A Nice Welcoming

Deals and Bets

Kim Myungsoo just spent 30 minutes trying to locate where her wife had been stationed. It was hard to fish out information from his parents as they admitted into making a deal with her. So what’s a guy gonna do? Look at the company board for the names of the employees. There a picture of Soojung was stuck, but bears a different name.

 

Krystal Jung. Time to make a visit to the Designs Department.

 

Admittedly, he is afraid to see her. It was too much to see the hate in her eyes when she found out about the truth. He understands that five years could never have mended wounds or hurt. But he misses her so much. So much that he does not care even if she kills him then and there. He just wants to see her again, face to face.

 

As he went to her office. It struck him, five years did a lot to her. She matured and looked more corporate than she would have wanted to five years ago. He got all the courage he has and went against his guts about not going through his plan. He knocked.


 

“Luna, I know. Thirty minutes. I won’t drown myself in work just yet.” Her voice. It has been five years since he heard her voice.

 

As much as he just wants to run up, hug her, kiss her, tell her he loves her, he needs to take it slow. He is walking on eggshells here. Instead he went with his new found personality Japan made for him.

 

“You know, more often than not, coffees are drank during mornings. Not cold milk tea.” He was still standing by the door. Arms folded across his chest, a smirk playing on his lips.

 

Soojung finally stood up and went nearer to him.

 

“Five years and you could have not stayed there for, I don’t know? Forevermore?” If he is going to go macho on her, it’s time for her to show what the name Krystal meant. Solid like a rock, eyes cold as ice. It worked on Myungsoo, but only for a brief second. He composed himself. He liked the new attitude. A total 360 from her old personality, but the same goes for him. This would be fun.

 

“Well, to give you a decent answer, I managed the branch so well it could operate on its own. My baby is all grown up.” He even makes a tear wiping motion.

 

“Are you the reason for the meeting later? Now I have to make an excuse for not appearing.” Krystal mocks thinking and sprouts some ideas.

 

“Or you just tell dad that you were too busy making out with your husband. I don’t think he would ask more questions.” He went nearer to her, closing and locking the door with him as he went.

 

“Never in a million years Mr. Kim” She steps back to avoid him, but as usual, the desk would limit her chances.

 

“Mr. Kim? I sound too old. Then again, more authoritative. That’s what you want?” They were face to face now, mere inches apart.

 

“Okay, just leave. I’ll be there at the meeting. No need for this excuse.”

 

“Aww, but I like it. I’d get to do this to you.” He went for her lips and kissed her with the hunger he kept for years. In that moment, they did not hide their true feelings. They missed talking to each other, their banters, they missed each other. He had to pull away or else she might actually kill him.

 

“See you at the meeting, Sweet.” And with that he turned to leave.

 

“Oh, Heart, don’t count on it.” It was her turn to smirk at him. She gets his reference, it was their old endearment, Sweet and Heart.

 

He shuts the door as he leaves. Krystal turns back to her laptop. Both thinking, this could be fun.