The Audition

Smoke and Mirrors

When she woke up to her alarm, Hawthorne noticed that not only was she not alone in her bed but that Sungwoon and Junhyuk had both stripped down to just their boxers before they had invaded. Thorn was not quite sure what to think about it if she was honest and all she wanted to do was escape the death grip that Junhyuk had on her waist. She needed to get ready for her audition. Slowly she wiggled herself towards the foot of her bed, trying her best to not wake up either of the sleeping boys. Her quest proved to be useless though because as soon as her face was level with Junhyuk's chest he woke up and looked down at her rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Good morning. What are you doing awake?" Junhyuk's voice was thick with sleep and Hawthorne had to admit he looked absolutely adorable with his face slightly puffy and eyes only half open.

"I have my audition today. I was trying to not wake you up," Thorn quickly made her way out of the bed now that she had the opening and ran over to her closet. Running into the closet and closing the door she picked out her most comfortable and slightly casual outfit for the day and changed quickly. When she walked out she found that Junhyuk had located his pants but not his shirt and was looking around the room as he stretched his arms above his head.

"Do you need any asprin? I know I do, my head is killing me," Junhyuk brought his arms down and rubbed slow circles into his temples. Thorn blushed and shook her head quickly grabbing her bag by the door and almost running outside. She needed to hurry or she was going to stare at him for way too long.

Thorn made her way through the living room, careful to not step on or wake the other boys though Yoonsan was suspiciously absent. Before she could make it all the way to the front door and put on her shoes though Junyuk grabbed her arm and spun her around.

"You forgot your phone. Be careful on your way there and good luck," Junhyuk then pulled her into a hug that had her face pressed into his bare shoulder and placed a quick kiss into the top of her head. "Thorn noona hwaiting!"

Thorn nodded back and quickly disentangled herself from the shirtless boy to try and turn to the door and put on her shoes. She needed to hurry or she was going to be late and that didn't seem like a good way to leave a first impression. She ran out of the door and quickly pushed away thoughts of what had just transpired between Junhyuk and herself. She needed to focus on her audition, not what the hell he meant by kissing her.

 

After a long and arduous trip on the public transportation system and getting lost a couple times, Thorn finally came to her destination. Luckily she had made it with time to spare because though this was not one of the biggest companies in Korea you wouldn't have been able to tell that from the size of the building. Starship was huge and there didn't appear to be all that many security guards walking around either so Thorn was going to have one hell of a time trying to find the audition room. She began her trek around the halls trying to find an information desk or someone who could possibly point her in the right direction but when she turned the corner into the main hall she ran face first into someone's shoulder and was knocked to the ground.

"Ah Jeosongnida. I didn't see you there," Thorn looked up and her jaw dropped. No way. She had just run into Giriboy. THE Giriboy. She watched as his face went slack too before a worried expression came across it. "Sorry. Sorry."

"It's okay, I wasn't looking where I was going. Jeosonghayeo," Giriboy extended his hand to help Thorn off the ground and she happily accepted it. She was still in shock. What were the odds of her running into one of her favorite artists ever? 

"You speak Korean?" Giriboy's eyes went wide in shock and Thorn had to force herself not to roll her eyes. Yeah she was getting this reaction way too much recently and it was beginning to annoy her.

"Ne, I studied Korean in University," Thorn sent him a tight smile.

"Ah! That's cool! Well gwenchana? You're not hurt right?" Giriboy looked her over probably a few more times than was actually necessary and Thorn blushed under his gaze.

"Ne, but I'm scared I'm going to be late. Do you happen to know where the audition is being held today?" Giriboy suddenly looked perplexed.

"I didn't know that they were having trainee auditions today. Did you get a special audition?" Thorn laughed and laughed hard. He thought she was trying to be an idol? Ha! No way. She didn't have the talent or looks for that. Not that she didn't feel comfortable in her own body or anything but idols were just flawless.

"Aniyo, I'm auditioning to be a comedian. I couldn't be an idol," Thorn laughed and Giriboy just kind of pouted at her.

"I think the comedian auditions are on the fourth floor. I'm heading that way anyway if you want to join me. I don't get it though, you're definitely pretty enough to be an idol," Thorn blushed and nodded at him and started following him down the hall.

"Kamsamnida I was afraid I was going to be late because I got lost," Thorn had decided to ignore the last bit. Was he trying to flirt with her? No way surely he was just being polite, right?

"No problem. Why do you want to be a comedian? You really should at least be trying to be a model," Thorn laughed again.

"I've always had a passion for making people laugh. The world would be pretty dark if there wasn't comedy," Thorn blushed this time. She couldn't take much more of him saying that she was pretty. Giriboy led them into the elevator that they had come to. When did they get here? Thorn was definitely going to get lost on her way out.

"Ah that's cool. Oh yeah, Hong Si Young ibnida by the way," Giriboy stretched his arm out to shake her hand and she grasped it firmly.

"Oh I know who you are. Evans Hawethorne ibnida but you can just call me Thorn, it's a little bit easier," Thorn sent him an eye smile and didn't see him turn pink. She was really cute when she smiled like that.

"You know who I am? You listen to my music? Well you can call me Oppa then," Thorn laughed as Giriboy turned his head the crimson running up his neck obvious even to Thorn who was normally oblivious to things like this.

"Ne, I listen to your music but ani I can't call you Oppa," Thorn's laughter intensified when Giriboy turned back to look at her. He looked almost offended behind his confusion and she felt kind of bad but it was just so damn funny. She was going to have to work this into her act.

"Wae an?" Thorn reeled her laughter back to giggles so that she could form understandable words.

"I'm older than you that's why," Thorn giggled again as realization crossed over his face.

"Ah then I guess I'll just call you Noona. You can call me Si Young," The blush on Thorn's face had to be just as brilliant as the one on Si Young's and she contemplated how this elevator ride could possibly last so long. She looked over at the button panel and noticed that he hadn't even pressed the button for the fourth floor. That's why it was taking so long. She gently removed her hand from his and leaned over to press the button and finally the elevator started moving.

"Arrasseo Si Young-ah," Thorn was really upset at the fact that her voice came out shaky. She was normally the most confident of her friends around men and Si Young had her practically melting into goo. A couple seconds later the elevator doors opened and they stepped out. Thorn saw the group of people to her left and assumed they must be there for the audition. At least it was close by.

"Well I'll be in the studio at the end of this hall if you want to come by after your audition, Noona. Hwaiting!" Si Young raised his fist up and eye smiled at her. Thorn responded with a similar gesture and nod feeling the eyes of the other auditioners on her. 

Thorn turned and walked down the hall to where the company had a table set up as a make shift check in. She gave her name to the lady behind a stack of paperwork that Thorn assumed was the resume's from the participants and was given a nametag with a number on it indicating when she would be auditioning. The universe must have been against her though as she was going to be first up. The lady told her that the auditions would begin in ten minutes and that she should take this time to warm up. Thorn swiftly retreated and began to do as she was told. Hopefully this would work out.

 

The audition had run much smoother than she thought it would have. Thorn had managed to make all of the judges laugh and made some of them laugh so hard that they had to wipe their eyes from where they were tearing up. She was told that she would hear back from them in a couple days. Thorn thought over her audition hoping that it was good enough while mindlessly walking down the hall. When she looked up she noticed that she was in front of the studio that Si Young had said he was going to be in. Taking a deep breath she raised her hand to knock, seeing as she was already there she should take this opportunity while it was open.

"Ol!" She heard Si Young call and she took a moment to compose her features, still unsure of why she had decided this was a good idea. When she finally entered she noticed that Si Young was facing his computer talking animatedly with the man sitting beside him.

"Annyeong Si Young-ah," Hearing her voice Si Young turned to face her along with the other man. Yep. The Universe was trying to kill her. Mad Clown was looking at her. THE Mad Clown. Another of her favorite artists. What the hell was going on today?

"Ah, Noona! This is Mad Clown. Mad Clown this is Thorn Noona. How did your audition go?" Si Young was smiling like a kid on Christmas morning and Thorn couldn't help but think it was the cutest thing she had ever seen.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Evans Hawthorne ibnida," She introduced herself and bowed a full ninety degrees at Mad Clown, who nodded back at her, before turning to look at Si Young and grin. "I think it went well. I made a couple of the judges laugh so hard they cried. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing."

"You auditioned to be a comedian right? Si Young hasn't shut up about you since he finally showed up. Thirty minutes late I might add," Mad Clown gave Si Young a stern look before finally chuckling at the look Si Young gave him.

"Ah I think that might be because of me a little bit. I bumped into him and I was lost so he offered to help me. Jeosongnida," Thorn bowed again and Mad Clown burst with laughter. She was way too sincere for the joke he was trying to make out of Si Young.

"You two really are just alike. How is that even possible? Didn't you two just meet?" Mad Clown aimed his question towards Si Young who nodded at him with a huge goofy smile on his face.

Thorn blushed. What in the hell was all this supposed to mean anyways?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay!!!! Giriboy!!!! All the awkward flirting! I'm trying to update more but I had to rewrite this entire chapter it was absolutely ridiculous.... Anyways.... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!