four

When Would it Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both of them walked to the bus stop together today. Strangely, she wanted to be with him today. So when Haesoo texted Joohyuk, asking him whether he wanted to go back together; Joohyuk immediately replied, 'YES!'. It was freezing cold, and they had already bought coffee.

"winter night is the best." Joohyuk broke the silence between them. He didn't know what the reason she asked him to accompany her today after school, but for sure he felt happy. Haesoo never make the move first, of course it would be awkward. "that's right, winter night is the best."

He wanted to ask her the reason, but he was afraid. He didn't want to burden her, instead he wanted to make her happy. As much as he was happy with her being his fake girlfriend. The 'fake' was only a meaningless word to him- he treated her like his real girlfriend because he loves her. Joohyuk was sincere with his feeling, but he knew that she had one-sided crush on their senior, Baekhyun. And he really didn't want to make her confused. He just going to let her think that his action were all fake- which was not at all.

And to Haesoo, she knew everything. She knew that that guy had feelings for her- a strong one, that he's being sincere with all his actions, that 'fake girlfriend' was nothing to him. Joohyuk was indeed a kind and nice man, and not suitable for her. He's perfect in every way. It's just her that was flawed. She didn't have the flawless life as him- good family, good look, good grades, good life. He was the prince charming that was close to her yet very far in everything. He's been living well all this while.

"can I ask you something?" Haesoo looked at him. Joohyuk nodded slowly and lifted up his eyebrows, asking what-is-the-question look. She sighed before continued, "how good is your life? I mean, do you live well?" He wasn't expecting that question so he was shocked. Did she live so recklessly that she always wondered how well other people's lives? Did she felt so down with her own life that she always looked up to other's live as if they were living in the palace? "why do you ask that kind of question? Do you hate your life?"

She stopped for a moment. Maybe wondering again what to say, or maybe agreeing silently to what he had said.

"kinda of.. upset with my life..."

He knew this would happen someday. That Haesoo would finally give up holding and staying strong, she would fall. And right now was the moment of her breakdown. Joohyuk could see that her eyes didn't have the spark of enjoying the life anymore. She was a complete distraught. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder, made her startled- but all he wanted to do was to comfort her. "Don't be like that. Don't be upset with your life. Don't be sad over the fate that had been fated for you. There'll be sun for you in some time- because life is not all that gloomy clouds."

"you can say that easily, Joohyuk because it is not you that experienced all terrible things ever happened in my life..."

"It's true that I don't experience what you had experienced. Neither Nari nor Jisoo. But we all understand your position. We all are your friends, and you can lean on us when hard things come into your life. Don't bottle up things alone okay?"

To Haesoo, Joohyuk was the one that could make her feel calm. Everything that he uttered were meaningful to her. That's why she didn't disapprove his help to be his fake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter