Chap9: Memories

Crossed Fates

Park Shin Hye’s POV

I woke up in the morning feeling the warm sun on my face. I had a slight headache, I turned to the side and slowly opened my eyes, just to have the shock of my life.

“AAAAAHHHH” I screamed as my eyes grew wider. Wook just looked at me as if there was nothing wrong. “Please don’t scream so early in the morning…” he scratched his inner ear with his pinky as he got out of bed, adding “... my ears are sensitive”

How can he be so calm about this?!

I looked down and I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday, but I can’t remember half of yesterday!

“Think… think….” I muttered as I tried to recall what happened yesterday. OK! So… it was Wook’s birthday…. Eun-Ji and everyone was here and I made food with Wook, afterwards the guys were playing games, I was drinking beer and soju…. Then I drank that juice…. Then…. Then… “OH MY GOD, I can’t remember!” I stressed out as I stuffed a pillow on my face.

“What are you mumbling about?” Wook walked towards me with a cup of tea.

“Uhmm… did I/we… I… do anything …?” I was trying to ask but I was so lost at the moment that I can't even ask something so simple.

“Did we do anything last night?” He took the question out of my mouth, with a chuckle as he handed me the tea. My eyes widened.

“Did we? Do anything?” He looked at me with such a teasing look as he then let out a laughter and said “I think the question you want to ask is what did ‘you’ do last night”

“What do you mean?” I got worried.

“Well…” He sat on the bed next to me and crossed his legs. “… for starters, you trashed my house after drinking like a mad woman and you yelled… on your phone about your supposedly sweet boyfriend” He said while raising both eye brows.

“Memories coming clear?” He asked.

“Not really” I shook my head from side to side. “But that doesn’t explain why I was sleeping with you on the bed… why didn’t you just take me home”

“Yeah… about that…. You were in such a state it wasn’t even funny… and you turned off your boyfriends calls like a million times and from the way he was treating you, I saw I dark tunnel for you so, I just left you here instead” He smiled at me as I felt tingly in the stomach, just from thinking about Seung-Ho for a second.

“Okay… that explains why I’m here but still doesn’t explain the bed part” I looked at him.

“That, I also don’t know… I mean, I placed you on the sofa but in the middle of the night you must’ve crawled on to the bed” He tried explaining it. But I guess he does make some since, I mean, it’s possible for me to have done that, I was loaded after all. But, I still feel irritated that I can’t remember anything.

“By the way, we better get to class or we’re going to be late” Wook said to me as he lifted up from the bed.

“Ah, yeah… you’re right” I agreed with him. “You better lend me a pen and a paper since my bag is at home”

“Yeah, sure” He smiled as the both of us walked out of his house and hurried to class. When we arrived, everyone was already there.

And just as the teacher arrived, Sehun looked at me worried and patted my head “Don’t drink like yesterday again”

“Yeah…. Drinking ain’t your forte, so control yourself next time” Kai patted my back as D.O then looked at me with sad eyes and just shook his head from side to side “I have no words for what you did last night”

Eun-ji just giggled at him and then asked me “Are you feeling better?” as all of us entered class and sat on our respective seats.

“I have a slight headache” I told her.

“Natural… It’s because you drank buckets yesterday” She smiled at me.

“Yeah, and I can’t remember half of it” I pouted as I laid my chin on my palm.

“Want me to tell you?” She smiled. “Up to where do you remember?”

“I remember up to the part when drank some juice, after that… everything is a bit confusing… like… I remember very small parts almost nothing” I tried explaining to her.

“Okay… do you remember breaking a bottle of vodka?” She asked me.

“Ah… I remember hearing something breaking… but only that” I told her.

“Okay… you broke a whole bottle of vodka that D.O had bought, he said that what you broke was his heart not the bottle” She gave a small giggle. “But he’s not angry at you, since you didn’t break it on purpose, you just happened to bump against the table and it fell on the floor”

“That explains, why he said he had no words for what I did last night” I nodded.

“After that I went out with him to buy a new bottle… so you were alone with Wook for like an hour”

“I do remember something but I’m not very sure…. I remember… I think I wanted to play a game with wook or something…. The room was a bit dark…. And… I’m not sure but I remember feeling Wook’s face on mine… it’s very confusing after that it’s all pretty much pitch black” I explained to her.

“Maybe… He was just trying to hold you or something and your faces touched by accident” Eun-Ji smiled and she then put on a smirk “or… maybe you guys kissed”

“That’s not funny” I frowned at her.

“Tsk… I was teasing” She hissed and then continued… "After that it went like this…"

Nobody’s POV

13 hours ago….

“Yah! Wook we’re back!” Eun-Ji walked in with a new bottled of vodka along with D.O.

“That wasn’t long” He responded as he placed Shin Hye back on the couch.

“As she calmed down?” She asked worriedly.

“I don’t know… she was crying just a moment ago” He answered when suddenly Shin Hye hears her phone again, repeatedly ringing, over and over again.

She began yelling once more to her phone, since she knew it was Seung-Ho calling. She would constantly turn off the calls and yelled in the room, how much she regrets being with him, how much she regrets giving him a chance when he first cheated on her and as she vented her anger, she cried at the same time.

“What should we do with her?” D.O asked Wook.

“I think it’s best to just let her vent” Eun-Ji mumbled as she crossed her arms.

“You know… you said that a while ago and look at what had happened to my beloved bottle of vodka” He side eyed her which caused her to chuckle.

“No.. No!...” Wook and D.O ran towards Shin Hye as she was about to break Wook’s pc. D.O held the computer as Wook quickly hugged her from the back and turned her around “Calm down” he said to her as he then took her to the sofa.

“Still want her to vent?” D.O looked at Eun-Ji, frowning his eyebrows. “His pc was about to meet the same fate as my vodka” he added.

“Okay, you have a point” Eun-Ji shook her head.

“Will you stay still?” Wook asked her and she smiled cutely saying “Hmmm”

“Good” Wook smiled at her as he walked towards Eun-Ji and D.O.

As they were talking in between each other about what’s going on with her. Shin Hye picked up another cup of gooseberry and walked towards Wook’s bed since she was feeling tired.

“So, thirsty… and tired” she mumbled as she drank a bit of the drink and let it slip from her hands which caused it to dirty a bit of her jeans and clashing some of it on the bed sheets.

“Oops” Was all that came out of her lips.

“Uhmmmn… Wook” Eun-Ji called his attention.

“What?” He asked.

“Look behind you…” She said as she pointed at Shin Hye and Wook’s eyes widened.

“Those were expensive sheets” He mumbled in a shocked tone.

“I feel you my friend” D.O place his arm around him. “At least it was your sheets and not your pc”

All Wook could do was sigh. Shin Hye’s phone rang again but this time Wook jumped on to the sofa and quickly turned it off before Shin Hye could hear it “That was a close one” he mumbled.

“Yeah… I think if she were to see his name once more your house would look like it got hit by hurricane” D.O mumbled.

“I think it’s best if I take her home” Eun-Ji offered.

“Yeah” D.O agreed.

“Actually, I think it’s better if she sleeps over here” Wook said to them. “You know how her boyfriend has been acting… and I don’t think I would like to see her coming to school with bruises”

“You have a point….” Eun-Ji looked at him. “Then take care of her… and don’t do anything to her” Eun-Ji gave him the evil eye.

“Now… let’s go D.O” She said as she patted D.O’s shoulder and they went home.

Back to present

Park Shin Hye’s POV

“I’m so sorry…” I apologized to Eun-ji after hearing what I did yesterday. I can’t believe I caused such a scene.

“I think you should actually apologize to Wook and he was really worried about you” She told me. “He didn’t even let me take you home, he felt that you were safer sleeping over at his place”

“I guess, I should apologize” I mumbled as I scratched my lips. But I feel so weird… I really feel like he might have kissed me or something… maybe I'm just thinking too much, I thought to myself as I sneaked a look at Wook.

 


Hi my beloved readers!

Did you like this chapter? I really hope you did :)

I'm sorry for not having updated any earlier, I was supposed to do it last saturday but I got packed with projects, university stuff so it got complicated :/

Anyways, Thank you so much for still supporting me !^o^! I love you all! Please, leave a comment telling me your thoughts :3