How about it?

Smoke and Mirrors

When Thorn woke up the next morning she had almost forgotten about the letter but the constant blaring of her KakaoTalk notification was killing that really quick. She really didn't want to answer anyone today and just forget the rest of the world existed. Unfortunately after a few more notifications her 'Crowtit' ringtone destroyed all hope of that. She rolled onto her side knowing that the ringtone meant it was someone not saved in her phone. She looked at the number and definitely didn't recognize it.

"Yeobuseoyo?" Thorn was really happy that she had the ability to sound completely awake when she hadn't even had the time to pull herself together. It saved a lot of explanations as to why she was in bed so late. The girl loved her sleep.

"Annyeong. Is this Evans Hawthorne-ssi?"

"Ne. How can I help you?"

"This is Park Ye Jin with Starship Entertainment's entertainer's department. I was calling to inform you that your audition was successful and we would like to have you come in to discuss some opportunities that we'd like to have you follow up on. Of course should you agree with any of these opportunities we will have a contract for you to sign and we will begin to formally work together. We would really like to see you sometime this afternoon if you're free," Thorn almost dropped her phone. No way they had really accepted her that quickly. She stumbled a bit over what to say next but eventually gathered her thoughts enough to form a coherent sentence.

"What time would you like me there?"

"We would like to see you at 14:30 in the entertainer's department office on the seventh floor. I expect that you know your way here?"

"Ne, I'll see you at 14:30," The woman on the phone quickly bid her goodbye and hung up. Thorn jumped up and began squealing and jumping around in a circle. It had been less than a month that she had been in Korea and she already was on her way to being able to follow her dream. She was so excited she couldn't contain it any more.

"Omyshisus are you okay? You realize it's only like eight a.m. right? I thought you had died! What the hell?" Angie had burst into her room at the sound of her squeals to find Thorn smiling like an idiot. Thorn didn't care that she was getting one of the dirtiest looks that Angie could muster she ran over and bear hugged the out of her.

"Starship wants to meet with me to discuss opportunities and potentially sign a contract with me!!!!! I am so ing happy oh my god!!!!!" Angie finally got what was going on and started squealing with her and jumping up and down with Thorn.

"When are you going? Have you told the boys yet? Have you told Giriboy? Do you think you'll start soon?" Angie could hardly control her excitement. She had always been on Thorn's side and sometimes one of the only people in her fan club so she was just so happy to hear that this was finally happening for her.

"Why are you always the one that's full of questions like that? I just found out! I'll tell them in a minute and I have no idea when I'll start I have to go to this meeting at two thirty. I have no idea what's going to happen after that," Thorn opened her phone and started texting Si Young to let him know the good news. She knew he was probably still asleep too but she couldn't help but to text him. She was so damn excited! When she finished texting him she switched over to her HotShot chat but she hesitated. Should she really tell them herself? What if Junhyuk was expecting an answer from her immediately?

"What are you waiting for? Tell them!!!!" Angie's energy honestly only made Thorn feel worse. She walked over to the nightstand that she had put the note in when she had finally laid down last night. Instead of saying anything she simply it into Angie's hand. She sent Thorn a confused look before she started to read it. When she finished her face broke into the biggest smile she could manage. "Omyshisus!!! This is awesome! You two will make the cutest couple like ever! I ship it so hard!"

"Well stop shipping it now or I'm going to sink it real fast. I don't like him like that. I mean yes, he's gorgeous but he's supposed to be that's like, a requirement to be a Kpop Idol... I don't know I like him as a friend and he's great like that but I can't see myself with him... He's just... I don't know... too him?" Thorn shook her head, she really didn't know how to explain this. A month ago she probably would have been weak in the knees for him but now that she was in Korea? Now that she met Giriboy who seemed to flirt with her every chance he got? It just didn't feel right to picture herself with Junhyuk.

"So you're going to turn him down? Why do I feel like I need to hug him?" Angie pouted and Thorn rolled her eyes.

"Because he's part of your bias band and you think he's going to be devastated by me turning him down. I'm sure he's not that serious about it. I mean it's not like I'm all THAT amazing you know?" Angie shook her head.

"You really underestimate yourself Hawthorne," Thorn just cocked her head at her friend.

"Si Young said the same thing to me yesterday. I don't know what the hell you guys see that I don't but there's no way that it's that serious," Angie just sighed. It was no use explaining if she didn't get it.

"Well what are you going to wear to your meeting? Don't worry I'll tell the guys I don't want you to worry too much before you get this contract signed," Angie was never one to stay upset for too long and her energy was back so quick it made Thorn's head spin.

"I'm not even sure that I'm going to sign the contract yet. I've got to see what they're trying to get me to do. I really hope that one of the opportunities can lead me to Gag Concert. I really want to do that," Thorn got up and made her way to her closet to pick out her outfit. She decided on a simple pair of black high waisted shorts and a nice off the shoulder white shirt and a pair of black lace up knee high combat boots. Angie gave her an appreciative look and Thorn went about the difficult task of curling her hair and doing some light make up.

"You're looking hot! So y! Are you hoping to run into Giriboy?" Angie wiggled her eyebrows as best she could at Thorn who just rolled her eyes.

"I haven't even heard ba-" She was cut off by the sound of her Kakao notification going off. She looked and her phone and her eyes widened. "Speak of the devil!"

Giriboy91: Chukhayeo! Does that mean you're going to be at Starship today? If so we should eat together when you get done! I'll probably have to work late though :'( Mad Clown's being a slave driver!

ComicThorn: Ne. I'll be there today I have a meeting at 14:30 so maybe we can grab a quick dinner after?

Giriboy91: Sent a photo

Thorn laughed at Si Young's selfie with Mad Clown in the background staring intently at the computer. Si Young himself was pouting and it was just so adorable.

"Apparently I'm going to see him tonight and grab a quick dinner. Try not to burn the apartment down if you cook and don't kill my kitchen!" Thorn looked up and saw that Angie wasn't in front of her anymore and had snuck over to her side so that she could look over her shoulder.

"You should send him a selfie back! He's so cute ohmyshisus!" Thorn rolled her eyes but complied and took a selfie with Angie still trying to look over her shoulder. Thorn quirked an eyebrow and smirked while Angie cheesed out.

ComicThorn: Sent a photo

ComicThorn: She won't let me have any privacy! Beware the short ones! They're dangerous!

"That's mean Unnie! I'm just curious and you know it!" Angie swatted at Thorn's shoulder who just chuckled in response.

"Yeah and you know curiousity killed the cat. You should probably get going soon it's already eleven. Don't you have work today?"  Thorn laughed outright when Angie yelped and started running out of her room.

"Ohmyshisus what am I going to do if I'm late! The parents are going to think I'm irresponsible!" Angie ran out of the apartment screaming about how she'd be back later and she hoped Thorn had fun with Giriboy.

ComicThorn: How anyone ever hired that shorty to look after children is a lunatic. I wouldn't trust her with a fish let alone a child. She literally just ran out because she forgot the time. She's crazy.

AngieShot: Unnie! That's mean! Don't tell me you didn't realize you were texting me!

ComicThorn: Oh really?

ComicThorn: I guess I could have sent that to Si Young instead.

AngieShot: You mean you sent that to me on purpose!? >.<

ComicThorn: Of course I did lol... have fun at work! hwaiting!

Thorn laughed to herself as she closed her phone. This was turning out to be a really interesting day. She decided to go on ahead and go to the corner store to get something quick and easy for lunch before making her way to Starship. Even knowing her way now was still about a hour ride on public transportation. She really needed to buy a car if she was going to be here permanently now.

 

Thorn had finally had her meeting and to her surprise one of the directly offered opportunities was to be on Gag Concert. For now it would be temporary but it was a start. They needed a foreigner for one of their skits and were trying to have her potentially fill a couple small bits for skits and she honestly couldn't have asked for more as a rookie in the industry. She had immediately signed the contract and met with one of the lead directors and managers that would be working with her. Apparently the director was apart of the panel that had judged her and he had thought she was the funniest of all the candidates. He openly admitted that she had him crying with her bit comparing American and Korean cultures. He had mentioned something about hoping to offer that as a skit idea to the directors over at Gag Concert. Thorn had thanked him profusely and he and the manager gave her their numbers tell her they would be in touch to let her know when she would start rehearsals for Gag Concert.

After she had finished her meeting she headed back down to the fourth floor and to the last door on the right side of the hallway to find Si Young. She couldn't wait to tell him the good news and was bursting with energy. She finally didn't hesitate when it came to anything to do with Si Young and it was strange to her. She figured she would have still been nervous at least but no she was just too excited to tell him about what happened. She lifted her hand to knock but the door opened before she could and Si Young ran out into her knocking them to the ground.

"You know I get that maybe this is one of your kinks but, jinja, we really need to stop literally running into each other. I'm going to have bruises that won't heal if it doesn't stop," Thorn laughed at Si Young's sad look.

"Mianhe, Noona! I didn't see you! Jinja Mianhe!" Thorn just shook her head and laughed.

"I guess we're just like magnets. Bound to run into each other."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well I guess this happened lol... We'll see how this goes lol... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!