Background

Deals and Bets

A lot could change in the course of five years. A seedling could grow into a tree. A puppy could be as big as their owners. A person could already graduate college. A pair of inseparable lovers could be the worst enemies.

 

Enter Jung Soojung and Kim Myungsoo, since they were kids, no one could ever separate the two. It was a no-brainer that they ended up with each other. Eventually they got married and started their lives running the company of their parents.

 

This is where everything went loco. A rumour had spread that the only reason Kim Myungsoo agreed to their marriage is because they needed the merger with the company of Soojung’s parents. At first Soojung did not believe in them, but eventually she found out from her husband himself, the truth.

 

The parents were of no help either. Myungsoo’s parents shipped him off to the Japanese branch of their company so that he could handle it on his own. Broken-hearted Soojung made a deal with him before he left. Don’t try to contact her, not even for business purposes. And in return she would not divorce him, making the merger between the companies invalid.

 

The five years could never be brought back. More so the years before that. But the feelings could still be the same. Yes, they know within themselves that they still love each other. No need for hiding that fact. But as Soojung went on with her life, she also made a deal with their parents. She would still work with the company, but not as their daughter and heir, just plain old Krystal Jung.

 

As the five years went by, Myungsoo managed to focus solely on work, not even dropping by to see Korea once. He was at fault. He knows that he would marry Soojung, just not as early as they did. Both parents decided that the best merger would be the marriage of the two. They hid it from everyone, even Soojung. They did not want her to be forced into marrying him. He became the cocky boss that gets what he wants. After five years, the Japan branch is finally handled by someone else. Time for him to go back to Korea and live the life he initially wanted.