Chap7: Heart pain

Crossed Fates

“Where have you been? I saw some guy taking you over his shoulders” Seung-Ho looked very upset.

“It was nothing baby, he was just joking since I wanted to slack from studying. He just wanted to help me with math… You know how bad I am at it, and you can’t exactly help me since you yourself have troubles with it…” I tried explaining.

“Studying huh? Sleep with him?” He suddenly asked me out of nowhere which pained my heart.

“Seung-ho!” I ended up yelling.

“What? Going to tell me I’m wrong?” He kept on going at me.

“That’s not funny! Why would I do that? You know I’m not like that!” Tears were slowly forming from anger.

“Then why didn’t you say you were going to be with him? Were you trying to hide it? thought I wouldn’t know?” He kept on saying as he began walking towards me with blood shot eyes.

“Yaah! You’re not being fair!” I couldn’t control my tears anymore. “What about you, huh? How are you being any different? You didn’t also call me or warn me in any way that you were going to stay out all night! How do you think I felt?!”

He didn’t respond to me, he just looked raging which was starting to scare me. “If you’re not cheating then don’t see him anymore!”

“I’m not cheating! And how can I not see him anymore? He’s from my course!” I tried to fight back. “And he’s simply helping me! How’s that doing anything wrong?!”

“Compared to you! While you just went partying with your friends, I was just getting helped by a friend” and just with this sentence I felt a sharp pain on my neck, I could feel the heat and the strength from Seung-Ho’s hand. “This isn’t you….” I cried.

“This isn’t me?” He chuckled angrily. “Let me tell you something… you go and cheat with a guy and expect me to stay calm? You have to be freaken kidding me” as he tightened his grip around my neck. It was becoming hard to breath.

“You’re hurt…ing me…” my heart was in so much pain. This wasn’t the Seung-ho I knew. How could he change so much in such little time? What happened? Why is he acting like this?

So suddenly, he just pushed me on to the floor and yelled in irritation. My heart was throbbing with nervousness, I wasn’t used to this Seung-ho. For the first time, he actually hurt me without a second thought. It was scary… My hands were trembling uncontrollably.

Seung-Ho furiously just walked out of the house without leaving a word. I quickly reached my phone and tried calling Eun-Ji… it kept calling and calling, it looked like she wasn’t going to answer.

“Oh… Shin Hye? Sorry, I just woke up from my nap, haha” She naturally said once she answered the call.

“Eu…n…ji” I sniffed.

“What’s wrong?? Why are you crying? Did something happen?” She panicked.

“Can…. I… I sleep … at your place tonight?” I desperately asked.

“Ah sure… I’ll meet up with you…. Just go to that coffee shop I told you to go too” She said to me as I tried wiping away my tears.

“Okay…”

So, I quickly went and grabbed my pyjamas, stuffed it in my bag, grabbed my keys, I went to the meeting spot.

After 20 minutes, she appeared before me. “Yaah! Why is your face so puffy? Why were you crying?” She asked worriedly. “Don’t worry let’s go to my place and you can talk to me about it”

I just nodded as she wrapped her arm around my waist and walked to her apartment.


“Sit here on the bed…” She told me as she sat on the chair opposite to me and looked at me. “What happened?” She asked.

“Is it okay if I don’t talk about it for now….?” I asked since my heart was aching so painfully just thinking about it, I felt like I was about to cry again. It hurt me to see Seung-Ho that way.

“Okay just change to your pyjamas and rest on the bed and go to sleep” Eun-Ji spoke caringly.


Narrator’s POV

Ring…. Ring…

“Hey Shin Hye, wake up… we have to go to classes” Eun-Ji shook Shin Hye gently and as Shin Hye got up, she noticed the bruise on her neck so she quickly grabbed Shin Hye’s cheeks and quickly checked the other side of her neck “Did he…”

And Shin Hye rapidly hid her neck with her hair nervously. “Let’s go or we’ll be late” She tried avoiding it and quickly went to classes with Eun-Ji.

After half an hour of classes Eun-Ji texted Wook.

From: Eun-Ji

Come outside with me for a bit, I need to talk to you.It’s really Important! It’s about… Shin Hye

 Leave after 5 minutes so it doesn’t look weird.

After 10 minutes passed both of them were outside the university building.

“What’s so important?” He asked.

“Something happened to Shin Hye” Eun-Ji tried talking to him about it.

“Oh... you mean the reason she didn’t even look at me this morning?” Wook chuckled. “It was probably because we almost kissed yesterday” He thought to himself.

“You noticed it too?”

“Well she’s a bit obvious… haha” He joked.

“This ain’t a laughing matter, Wook! I think her boyfriend hit her yesterday”

“WHAT?! What are you on about?!” He looked shocked and confused.

“Yesterday she slept over at my place and she was crying all night… Plus, this morning I saw her neck and it’s all bruised” She explained.

“I’ll kill the dude!” Wook felt upset.

After class finished, he abruptly grabbed Shin Hye’s wrest and dragged her out of the school. “Yaah!” She yelled at him as he pulled her hair back and saw it for himself.

“Why didn’t you call me yesterday?! Why didn’t you tell me the bastard hurt you!” Wook felt uneasy.

“He thought I was cheating on him… so he did that…. I’m sure he’ll be back to normal today, he smelled of alcohol yesterday, so it was probably the alcohol that made him go like that…”

“Why are you always making up excuses for him?!” He became frustrated.

“I love him!” She screamed at him as tears fell again from her eyes.

“He’s cheating on you!” He yelled at her and she froze.

“You… You’re jus…t saying that..” She cried. “I’m going home…”

“Screw it, I don’t care what happens to you! You’re stubborn!” He yelled at her.

After that, 2 weeks passed by and Wook hadn’t come to classes, although Shin Hye was appearing with more bruises each day and Seung-Ho was just partying and coming home drunk. Shin Hye tried to understand his behaviour until she saw what she didn’t want to see… A girl kissing Seung-Ho.

“He’s cheating on you!” She remembered what Wook had said.

“haha….” She let out a small giggle of pain as she began crying. “That idiot was right…”

 


Hi my beautiful readers! :D

What do you think of this chapter?

Please leave a comment with your thoughts :) It encourages me to continue ^^

Love you all :D SMUSH!