Meeting the Parents-ish

Deals and Bets

Yes, might as well just sleep off the rest of the evening. But cruel as she is, she is not leaving Myungsoo alone with the two pair of parents. And something in her stomach is making her guilty. True enough, all the while that Krystal had been hiding under her new name, Myungsoo was really trying hard to make peace with her.

 

“Soojung, our parents are going to be here in an hour, you can rest until then.” Myungsoo was at the doorstep. She forgot that she had not closed the door before she fell asleep. Myungsoo was already turning on his heel when Krystal spoke up,

 

“Wait!”

 

Myungsoo did not say anything but turned to look at her.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m just very sensitive today and you almost screaming at me did not help at all.”

 

“I know. That’s why I just let you off to cool yourself. I still know you, in case you forgot.” Myungsoo smiled at her. Enough of those smirks that she was getting. That innocent smile of Myungsoo had made the difference.

 

“It just hurts you know, when the rumors started five years ago, people started gossiping on how i just seduced you and landed my spot in the company. It made me think twice about why am I exactly in the company for aside from being your wife and my parents’ daughter.” Krystal was fighting the urge to cry in front of him. “That’s all, you can go now.”

 

It was Myungsoo’s turn to stop her. He pulled her arm to make her look at him. His eyes show his sincerity. “I’m sorry too. I always thought I knew what was the best for you. And after hearing from my parents that you are in that situation, it broke my heart. Really it did. I was trying my best to put you up again. Even if it needs to publicly kiss you or such.” He was smiling now. Krystal did not even fight it off anymore, she smiled back at him.

 

“Okay, enough sappiness, go back to your cockiness and show off your cooking skills.”

 

“You know it babe. I’ll call you when they are here.”

 

Skip time to an hour after. Krystal was making her way down the stairs as their parents entered the front door. It was really awkward as for the past years, Krystal had distanced herself from them.

 

“Oh Soojung! I missed you so much!” It was her mother who had engulfed her in a bear hug first. When she responded and hugged her back, the three other parents took turns in hugging and greeting her.

 

“Yah! I was gone from the country for five years and no one even hugs me?” Myungsoo mocks hurt, but he is happy that Krystal is finally opening up again.

 

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot you are there son!” Myungsoo’s father laughs at his son. “It’s good to feel this kind of atmosphere again, am I right?”

 

Everyone agreed on and decided to eat.

 

“Homemade food? I’m sure Myungsoo is the one who cooked all this. This is going to be delicious!” Krystal’s father started to pass down the roast beef to the others.

 

“Are you actually implying dad that I could not cook like him?” Krystal was definitely having fun tonight.

 

“Who are you kidding? I doubt that five years could change a person’s cooking skills from burning water to a five-course meal.” That was Myungsoo’s remark.

 

“I’ll have you know that I can cook my own instant cup noodles!”

 

“Um, dear, I don’t think that is the kind that you are supposed to be proud of.” Myungsoo’s eyes were full of mirth. “And I’ll bet that you only get the hot water from the dispenser, not boiling it yourself.”

 

“Soojung, don’t even try to argue back. We still remember your cooking skills.” Myungsoo’s mother was trying hard not to laugh, just like the rest of the table.

 

“Or lack thereof.” Krystal was pouting, “You’ll all see when I’ll be able to cook the best food there is!”

 

“I doubt that. Let’s just eat shall we? I’m sure they are very eager to taste my cooking.” Myungsoo got the last word.

 

It was when they were having coffee after the meal that Myungsoo’s father opened up the conversation.


 

“So, Soojung, when will we be able to have you in the Board of Members again?”

 

To say that Krystal was taken aback by the question was an understatement. Yes, she was planning to break the whole charade up, especially after the talk with Myungsoo, but it only occurred to her now that she would take a different role again.

 

“Honestly, I haven’t thought about that.”

 

“Honey, isn’t five years too tiring for that kind of job?” Krystal’s mother was truly concerned with the health of her daughter. “It was so hard to not meet with you regularly.”

 

“I love my job, but yes, it can be tiring.”  She already saw her mother’s face lit up, so she quickly added on, “Don’t get your hopes up. I’ll still think about it.”

 

“And that is all that we want to hear.” Krystal’s father stood up to hug her daughter. “We will wait for your decision. Until then, you’ll still be the Krystal Jung of the company.”

 

As they ushered their parents out, it was only Krystal and Myungsoo who were left. Myungsoo spoke up first.

 

“So, we good? No more fighting and arguing, just love and peace I hope?”

 

“Can’t make promises, but truth to be told, I did miss one thing for those five years.” It was suggestive enough that Myungsoo had caught on. He went to lessen the gap between them.

 

“And if I do give it to you, will you make a deal with me?” Krystal had encircled her arms around his neck.

 

“What would that be?” He in turn grabbed her by the waist, nuzzling her neck and collarbone.

 

“I’ll announce to everyone that you are my wife.”  Krystal began caressing his nape, all the way to his hair.

 

“No can do. Until I make the decision that I’m back as Kim Soojung, not yet.” He began to leave wet kisses on her neck.

 

“Girlfriend then? Just so that I’ll have unlimited access to you. Everything about you.” Krystal gently bit Myungsoo’s ear and whispered to him, “You’ll have to court me first.”

 

“Oh, I’ll do more than that.” And with that, he finally got to claim her waiting lips.