his arms and put it into the table.

 

“I am so sorry Vice President that you had to take this to Miss Jung’s office.” Luna wanted to pry more details from Krystal but sadly, the boss was there and she might get fired.

 

“No worries, I was really going to talk to Miss Jung about the London plans.” He smirked at that. He is hoping that Krystal was getting the message. Now that he looked at her more, she was still red, unable to speak.

 

“Yes, Vice President, Miss Jung, I would be going first.” Luna quickly went outside.

 

As soon as the coast was clear, Krystal took the opportunity to smack Myungsoo at his arms.

 

“Yah! How is that being “in the low keeps”? Huh? You just went in here and brought a huge arrangement of flowers! Ugh, Luna was this close to connecting what could have happened!” She was repeatedly hitting Myungsoo, but with each one losing force as Myungsoo slowly engulfed her into a bear hug.

 

“What? I did send them as a package so you’re the only one who could see them. And it’s the receptionist’s fault for not bringing the bouquet with it.”

 

“Yeah, cause that would make it less eye-catching. The ring does it for everything else.”

 

“I’m taking it that you like the ring?” Myungsoo shifted them and sat down on the couch, more like lay on the couch. “Ugh, I’m so tired and my fiancee does not even kiss me hello. What to do to get some loving around here?” Myungsoo tightened his embrace on Krystal who is squirming again.

 

“Number one: It is too big of a rock, but indeed it’s very pretty to just put inside the case. Number two: tired of what? Lugging that bouquet to my office?  And number three: Letting me breathe would definitely give you points.”

 

“Soojung, Soojung, have you still not yet realized that I know you? You like it here.” He used one hand to pinch Krystal’s face. “Here in my arms. Right?” He then pecked the pursed lips of Krystal.

 

“Yah! I told you stop doing that! Not here! We made a deal remember? Or do you want the consequence of breaking the rules of this bet?” With those words from Krystal, Myungsoo slowly let go of Krystal and sulking with it.

 

“You know, if I did not love you so much and those things that I could have at home are not totally worth it, I would have just had my way.” Myungsoo stood from the couch and straightened his suit. Krystal made her way to the desk to open up the package. Myungsoo beamed at the sight of Krystal just opening it. “You haven’t opened it yet? Open it now!” Myungsoo also went to quicken Krystal.

 

“Well, Luna was so happy I did not have the time to look at it yet.” When she opened the box, there was a picture of a puppy Husky, wearing a sign “I’m waiting at home Mommy! Please come home with Daddy now” She clutched it and wanted to squeal so much and turned to Myungsoo.

 

“When did you buy the dog? I mean, I don’t even care. How could you do this to me now? There is still a good hour left before office hours ends! What do you think am I going to be thinking about for that hour?” She could already imagine the dog waiting for her at home.

 

“Just an hour ago. I passed by this pet shop when I came back from the meeting.” Myungsoo was smirking. “You know, we could go home right now. Being Vice President has its privileges.” Both of them knew what that would entail, being seen by the employees going home together.

 

“I hate you.” Myungsoo was laughing as Krystal just stared longingly at the picture of the husky. “Fill me in the details. All of it. You can’t leave this office until you do.”

 

“Gladly to. He is male. Two months old. I wanted to name him Ross, but you could still change it, the name is not yet engraved in his collar.” A low squeal was heard from Krystal who looked intently at the picture to look for the said collar. Myungsoo could only chuckle. “He is potty-trained. Can do tricks. And I was planning on getting him to be the mascot for our wedding.”

 

If it was a month ago that Myungsoo said those words, Krystal would have avoided it, but who is she joking. She can’t wait for it to happen. With one more look at the picture, she spoke “Okay. Let’s go home.”

 

Yes, Myungsoo had the clear “huh?” look on his face. “Go home,  as in go home right now?”

 

“Well, I can’t wait for an hour to see this big piece of fur. So yeah, move it.” Krystal was smiling, she knows that he understood her.

 

“Soojung, are you sure? No, I’m not even going to let you think twice about it anymore. Yup, you’re right.” With that, he grabbed the bouquet in one hand, and interlinked the other in Soojung’’s hand. As they went through the doors, Myungsoo made a quick, “Luna, I’m sure there’s no schedule left for Miss Jung. So if anybody asks, she went out early.” Soojung was blushing and kept her head down, but not because she is shy or anything, she was just simply trying to hide her smile at Luna’s jaws dropping. There are so going to be a lot of changes tomorrow.