Mama Bear Mode and Diss Raps

Smoke and Mirrors

When Thorn woke up the next day Angie had already left for work at the day care. Angie had left a note telling her to have a good day and to just forget the bull of the day before. That was easier said than done. Especially when Thorn looked at her phone and saw that she had a text from Si Young. He had simply asked her when she had wanted to meet up for lunch but that lunch would mean telling him what happened. Sure, she could just not tell him but with the way their relationship had been going thus far she knew she wouldn't be able to do that. Thorn shot him a quick text saying that she'd be ready to meet up at around twelve thirty, since it was eleven and it would only take her about ten or twenty minutes to get ready. Thorn was ready to just get her day going too. The faster she moved away from the issues of last night the better.

After a couple minutes, Thorn got a text from Si Young saying that that sounded good to him. Thorn made quick work of getting ready and heading out of the apartment. She practically ran to the bus stop barely making it before the ajusshi driving it closed the doors. As Thorn counted the stops till she needed to get off, she took a mental note about how she really did need to get a car. She also shot a quick text to Angie reminding her that she was going to lunch with Si Young and might not be back before dinner. She didn't want her best friend thinking she had run away and abandoned her. Finally, when her stop came, Thorn exited the bus and was greeted with the sight of Si Young leaning against a building smoking a cigarette. She hadn't expected that he would be waiting for her here. 

"Daebak. Are you trying to impress me now?" Thorn laughed as Si Young sputtered and almost choked on his smoke when Thorn tapped him on the shoulder.

"Well.. I was trying to... but now I think I failed," Si Young finished coughing and stood straight up to look at Thorn. "That wasn't very nice of you Noona."

"Ah, mianhe Si Young-ah. I didn't mean to be mean," Thorn chuckled and wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. Si Young quickly returned the hug wrapping his arms around around her shoulders and planted a hand in her hair and nuzzled into her neck. Thorn chuckled and squeezed him back a bit more before pulling away.

"What do you want to eat today?" Si Young said giving Thorn a sweet smile.

"Hmmm... How about we get Italian? I'm dying for some pasta," Thorn answered and Si Young smiled wider and began to lead her in the direction of a restaurant with his arm still around her shoulders.

"So how was it after I left last night? Was it as awkward as you were expecting?" Si Young chuckled as Thorn sighed and dropped her head to look at the ground.

"Yeah and actually it was pretty bad honestly. Even Angie's kind of pissed about what happened," Si Young stopped walking and turned Thorn to face him.

"What happened?" Thorn couldn't help but notice how serious Si Young's face got. It was almost sweet how protective he sounded.

"Well after you left Junhyuk stormed off to the balcony and after Angeliqua, don't ask, and I had a little talk, I went to my room. After a while I just wanted to smoke because it was just really stressful honestly. I forgot that Junhyuk was on the balcony and we ended up talking and he got angry because apparently I never even gave him a chance. While he upset he started yelling about how you didn't even know me and that you were probably just looking for an easy lay and that I was holding up the easy American girl stereotype," Thorn paused and sighed not really noticing how Si Young's eyes lit on fire. "I slapped him and told him that we couldn't be friends until he could realize that what he said wasn't okay."

"I'm going to kill him," It was a simple statement but it made Thorn realize how angry the whole thing had made Si Young.

"It's okay. He didn't mean to insult you. He was just mad at me," Thorn shrugged and Si Young grabbed her shoulders tightly.

"You think I'm mad about what he said about me? Jinja? I couldn't care less what the little tard thinks of me. I AM pissed about what he was trying to say about you though. I can't believe he would say that. And he thinks he knows you better than I do? What a dumb," Si Young shook his head and Thorn gave him a small sweet smile. "Mwoh? Why are you smiling about that?"

"Because it's really sweet that you care that much that he said that to me," Si Young shook his head lightly at her.

"Why wouldn't I care about what some idiot says about the woman I like?" Thorn's eyes went wide. Did he really just confess to her? "I want to protect you whenever I can and however I can. Johahaeyo."

Thorn didn't really think about it when she moved in to hug him. She nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck and felt his hands move to her back. He her hair and grinned as Thorn tried to nuzzle into him even more. Neither one of them cared that they were in the middle of a crowded street and getting some odd looks here and there. Both of them were fairly caught up in the feeling of being able to hold the person they cared about.

"Johahaeyo, Si Young-ah. Jinja," Thorn wondered if he had heard her but after a couple seconds he pulled her even closer. She knew that he heard her.

Meanwhile, Angie had gotten off of work early since the company was preparing for the gala in two days. The daycare she worked at had been opened by the company to provide child care for it's employees and she had to admit it was actually pretty cool since some of the parents were single parents and had a hard time finding affordable childcare before the daycare came to be. It was fairly impressive to be honest. As much as Angie really did love her job, she was happy they got out early today. San had sent her a message that morning asking her to come over to the dorms to hang out with him and the guys since things were still going to be awkward around Thorn for a while. If she was telling the truth though she was more so interested in going to tell Junhyuk off. Yeah it was going to be nice to see San but she really wanted to give Junhyuk a piece of her mind. How dare he call Thorn a !

Angie took a couple deep breaths and calmed herself down enough so that she didn't get weird looks on the bus. She didn't want people to think she was a psycho after all. When she sat down on the bus she pulled out her phone to make sure that she had the right address. She had been known to wander to the wrong side of town because she flipped a letter or two in the street name. She noticed a text from Thorn and that let her know she had about six hours to deal with the boys before she needed to head home to be with her. Whether Thorn would admit it or not, Angie knew that she still wasn't okay with what happened yesterday.

Before she knew it, Angie was getting off the bus and walking the three blocks to the dorms that the boys were staying at. She was honestly a bit surprised by how nice the building was. She hadn't been expecting it to be super rundown or anything but she hadn't expected it to be as new as it was. Angie quickly punched in the code for the gate that San had texted her and headed into the building. Once in it was a quick elevator ride to the fourth floor where the boys were in the last apartment on the right. Angie got there and quickly knocked to have San open the door just as quickly.

"Thank god you're here! I was getting so bored," San pulled Angie into the dorm and into a quick hug.

"Really now? Well, tell me what happened when you left yesterday," San became a bit fidgety at the question, Angie noticed.

"Well... He wouldn't talk to us. He just locked himself in the room and the only reason I got to sleep in my bed was because he came out to go to the bathroom and I snuck in. I think Sungwoon ended up sleeping on the couch last night... He hasn't talked at all except for when he has to be a leader and this morning at practice he was like a robot. More so than usual. He locked himself in the room again when we got home and now I can't get to my phone charger. My phone's about to die and I really really want to play this new game I downloaded," Angie simply rolled her eyes.

"Where's the room?" San almost jumped up and down in joy and led Angie through the hallway to the second door on the left. She pounded on the door so hard that San jumped from the sound. He really wasn't expecting it. "Junhyuk Oppa! Open the door! Now!"

There were a few moments of silence in which San noticed Angie's face darken. He was a bit taken aback by it honestly. She was just so small it had been really hard for him to imagine her being this scary. If Angie had been less in the moment she would have told him that it was just because her Mama Bear instincts had been brought to the surface but she didn't have the patience to explain at that moment.

"Junhyuk! If you don't open this door I'm going to pick the lock!" Angie waited a couple of seconds to see if she could hear movement and when she didn't she pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and began to bend it to be able to pick the lock.

"You're not going to hurt yourself right?" San questioned and Angie scoffed as the lock clicked a second later letting them know that it was open. "Woah... You're gonna teach me that right?"

Angie stepped into the room and slammed the door in San's face locking it again. San immediately began knocking on the door saying something about his charger before saying something that sounded suspiciously like 'screw this I'm just going to steal one from the living room' and walking away. Angie approached what she assumed was Junhyuk's bunk considering he was laying on it facing the wall.

"I don't really want to talk right now Angie-yah," Junhyuk huffed out as Angie scoffed and grabbed his shoulder forcing him to turn and face her. His eyes widened at her when he saw how angry she actually was. He had been expecting that she was going to try to comfort him. It seemed more in her nature than for her to be angry at him.

"Well too ing bad. You're gonna talk to me. Actually no, you're going to ing listen to me. You said the tiest thing I have ever heard to Hawthorne. I cannot believe that you had the balls to call her a . You are a ing . I swear to god if you don't make this right I will personally shove my foot so far up your you'd be lucky to speak at all let alone sing. I don't want my relationship with San or Thorn being strained because you're a . Understand? I don't care how ing mad you are, you don't say that to someone like Thorn. I will beat the ever loving out of you if you don't fix this , got it? You think you feel like ? Think about how Thorn feels. The guy who had just confessed to her called her a . She must feel like the most worthless person ever! In fact I know her well enough to know that that is exactly what she's thinking, even if she doesn't show it! And then you had the nerve to in the same breath talk about the guy that she actually does like? Some ing friend you are," Angie took a breath and turned her back on him. When she reached the door she turned back again. "Fix. This. Soon."

With that she left and went out into the living room. When she got there she saw that San was curled into the corner of the couch and she took the opportunity to curl up against his side, forcing him to cuddle with her. She'd gone from one hundred to zero just as quickly as she had gotten there. It almost unnerved San but at least she was back to being cute so he figured maybe keeping quiet and cuddling with her would keep her happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well Thankfully this didn't go too far off of what I thought this chapter would do... I hadn't intended for Giriboy to confess but yeah... As Always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!