Falling For You. Literally.

Deals and Bets

True enough Myungsoo was very professional for their meeting. Not once did they talk about the evening before or the the whole of yesterday. Krystal was thankful for that fact. At least he did not increase the pain she was having.

 

“Okay, all that is left is for your approval for the additional designs.” Myungsoo stood up and went to the board where the blueprint of the structure was. Krystal was reluctant to stand up, she can feel her abdomen being pierced by invisible needles. But alas, she had to, or else Myungsoo might use it against her. She slowly walked towards the board.

 

“There were already a few approved designs that was given to me. Your team said that you are still requesting more designs from them. When do you think will you be able to give them?” Myungsoo was facing the board so he did not see Krystal pounding her head to relieve the pain. She quickly muttered, “Today. Expect the files on your desk before office hours end.”

 

“We’re not rushing. I’m still waiting for the landscape design to see the materials would suffice.”

 

“No, no. The deadline is tomorrow, my team will finish it today.”

 

Myungsoo turned to her, “And I am saying that the deadline is extended until we get the full list of materials needed.”

 

Krystal was about to say something but instead she only winced in pain and fell forward. Myungsoo quickly reached out to grab her.

 

“Woah, woah. Easy. Are you okay?” Again, Krystal was about to reply but darkness soon engulfed her.

 

“Soojung! Soojung! Wake up!” Not even having second thoughts, he dashed through the room, carrying Krystal. He even went to push the emergency button so that it would go directly to the lobby. He did not bother to greet the people bidding him a good morning with the strange looks that they were throwing at them. He quickly put her into the backseat and went to the nearest hospital.

 

When Krystal woke up, she was hearing Myungsoo talking to someone on the phone. “She’s okay mom. Although we might stay here for the rest of the day. Please tell it to mommy and daddy too. I’ll call if there’s something we need. Thanks, bye.”

 

He saw that Krystal had woken up now. “Hey, how are you feeling? Do you need anything? Don’t even scare me like that Soojung.”

 

“My head hurts, my body hurts. Why is there a needle in my arm?”

 

“Doctors said you were not eating right. They had to put an IV to give you what your body needs. Are you on some starving diet or something? Stop whatever that is, it’s not good for you.”

 

“How did I even get here? And no. It’s not a diet. I just don’t have the appetite since last week.”

 

“No appetite? Your assistant said that you don’t go out or buy lunch. And if you were the same as yesterday and today, I did not see you eating dinner nor breakfast.”

 

“Stop. Just stop talking. I might bash your head or something. I just had my period so my body is in a haywire. So stop.” Krystal just wants to tune out Myungsoo’s voice for his whining. It becomes a pitch higher mind you.

 

“Soojung you fainted in my arms. You were not waking up. What am I supposed to do? Let you sleep till oblivion?”

 

“I told you, I’m just having my period so my body broke down.”

 

They were quiet for a few moments. Myungsoo was still worried even if Krystal had already woken up.

 

“Thank you.” Krystal silently said. “I’m sorry if I made you worried.” Suddenly Krystal’s face turned horrid. Myungsoo panicked thinking that something’s happening to her. He quickly went to her, “What’s happening? Is it your stomach or your head?”

 

“You… You…”

 

“Me? What about me? Soojung speak clearly.”

 

“... You brought me here?!”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I brought you here. Why?”

 

Krystal took the pillow from her head and started beating Myungsoo up.

 

“What? What? Stop. You’re going to hurt yourself Soojung!”

 

About three more hits and she stopped. She was breathing heavily. Myungsoo was confused with what was happening to her. She might not have lost it right?

 

“What’s the matter? What happened?”

 

“What happened? You just brought me to the hospital!”

 

“Yeah, we already established that.”

 

“Don’t you understand what you just did?”

 

“That I brought you to the hospital? Come on, we’re going through circles here.”

 

“No! It means that every person you had passed by had seen you carrying me!”

 

“So?... Oh.” Krystal rolled her eyes to Myungsoo’s slowness.

 

“My bad.” Myungsoo was scratching his hair. He did not really thought about that. “I panicked okay? Maybe no one even saw us.”

 

“Yeah cause the employees would not see their vice president carrying a woman through the lobby.” Krystal rolled her eyes again. “Nothing we could do about that. I’m going back. Hopefully no one noticed.”

 

Krystal moved to get up but Myungsoo quickly pushed her down the bed. “No, no. You’re not going anywhere until that bag is finished.” He was pointing to the IV bag not even half done.

 

“No way. I need to approve the designs that my team is making. We have to pass those today.” Krystal was actually panicking and her breathing became slightly erratic. Myungsoo moved to calm her down.

 

“If you still would not accept the fact that the deadline is moved to next week, I have my laptop here, try to work here.” He was very much against Krystal’s determination to finish everything today, but it seems that it was the only way to keep her from lashing out on anyone. “Just try not to push yourself too much okay? Rest if you want.” It was a good thing that he had called his father and asked him to get his and Krystal’s things. Yeah, the president obeying chores like that for the vice president seems peachy, but even his father could not stop his son from worrying.

 

“Okay. But after that bag finishes I’m out of here. Deal?” Krystal was just relieved that she could still work.

 

“Deal.”

 

A few hours later, the image shifted into Krystal and Myungsoo sharing the bed, bickering at the designs.

 

“Why do you even have a say in this? I’m picking the designs.”

 

“Well Miss Designs Department Head, in case you forgot I am the architect. I have a say on what goes in my building.” He was back to being cocky, and Krystal was more than annoyed of this.

 

“But what you’re picking are too tacky! They don’t even go with the color of the building!”

 

“What? The fountain with the cat sitting at the top is the best of all that I have seen!”

 

“Are you even kidding me? I’m even ready to fire whoever sent this!”

 

“No, that cat artist got to stay. He’s designing our house next time.”

 

“A lot of questions popping into my head concerning your preference in life.”

 

“In what way was that making me look gay?” Myungsoo gave her a look. The are-you-kidding-me-look.

 

“Maybe because the artist is a man and you just said that you would have a house with him.”

 

“I don’t even want to answer that.”

 

“Suit yourself. But I don’t want to see that hideous fountain even on the first draft.”

 

“I am so going to put that in. It’s better than the ‘Enchanted Forest’ theme you are going for.”

 

“What’s wrong with that? For your information it’s the trend nowadays. Mystical, magical, fictional type of designs.”

 

“No. It’s too dark.”

 

“That’s what makes it better!”

“Oh yeah, I forgot. You like it in the dark. Especially doing somethings. Right?” Myungsoo wiggled his eyebrows for an added effect. It did faze Krystal, her eye was close to twitching. But before she can say anything again, the door opened.

 

“I told you they’re okay.” Myungsoo’s father opened the door, together with Myungsoo’s mother and Krystal’s parents. In the background, both Myungsoo and Krystal swallowed hard. It was time to face the parents.