Awkward

Smoke and Mirrors

"Hyung! Don't make her uncomfortable!" Si Young was by far one of the cutest people in the world to Thorn but she really hadn't expected him to be this adorable. It was making her cheeks flame up so badly that she just wanted to hide.

"I'm pretty sure she's not blushing because of me," Thorn reflexively facepalmed. When her hand hit her forehead with a loud smack both of the guys turned to look at her, making her pull her hand back and hit her forehead again. She really needed to learn to control that. "Gwenchana?"

"I.. uh... I think... I think I'm going to go.... Um... Nice meeting you," Mad Clown tried to stop his laughing as Thorn bowed and turned to leave. She was almost to the door when suddenly she felt her arm being grabbed. She lost her balance though and toppled onto Si Young who had been trying to keep her from leaving. "Omo! Jeosonghaeyo! Gwenchana?"

"Ne, mian. I didn't mean to make you fall again," Mad Clown was dying from laughter in his chair at the sight. When they fell Thorn had landed in a perfect drama position making it look like they had planned this whole thing. It was absolutely hilarious. "You're a lot lighter than you look. Jamkkanman! I didn't mean it like that! You already look light but you're even lighter... I just... Mian..."

Thorn blushed even more if that was possible at this point and struggled to get up. Unfortunately her button up flannel had gotten caught in Si Young's belt buckle and she was immediately pulled back down with a yelp.

"Mianhe Si Young-ah. I think my shirt is caught. Mianhe, mianhe," Thorn couldn't look at him and though she now needed help to be freed there was no way of getting Mad Clown to be any use, he was still laughing way too hard.

"Don't worry, gwenchana. Where's it caught?" Thorn covered her face with her hand now beyond embarrassed. She was the only person she knew that this could have happened to. 

"Uhhh... You're... Um... You're belt buckle I think..." Thorn mumbled out and Si Young didn't manage to catch what she had actually said due to Mad Clown's raucous laughter so he grabbed her hand that was covering her face and pulled it away to see her beet red face scrunched and eyes clenched closed.

"Mwoh? I didn't hear you," Thorn cracked an eye open at him and cringed even deeper.

"You're belt buckle I think..." She was done. She was so done with today. This could not possibly get more awkward and she knew it.

"If you wanted me to take off my clothes all you had to do was ask. I would have gotten rid of Mad Clown Hyung first though," Si Young laughed and Thorn groaned hitting her face into the closest surface to her. Unfortunately that surface happened to be Si Young's chest.  He simply wrapped his arms around her and noticed how she brought both her hands to her face, fully placing her weight on him. She seriously was light and she was a perfect fit to his arms. He leaned his head back to look at his hyung and hide the pink on his cheeks. "Hyung I think we're gonna need a minute here. Apparently she just can't resist me."

"I expect you to be back here by seven o'clock tonight! We need to actually do some work," Mad Clown was still laughing as he got up and left. "Nice meeting you Thorn-ah. Don't wear him out too much."

Thorn simply groaned at his statement as she heard the door close. She was about to cry she was so embarrassed, she couldn't stand it. How? How in the world had she gotten herself into this mess exactly? Why did she even come to this stupid studio?

"I could lay here all day with you, jinja, but I think you'd probably like to be untangled right? Let's try to stand up and I'll take off my belt," The only response he received was a sniffle and that scared him. "Gwenchana?"

Thorn simply shook her head tears were forming against her will and she didn't trust her voice. She didn't want to embarrass herself any further.

"Are you hurt?" Si Young was starting to looke her over again, gently rubbing his hands on her back. Thorn shook her head again.

"Mianhe. I didn't mean to make you cry. Jinja mianhe! It was really just a joke. Mad Clown was laughing at me not you I promise!" Si Young squeezed Thorn gently and heard another sniffle.

"Mian, I'm just embarrassed," Without Mad Clown laughing in the room Si Young understood what she was saying through her hands. He felt horrible now. He hadn't meant to make her feel like this.

"Aniyo. Jinja mianhe. It's my fault I shouldn't have made those jokes. I was just nervous. I don't often have yeppun yeoja falling for me," Si Young felt Thorn giggle more than he heard it and if he hadn't seen her change the positioning of her hands he might have thought it was a sob. 

"Why do you keep saying I'm pretty?" Thorn had said this out loud without thinking about it and Si Young might not really know english but he knew pretty and why.

"Yeppeoyo ttaemune," Thorn's head snapped up to look at Si Young and her eyes were wide in shock. She hadn't meant to say that. "Jinja yepeoyo."

"Aniyo. I'm not that pretty," Thorn lowered her gaze but Si Young grabbed her chin and made her look at him.

"Jinja. Yepeoyo," Thorn blushed and couldn't help but look in his eyes, they were so deep and beautiful behind his glasses. He cleared his throat and looked away first and Thorn was brought back to her senses. What the hell was with her today? "Do you think you can try to stand up with me?"

Thorn nodded and they both stood at the same time. Luckily this happened without incident and Thorn was now able to get some much needed distance between them, even if it was only about six inches.

"I'm going to take off my belt now," Si Young's face was pink as he swiftly removed his belt and backed up a bit more from her. Thorn finally felt like she could breathe properly. She quickly disentangled her shirt and handed back his belt. "Komawoyo."

"Mianhe. I didn't mean for this to happen. Jinja," Thorn bowed a few times only to be stopped by Si Young's hands on her shoulders.

"Aniyo. Mianhe. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," Si Young gave her a sad smile. Thorn thought she was going to die. He was just too precious.

"It was my fault for being so uncoordinated," Si Young huffed and dropped his head before lifting it slightly to look at her face.

"Agree to disagree?" Thorn nodded and he smiled fully. "Let me buy you lunch. I'll feel better if I do that. And if it'd make you feel better you can give me your number and we'll call it even."

"Call," Thorn held out her hand and Si Young reached up to shake it only to have her quickly hold out her hand again above his. "Handphone."

"Ah," Si Young dug around in his pocket and pulled out his phone unlocking it and going to the add new contacts screen before handing it over.  Thorn typed in her information and even but a purple heart emoji next to her name. The rapper couldn't keep the gummy smile from stretching across his face when he looked back up at her after sending her a message to let him know his number. "I'm the luckiest man on the planet right now."

Thorn laughed and he simply grabbed her hand and gently tugged her towards the door of the studio, not wanting a repeat of the earlier incident. It didn't take long for them to fall into what was now a companionable silence while exchanging shy smiles here and there on their way down to the lobby. Thorn didn't fail to notice how he never did let go of her hand but she was definitely not going to complain. She may only ever have this one chance to do something like this.

"What do you want to eat?" As he asked, Si Young stretched out his fingers and Thorn made to pull her hand away only to have him quickly interlace their fingers. 

"Uh... I don't know. I'm really indecisive," Thorn began to study her shoes as Si Young chuckled at her actions. She was just too adorable. He was pretty sure she was even more adorable than Suzy.

"Arrasseo. Want to grab sushi then?" She looked up at him wide eyed with a big smile on her face.

"Jinja!? Sushi, Saranghayeo!" Si Young laughed as she lifted her arm in half a heart as she childishly yelled her excitement.

"Arra. Let's go. There's a nice place just down the street," They walked again in mostly silence but filling in some basic information about themselves on the way there. Si Young told her about somethings that inspired his music as she had a pretty basic knowledge of him and Thorn told him about her family, how she had a brother who was married with kids and her mom and dad. She told him about all the rejection she had faced with her comedy and how she was about to give up when Kaylee told her to just move to Korea and about Angie who had happily joined her and found a job within a week. She even told him about meeting HotShot, though he was visibly upset when she told him about Junhyuk. They were on the verge of really getting to know each other and Thorn was surprised at herself. She had always been friendly and a fairly open person, being a comedian and all, but she hadn't been able to feel this close to someone so quickly. Si Young just made her feel like she could tell him anything and he wouldn't judge her for it. She probably could have even said she killed a man with her bare hands and he wouldn't even bat an eye, make a joke about how he probably deserved it but not bat an eye. She was thriving on this connection and he seemed to be doing the same.

Maybe moving to Korea really had been what she needed. Maybe it was fate that she had been turned down so many times. At this point only time would tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N A little bit shorter than the others but I didn't want to try to drag this out any more than this, it just didn't feel right. How cringe worthy was that though? I'm so proud of myself for managing to write it lol! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!