Chinese Experience... Wait, London Experience

Deals and Bets

Krystal barged into their hotel room. She sees Myungsoo casually flipping on the channels added to her frustration.

 

“This is all your fault! I knew it from the very first day I met you!”

 

To say Myungsoo was clueless about was Krystal was talking about, it was true.

 

“Will you give me three chances to think of what is the matter?”

 

“Forget it! It’s already ruined! Don’t even tell me that everything is going to be okay. Cause I know, it’s not.”

 

“I don’t think that shower helped me time travel. Last time I saw you, was before that. How could I have ruined your day?”

 

Krystal flopped down the couch and sighed. Myungsoo grabbed some water before going near her. He passed it to Krystal.

 

“What happened?”

 

“How can you be so calm after what happened?”

 

“Believe me, I'm trying to understand everything."

 

“What if it does come true? Myungsoo, you of all people knows about it.”

 

It seems that Krystal was not going to budge with the situation. Honestly, he still does not know what's happening. He's just trying to fish out information. But she really won't budge. Myungsoo decided to cheer her up.

 

“Let’s take off your mind from it first. I want to see what London has in store for us.”

 

When he saw that Krystal was about to argue back, Myungsoo quickly added “Isn’t that the reason why we are here? To see the structures and the authentic London lifestyle?” He smirked. He knew she'd definitely have to go. It was her principles that work and personal life are two separate things.

 

___

 

“Would it be too cliche if we put up telephone booths around?” Krystal was currently taking down notes and taking pictures of the scenes around them.

 

“We could. But what would it do? Call room service?” They are sitting on a the stands and while Krystal was working, Myungsoo was just drinking Pimms. It was Wimbledon time when they came to London, and they managed to get tickets.

 

“You know, that sarcastic remark actually makes it work.”

 

“Fine. So can we just watch the game and eat strawberries?”

 

“No! We have deadlines to meet! Work your off.”

 

“Negative. I really like tennis.”

 

“So should we include a lawn tennis court? That could make it different from the usual indoor tennis courts included in amenities.”

 

“That would need a lot more maintenance than a hard court.”

 

“But it creates a different experience than the rest. Isn’t that what we should be thinking of? How our European-themed resort going to be different?”

 

“The telephone booths are modern enough. Most of the hotels and resorts connected to Europe are to the Victorian era, mansions, castles. Put in a theme park of miniature structures too. Remind me that we need to look at the St. Bride’s Church, I’m thinking of putting in a bake shop.”

 

“Since that church was the basis for the traditional wedding cakes. I like that idea.” Krystal was writing down notes and circling places on the map. “I never thought you’d actually talk about work. Nice work.” Krystal was mocking his ways, definitely.

 

“Yeah, I know. So, can I go back to watching the game? This is the last set. You had bothered me for the last two ones, let me have my peace, please.” Myungsoo just wanted to watch tennis.

 

“Fine. But after that, we go sightseeing.”

 

“You know, it would have sounded romantic, but no, you just had to make it work-related.”

 

“Thank you.” And a sickening sweet smile came after.

 

__

 

“No! Can we just go back to the hotel?” Myungsoo stopped on his tracks to look at Krystal who was pouting.

 

“From what I remember, you were the one who insisted on walking around to look at the whole London.”

 

“You just want to eat! What does a Chinese restaurant have to do with London? Just order room service.”

 

“Soojung, I’m hungry. And I’ll have you know, most countries have their own China Town. Include that fact somewhere.” Myungsoo started off to the restaurant. “Besides, you’re the one who likes Chinese food. I’m helping you out.”

 

“Fine, eat some hotdogs or dimsum. I don’t care. I’m going back to the hotel.”

 

Myungsoo just let out a sigh. He does not understand why Krystal was acting that way. As Krystal went up to stalk off, pieces of paper fell down from her notebook. Myungsoo was quick to help her up and collect the papers. One particular small note caught his attention. He read it.

 

“Although you came as two, be sure another one would be with you. Congratulations.”

 

Myungsoo can’t help himself and just laughed right off.

 

“Is this the reason you’re pissed off earlier? You know, I should be the one angry at you. You ate Chinese without me.” Myungsoo continued on laughing while Krystal was red all over.

 

“Ugh. I hate you so much. I’m going back.”

 

“Wait up! I’ll go with you. Let’s make that fortune cookie come true.”

 

It seemed that London was supposed to bring them back together, but it was China that made the change. Thank God for fortune cookies.