M&Ms

Deals and Bets

“I see you guys met Maddox. He is quite a handful but still cute.” Both Myungsoo’s and Krystal’s head turned to the speaker. It was Myungsoo’s father.

 

“Maddox is Victoria’s kid. You remember her right? She’s my godchild. You guys grew up together.”

 

“Yeah. I remember Victoria. But that does not mean I understand why her son is here.” Myungsoo was still looking at the kid busy playing with the stuffed toys.

 

“Victoria? She was here?” Krystal was doing the same. It seems that Maddox heard them and looked at them.

 

“Where achie?” Maddox stared at them. The three heads turned to him.

 

“Achie? Chinese? Victoria and Zhoumi raised him as one as expected.” Myungsoo was trying to put the pieces together.

 

“Dad, why is he here?” Krystal was asking the right questions.

 

“Victoria brought them here, and was actually looking for you two. And I think she wants to talk to the both of you.”

 

“So where is she now?” Before his father could answer, Victoria went inside the room.

 

“Soojungieeee!!! It’s been so long!” Victoria ran up to her best friend and hugged her.

 

“Why didn’t you say that you went to Korea? I coukd have picked you up.” Krystal was likewise happy to see her best friend.

 

“And no hellos for me? I’m hurt Qian.” Myungsoo was mockinh hurt and holding his heart.

 

“Yah, where did you learn how to act?” They all laughed and Victoria continued, “I have to introduce you guys to my kids.”

 

“Kids? Plural?” Myungsoo asked, wanting to clarify the facts.

 

“Yes, Zhoumi would be here with Maxene in a little while, she got distracted with the view from the elevator.” She then turned to Maddox. “Shoti, lai. Come here” Maddox ran up to Victoria’s leg. “Mommy! Where achie?”

 

She picked him up and played with him while answering his question. “Achie is just outside. Say hi first to Auntie Soojung and Uncle Myungsoo. Say hi.” As if they were the ones being told to, they waved and cooed him.

 

“Mommy! Daddy is so slow, I beat him to the office.” It was a small kid, bigger than Maddox.

 

“And I see that she is Maxene. Hi!” Krystal stooped down to meet her in eye level.

 

“Hi! How do you know my name?” Maxene was smiling but confused.

 

“Your mommy and daddy are my friends. I’m Soojung” Myungsoo was actually happy inside when she introduced herself with her real name. They were making progress.

 

“And this is Uncle Myungsoo. They are going to take care of you until next week.” Victoria’s chippy voice masked the whats of both Krystal and Myungsoo.