Dinner Affair

Smoke and Mirrors

Dinner was an affair. Everything was definitely awkward and Thorn couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong for the most part. Her and Si Young had come back from the store to find Angie and the boys playing some card game that she couldn't quite identify in the living room. Thorn just went into the kitchen and began to gather everything she needed to cook.

"Anything I can help you with?" Si Young asked as he set down the bags that he had insisted on carrying.

"If you helped it wouldn't really be me paying you back for lunch, now would it?" Thorn swiftly sent him a shooing motion with her hands. "Go sit down and let me know if you want anything."

Si Young raised his hands in surrender and made his way to the living room where the others were.

"Don't feel bad Si Young-ssi. Thorn just doesn't like anyone in her kitchen while she cooks. She's being nice to you, she's hit me with a spatula until I left one time. I had bruises for a week," Angie giggled.

"Yah! That's because you ate every veggie as I cut it! If I hadn't hit you we wouldn't have been able to have anything for dinner!" Thorn raised her knife to point it at her friend accusingly.

"You kicked us out too, Noona!" Sungwoon whined from his seat across from Angie.

"Ne. You guys were useless," Thorn deadpanned.

"Hul! That's mean Noona! We were just trying to help," Thorn only quirked an eyebrow at the boy.

"Ne but you were still useless," Thorn grinned when Si Young laughed. She really did love his laugh! And his smile. And his voice. She just really liked him in general. Not only was he everything she'd ever hoped he would be but he was also everything she had ever hoped for in a man. Thorn had to admit it, she was smitten and there was no turning back at this point.

"Earth to Thorn Noona," Thorn hadn't even realized that she was spacing out until Junhyuk was waving his hand in her face.

"Mwoh?" Thorn shook her head and looked at Junhyuk wide eyed. She was kind of embarrassed that she had been caught spacing out.

"Gwenchana? You had a weird look on your face," Junhyuk looked genuinely concerned but Thorn could hear Angie giggling in the living room. She had caught the way Thorn was looking at Si Young and knew that look well.

"It's nothing. I was just wondering what in the world Angie and San did after they went to her room last night," Thorn was going to go on the offensive before Angie could say something that would further embarrass her in front of Si Young.

"We just cuddled and slept," San didn't even look phased and it almost bugged Thorn. Judging by the pink on Angie's cheeks that's only part of the truth. She made a mental note to ask Angie about details when everyone left. "Honestly, I'm more curious about why both Sungwoon and Junhyuk were in your room."

Thorn reflexively face palmed. She had really hoped that no one had noticed that. Honestly, even she was unsure why the two boys had been there when she woke up. She remembered pulling out blankets and pillows for all of them to sleep in the living room and generally she couldn't even sleep with someone next to her.

"Well, Noona asked me to cuddle with her and that pabo invited himself to cuddle too," Junhyuk answered matter of factly looking towards Si Young, who was sending him a fierce glare. A smirk crossed Junhyuk's face before Thorn rolled her eyes.

"And that's a big ffat lie. I wasn't that drunk and I NEVER ask for cuddles to sleep. I can barely even deal with someone sleeping in the sme room let alone the same bed. I bet you two wandered in after you finished off that last bottle of soju," Thorn finished and saw the triumphant smile that Si Young sent Junhyuk who was giving her a pout.

"Ne but you didn't kick us out Noona. You must have liked the cuddles," Thorn again rolled her eyes and shook her head turning to start cooking on the stove.

"Dangsin-eun modeun pabo ya," Thorn tuned out the rest of their conversation and focused on cooking. She wanted this to be the best meal she had ever cooked so she could impress Si Young. After what felt like no time though, the food was almost done and she felt a hand on her lower back.

"Is there somewhere I can smoke? Those guys are driving me crazy," Si Young gave her the most exasperated look.

"Ne. Give me like two seconds to get the food off the stove and I'll join you," Thorn gave him a small smile and he cocked his head to the side.

"You don't have to. I know smoking usually bothers people," Thorn giggled and shook her head.

"I'm about to die for one myself. I haven't had one since this morning. I honestly forgot you smoked, that's why I didn't earlier," Si Young and Thorn started to laugh as she put the food into serving dishes, completely unaware of the glare that Junhyuk was giving them. Thorn went to the table in their dining room nook and looked over to Angie giving her the international handsign for 'I'm going to smoke.' Angie nodded and Thorn grabbed Si Young's hand leading him to the balcony. Once the door was shut and they both lit their cigarettes, Thorn turned to him. "So, how are they driving you crazy when I've failed to do that all day?" 

Si young sat down on the bench and leaned his elbows on his knewws. Thorn leaned her elbows on the railing facing him. When he looked up and saw how she was standing he reached out and tugged her to him, making her sit in his lap.

"Didn't we just talk about how my world would be pretty dark if something happened to you?" Thorn felt a blush spread on her cheeks as she nodded. Si Young smiled and rested his head on her shoulder, wrapping his arm tightly around her waist. "Those two little ers kept talking about cuddling with you and I can't listen to it anymore. Plus that Junhyung or whatever his name is, is actling like he's got some kind of claim on you. I figured you would have said something by now if he was your boyfriend or if you were spoken for at all."

Si Young smirked and nuzzled into Thorn's neck a bit more.

"Aniyo. I haven't had a boyfriend for a year or two now. I don't know why he's acting like that honestly. Usually he's really nice. I don't get it," Si Young laughed and Thorn gave him an odd look.

"You have no idea how you affect people do you?" Thorn tilted her head at him and Si Young sighed. "Le's put it this way. It usually takes a while for me to warm up to people. I am admittedly an extroverted introvert if that makes any sense. I don't really like people in general but in less than twelve hours you have made me want to be around you all the time. I mean while he irritates the out of me, I get it. I guess he's probably irritated at me thinking I'm stealing you away. I won't steal you, not unless you want me to. Then it's not stealing though."

"You use those words but I don't thinnk they mean what you think they mean," Thorn put out the cigarette in her hand and stood up, heading back inside.

"I don't think you know how much you've made us want you," Si Young mumbled as he stubbed out his own cigarette and headed back inside for dinner.

Dinner passed with a bunch of awkwardness. Si Young and Junhyuk seemed to be consistently having a staring contest across the table and didn't say too much. San and Angie kept sending each other looks over the food and every time they locked eyes, both would blush and look away. Sungwoon, Timoteo, and Hojeong were all caught up in their own conversation. Thorn was pretty sure she had heard something about geese. yeah those boys were weird. KidMon kept beating on everything with his chopsticks while he was chewing. All in all it was... something and a weird something at that.

When the food was finally gone, HotShot said their goodbyes, apparently their manager was not happy that they had disappeared for more than a day with no notice. Si Young said goodbye nothtat long after, giving Thorn a long tight hug before telling her to let her know what she hears from Starship. Finally it was just Angie and Thorn left in the apartment.

"Let's go get an ice cream from the corner store," Angie's eyes sparkled at Thorn and they swiftly walked down to the street. "Okay. Spill it."

Angie chewed on her bottom lip for a moment. She knew exactly what Thorn was talking about.

"He kissed me or I kissed him. I'm not sure who initiated it but we kissed. It... It was amazing. After he was going to go sleep in the living room but I stopped him. Of course instead of just saying 'stay and cuddle' I said 'sleep with me' but in translation it turned to practically ' me'. Uggghhh. He looked at me like I was crazy but he said 'I really like you. I don't want to rush this. I want you to remember our first time.' Embarrassment is the most sobering thing in the world, did you know that? Well i tried to fix what I said and didn't so he thought I didn't like him the same way, so I tried to fix it again and failed. I had to speak my horrible spanish to get him to understand I was looking for cuddles. It was horrible," Thorn chuckled and tried her best to hold back from full blown laughter but failed after a few seconds. Angie sighed and covered her face with her hands.

"Don't worry, Ange. He likes you. Like, likes you likes you. I have video evidence," Thorn wrapped her arm around her short friend and walked into the store buying both their favorite ice creams and heading back to the apartment for some much needed rest. The girls stayed up to catch up on the shows they had missed while the boys had been there and just enjoyed each other's company. It was late by the time the two decided to get some sleep. When Thorn went into her room after bidding Angie Good Night adn getting a quick shower, she saw a note placed on her pillow. It was folded neatly and had some ridiculously bad scrawled handwriting but it was legible.

Noona,

If we scared you this morning, mianhe. I just didn't want to be so far away from you and Sungwoon's just Sungwoon. i know it's probably weird to have this said in a note but I couldn't figure out when or how to tell you. I wanted to let you know how I feel. Johaeyo. Jinja. I've liked you since you first sat next to me on that plane. Not only are you physically gorgeous but your brain is breath-taking. You're so smart and funny and that barely holds a candle to how amazing your sense of sarcasm is. I know we haven't known each other for very long but I want you to be mine. To be able to hold you like I did last night. To be able to say I'm yours. I want you to know that I care about you so much. I don't mean to burden you but I had to tell you.

Your's Always and Completely,

Junhyuk

Thorn's heart dropped. Sure she cared about Junhyuk but she definitely didn't feel that way about him. Thorn laid in her bed for hours, just staring at the ceiling after that. Finally falling into a dreamless sleep.

How was she going to turn him down?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I know.... This made me almost tear up writing it... I am a horrible person.... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!