Let The Games Begin!

Smoke and Mirrors

A/N So now we will be mostly in Korea so English will be written like this and everything else is Korean... Okay? Got it? Good ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month is what it took for Angie and Hawthorne to be fully prepared to leave for Korea. They still had a lot to do once they got there but luckily it was going to be some fairly simple things. Outside of finding a place to stay and basic necessities for said place they were all ready. They had packed about four amazingly large suitcases full with everything they owned and didn't need to sell or have Cate and Kaylee look after, they had their passports and visas, and they had settled up with their landlord to get Kaylee and Cate to move into one of the apartments by together and lease out the other one. It was now time to head to the airport and endure the ungodly long flight to Korea. 19 hours they would be on a plane. Luckily after everything they sold they didn't feel bad getting first class tickets so that they could have one of those weird little pods to themselves and relax better. They were excited to say the least but also beginning to feel that inevitable anxiety creep in. What would happen when they got there? It was a whole bunch of unforseeables at that point and it really did kind of irk Hawthorne to no end. She may be laid back and very strange but she was a very planned kind of person and not being able to know what was going to happen was killing her inside slowly.

Kaylee and Cate had dropped them off at the airport in the next largest city over an hour and a half away, giving them tear filled hugs and ordering them to skype every week at least once and that they were to still eat right because god only knows how easy it would be for the pair of girls leaving to eat so much that they'd have to roll around the streets of Seoul like medicine balls. Yeah Cate has a very vivid imagination. After one last group hug the two girls made their way over to security, going through the most irritating process that man had ever created and finally out towards the terminals. There was nothing that either girl wanted more than a strong drink, and they didn't mean coffee. Why were airports always so unnecessarily loud? Even though Hawthorne was 15% deaf in each ear it was too much for her. She was already craving the pod with sound proofed walls and no one screaming across terminals to get something or go somewhere. She rubbed her temples wishing the noise away so she wouldn't get a headache.

"Come on Thorn it's not gonna be too much longer till we're on the plane, let's just get to our terminal," Angie was already giving her the momma bear look. Hawthorne just rolled her eyes a bit in response and pulled her carryon and purse/backpack with her towards the terminal. It always made her laugh that Angie was the momma bear of the group, given Hawthorne was too but not to the extent that Angie was, Angie was two years younger and about 8 inches shorter than Hawthorne which meant to an outsider this had to be the funniest looking relationship in the world. Hawthorne looked down to the shorter, younger girl and smirked.

"You know with your black hair and brown eyes and skin tone you're going to almost fit in perfectly in Korea... How am I ever going to keep track of you in the streets?" Hawthorne laughed as Angie swatted her arm.

"Are you kidding? I'm just going to always keep an eye out for your freakishly tall self. You don't need to keep an eye on my I'll watch over you!" Hawthorne laughed even harder as the smaller girl straightened more and puffed out her chest in pride.

"I bow to your greatness, oh Short One! You are too much for my giantess brain to comprehend!" Both of the girls laughed at that and continued in a similar manner until they were boarding their flight.

While they were boarding they noticed the first strange thing. Their seats that were supposed to be next to each other were across the aisle from each other instead and there were already people in the window seats. Before Hawthorne could even ask what Angie wanted to do though the girl was sitting in her seat and entirely enraptured. Hawthorne looked at her aisle partner and immediately rolled her eyes when she realized why. The guy in the window seat was hot. Like really hot admittedly. Hawthorne just let out a defeated sigh and sat down in her seat dropping her head to her knees in defeat before she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up to see that the guy next to her was looking at her with concerned eyes.

"Gwenchana? You Okay? Sick? How do I say it in English?" Watching him slowly dissolve into almost panic almost made Hawthorne laugh. She wasn't shy by any means, she was a comedian after all, but she did have a bit of social anxiety especially when confined to a small space with someone she didn't know for a long period of time.

"Nan gwenchanha. Jesonghamnida," Hawthorne saw his eyes widen substantially and gave him a small smile in apology.

"Ah you speak Korean? Thank god... Are you sure you're okay? You don't feel sick?" His concern was actually really comforting.

"Ne... I'm fine... Just a bit of social anxiety honestly. I was supposed to be sitting next to my friend but she's right there and apparently she's already pretty... um.... settled," Hawthorne motioned to across the aisle and the guy just kind of chuckled.

"Yeah that happens a lot. Usually our managers make sure all our seats are together but I don't know why they split us up this time but that's not a strange reaction there. I don't know what it is about him but girls always love San," He chuckled and leaned back in his chair. "Are you feeling a little less nervous? I'm pretty sure I can get San to switch places with you if you would be more comfortable."

"Oh, aniyo. I'm fine... I think I can live through this much. Besides with that look on her face Angie might kill me if I tried that. I'm Hawthorne by the way," She reached out her hand which he quickly took and kissed the back of. What the hell? Who even does that anymore?

"I'm Junhyuk. Nice to meet you," He smiled brilliantly at her and for the first time Hawthorne actually took in his appearance. He was extremely attractive and he had a very calming deep voice. Hawthorne was sure that if Angie could tear her attention away from her aisle partner for two seconds to look at her that she would see the same enraptured look that she had had when she took her seat.

"Nice to meet you too. What were you doing all the way out here in the middle of nowhere anyways? Not a whole lot of people from Korea visit us," Hawthorne laughed and Junhyuk just kind of looked at her a little strangely.

"So you speak Korean but don't keep up with Korean trends huh?" He chuckled at Hawthorne's dumbfounded look.

"Well I keep up with the comedy side.... I just never really got into anything that was fashionable and that even goes for fashionable things here in the states. I just like to relax and let things come to me I guess," Junhyuk chuckled again and leaned a little closer to her whispering in her ear.

"Well we're actually idols. We're called HotShot and we were here for Kcon."

"What?!" Hawthorne knew her eyes were huge but she was glad that she had whisper-yelled instead of actually yelling. She knew of HotShot. She had never seen any of their pictures or music videos but Angie made her listen to it all the time! No wonder Angie looked so captivated by the guy sitting next to her. Didn't Junhyuk say his name was San earlier? Wasn't Yoonsan Angie's bias? Hawthorne turned her head so quickly it cricked her neck and saw Angie in an animated conversation with San. How the hell was she so calm? Did she not realize who she was talking to? No Angie was a die hard fangirl she had to know!

"Yeah? I know we might not look like it bare faced but we really are idols!" Junhyuk looked a bit offended at her for what he thought was disbelief.

"No I know that but YOU'RE HotShot? Really? I've been forced into listening to your music more times than I can count! My friend there is obsessed with you guys!" That's when Hawthorne felt the swat to her arm.

"Are you kidding me Thorn!? I was keeping it together so well! Why'd you have to go and say that?!"

"It's not my fault! You should have at least warned me dammit!"

"Mwoh? What are you two saying?" Junhyuk gave Hawthorne a very confused look as Angie slapped a hand across the girl's mouth to answer for her.

"We were talking about how we really need to think of places to stay once we get to Korea! We didn't think this through very well honestly." Hawthorne the palm of Angie's hand making her release her grip.

"Yah! I thought about this trip really hard! I've already got a few places that we're going to check out when we land! Stop making it look like we're incompetent!"

"You girls are funny." San piped up from his spot beside Angie. "Hyung aren't these girls funny?"

"Yeah they are! I think we should keep them around hyung! They'd be nice distractions!" A boy with green hair turned around in his seat to face Hawthorne.

"Yah! If he's older than you I know I am! What makes you think you can talk about us like that you little brat!? We're not toys!" Hawthorne felt her temper slowly rising. This would end up in her stand-up routine whether she liked it or not and she knew it. It always seemed to make people laugh more when she told them about her getting irrationally angry and she was getting there very quickly. The god forsaken plane hadn't even taken off yet and it was like this! What was she going to do for 19 hours worth of this ?

"Oh sorry Noona! We just don't get to talk to people like this very often. Sungwoon didn't mean any harm I'm sure!" Junhyuk gave Sungwoon a slight glare before smiling apologetically at Hawthorne. Her anger dissipated at him calling her Noona. That was weird. Why was it so cute? She'd been called Noona and Unnie a lot before now so why was this any different? 

"Yeah I'm sorry Noona. I didn't mean to make you mad." Sungwoon threw his best attempt at aegyo at Hawthorne simply making her laugh at how bad the attempt was.

"You just sound sleep deprived... I don't think anyone has ever been that bad at aegyo..." Angie laughed loudly at Hawthorne's words knowing that while Hawthorne may think aegyo is by far one of the funniest things that Korea had ever put out that it was not really attractive to the girl.

"Awwww... You hurt Sungwoon's feelings Unnie! It's ok she just doesn't find it attractive! She's weird! She does find it funny though and she thinks funny people are attractive.... Hmmm.... That's a paradox isn't it?" Angie tapped her chin thinking a little too hard on her own statement.

"Yah! What does it matter? If it makes me laugh wasn't that the entire point? I mean if people actually act like that aren't they legitimately childish brats? I don't get how it's so attractive for someone to act so spoiled and juvenile.... I like mature men who understand that it's okay to act like a five year old sometimes...." Angie laughed and so did the rest of the boys sitting around them.

"So pretty much 99% of the Idol population?" Junhyuk chuckled a bit looking towards Hawthorne.

"Yeah what of it? Imma be a famous comedian once I get to Korea so what'd be wrong with me wanting an idol?"

 

Finally the plane took off and the girls joked around with HotShot eventually exchanging emails and promising to keep in touch once they got to Korea. The long flight had helped the girls to make their first friends of this new adventure and make them feel like they were set up for success.

If they could meet and befriend an idol group on the plane ride there how could luck not be on their side?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sooooooooo........ Surprise! There's HotShot for you! Decided to put this in here might make a bit of a love triangle out of it eventually still not entirely sure but one thing I know is that I will end up with some chapters being in Angie's pov just so you're prepared. Why you ask? Because surprises that's why.... lol... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!