Housewarming

Smoke and Mirrors

"Ohmyshisus! I cannot believe that we actually met HotShot! And I got to sit by Yoonsan for 19 hours! 19! When do you think it's appropriate to message them? Should I wait till one of them messages me? What should we do Thorn?" Angie hadn't shut up since the plane had landed and the boys had been rounded up and taken away from us by their managers.

"We SHOULD go look for this real estate office that I found and not worry about that right now! Dear lord woman! Calm your ies! I cannot deal! Come on let's go get our bags, there should be a car waiting for us," Hawthorne grabbed Angie's free arm and slightly dragged her to baggage claim knowing that getting her out of her thoughts was not going to happen right now. Once the girls had grabbed all their bags they headed towards the front of the airport where a man in a nice black suit was holding a sign with both the girls names written on it.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I take it you are Hawthorne and Angie?" The man bowed to the girls making them swiftly bow back.

"Ne, I'm Hawthorne and this is Angie," Hawthorne motioned to the silent struck Angie.

"I'm Kim Ji Woon and I'll be your driver for the week. Here's my card," Mr. Kim handed Hawthorne his business card and she bowed accepting it. "You can give me a call at anytime that you need me I'm more than happy to come help. Also if you have any questions about the city feel free to give me a call."

"Kamsamnida! We really appreciate it Mr. Kim!" Angie finally got herself back to a somewhat composed manner and thank Mr. Kim for his kind offer. Mr. Kim helped them with their bags and lead them out to the large black SUV that would take them around the city for the week. Hawthorne gave Mr. Kim the name of the real estate office which he immediately took the girls to.

A short period of time after the girls entered the real estate agency they had signed a lease for a nice three bedroom apartment with a loft and large floor to ceiling windows in Gangnam. Thankfully it was already furnished and should they be careful about their money they could stay there for a long time without having to worry. They were both extremely happy with their choice, there wasn't any place that could have been more perfect. They got the feeling again that they were definitely going to do well here. 

 

Their first week had gone by quickly and the girls had officially gotten settled into their apartment. They had asked Mr. Kim to stay on as a driver for them and luckily he had agreed to do it and was charging them a very discounted rate. The girls were also working on getting a house warming set up for the weekend since Angie had found a job and Hawthorne had her first audition the following weekend. They had also gotten themselves new cellphones with Korean numbers and fairly well settled into a routine of late night skypes with Cate and Kaylee, early morning coffee and breakfast before Angie headed out to work, and midday text conversations with the boys from HotShot who had become quick friends. Hawthorne and Junhyuk had a sneaking suspision that there was something deeper going on with Angie and Yoonsan but they couldn't be completely sure considering that neither Angie nor Yoonsan were willing to talk about it yet. Though Angie had her suspicions of Junhyuk and Hawthorne having something going on too. Hawthorne honestly didn't know where she got that from though, sure she thought that Junhyuk was hot and that he was a great guy but she wasn't really into him in that way.

The ringing of her phone was Hawthorne's wake up call the morning of their housewarming. She reached over and turned the screen to face her. Junhyuk was facetiming her. She groan and clicked the button to answer the facetime.

"What could you possibly what at this ungodly hour Junhyuk?" Hawthorne rubbed her eyes and yawned looking to her phone's camera.

"You realize that it's like 2 in the afternoon right Thorn Noona?" Junhyuk chuckled at Hawthorne's bed head.

"Yes well that is only considered late if you did not just go to bed at 5 in the morning because your friend on the East Coast of the US was having a break down because she had to put down a cute little puppy because the poor puppy had puppy cancer and was in so much pain and the poor puppy cried for it's owners the entire time but the owners couldn't be there because they were in shambles and the mom was having to take her daughter out because she was hyperventilating. So, yes I realize that it's late Junhyuk. Now what do you want?" Hawthorne was not necessarily in her normally bubbly mood. She was sleepy. Junhyuk was the unlucky guy who had woken her up. She was going to make him regret that decision.

"Mianhe. The boys just wanted me to ask when we should head over. Yoonsan tried to get in touch with Angie but she didn't answer," Junhyuk at least had the decency to look sheepishly into the camera.

"It's okay Junhyuk. Uh... Just be here around 9? I think Angie'll be able to get ready by then."

"Cool I'll let the guys know," With that their call was ended and Hawthorne knowing there was no way she was going to sleep now woke up to start preparing for the party. Angie had insisted on a deep cleaning of the almost spotless apartment the day before so all that was really left was to cook and get herself ready. Hawthorne may not be exactly the cleanest person in the world but she could cook up a storm. It was by far her second greatest talent, only trumped by her ability to make people laugh, and she was very proud of it. Throwing her hair into a bun she opened up the fridge to see what they had. She was going to make kimbap, hibachi noodles, her 'teriyaki trappin chicken' (A/N I actual make this and one of my friends called it that years ago and it stuck) which was just teriyaki chicken with a dash of her homemade bar-b-que sauce, and a few vegetables. Yeah it was going to be one hell of a meal. Hawthorne took out all the ingredients that needed to thaw and sat them in the fridge so she could go get herself at least pseudo presentable.

After a quick shower and changing into a pair of ripped jean shorts and a BTS babydoll tee, she came back to the kitchen and began cooking. As she was getting ready to add the chicken to the wok she heard the door open and Angie take a deep inhale.

"Oh my shisus! You're making teriyaki trappin' chicken! Yay! I love that stuff so much!" Angie had run into the kitchen and hugged Hawthorne around the waist before swiftly departing lest she get smacked for crowding the kitchen. "So when are the guys showing up?"

"They'll be here around 9. Why didn't you answer when Yoonsan called? You knew if you didn't they'd call me and you also knew that I took over the Cate crisis since you had work today," Hawthorne spun around and pointed the large cooking chopsticks at the girl sitting behind the bar.

"Well I was going to but I ended up getting called to my boss's office where he asked me to be his translator for a meeting in a few days. He told me ahead of time because apparently I need to get all fancyified for this because it's like some gala or something ridiculous. I'm not all that excited about it. I tried to call him back though but he never answered," Angie gave a slight pout and began to pick at the veggies that Hawthorne had just cut up.

"Yah! I will cut you! And don't worry I'm sure it won't be as bad as you're thinking. Plus it's always fun to dress up every now and again," With one last sigh Angie took off to go get herself ready for the party. Hawthorne looked at the clock to notice that it was about 8:30 and all she could think was where the hell did the time go? Didn't she only just wake up? She must have spent much more time in the shower and picking out her outfit than she thought. She quickly rummaged through her kitchen to find all the big serving plates and dishes that would be needed and set the table while the food finished simmering. By the time she was done Angie had come out of her room looking super adorable in a new sparkly minidress with leggings.

"Why are you sooo dressed up? I thought we were supposed to be comfortable for a housewarming?"

"Well, you know, Yoonsan and all...." Hawthorne rolled her eyes. Of course it was to impress Yoonsan.

"I'm not changing. I'm comfortable and I'm tired. I refuse. You're gonna feel awkward in like 2.5 seconds if you don't go throw on at least a nice tunic shirt rather than that mini dress," Angie huffed at her logical thought process turning on her heel.

"Fine Eomma!"

"Komawo, ttal!" As they finished their exchange the doorbell rang and Hawthorne went to answer it, swinging open the door to reveal the six boys with a rather large box being carried by Junhyuk and Yoonsan.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" They all greeted as they walked into the apartment past Hawthorne who was holding the door open for them all.

"Wow Noona this place is awesome!" Sungwoon was standing over by the door leading to the balcony and staring at the view.

"Yeah this is really nice. How'd you find it so quickly Noona?" Kidmon asked from his place on the stairs heading towards their loft.

"A real estate agency you pabo! Don't ask stupid quesitons," Timoteo answered for her sitting on the couch already making himself at home.

Hawthorne could already feel herself sighing at how stupid this night was going to turn out. She walked back to the kitchen only to find Hojeong and Junhyuk staring at the food on the stove.

"Wow this smells delicious Noona!" Hojeong commented as Hawthorne came up and began shooing them away. She hated having useless people in the kitchen while she was cooking.

"Komawo, now get out it's almost done!" At that moment Angie came out of her room in a hooded sweater dress instead of the mini dress and she immediately took note of a bag that Hawthorne hadn't seen when she had opened the door.

"You guys brought soju?" Damn. Hawthorne was no where near prepared for the route this night was going to take. She was never one to turn down alcohol and she wasn't going to start now but she was very concerned with how the boys were going to react to her getting drunk. Angie was going to have a lot of fun trying to drunk sit tonight.

"Yeah we're off for the next couple of days and figured it'd be fun to drink with you!" Yoonsan eye smiled at Angie and Hawthorne could just feel her eyes burning a hole into the back of her skull.

These boys had no idea what they were in for and Angie wasn't going to play drunk sitter tonight. She had every intention of joining in on the fun.

What had these boys signed up for?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sorry if it feels kind of disjointed I was having a hard time getting the transition right but meh it could've been worse I figure. So next update will hopefully be on Thursday and I hope you're ready for some stupid drunk shenanigans because there will definitely be some of those lol... As always Thanks for Reading! Kamsamnida!