It's Complicated

Love At Blossom

Hani POV

The teacher told me to help him decide with the decorations for the school dance coming up soon so I went to the teachers' office to find him.

"So we need balloons, ribbons, glitter, table cloth and?" Mr. Hwang asked. "I think that's all" I confirmed him. "Okay, but what's the glitter for?" He asked again. "To decorate of course! Glitter makes everything better!"

"Okay, here's the money." He handed me some cash from his wallet. "Kamsahammida." I bowed. "While you're here, help me carry these books back to class." He handed me a pile of books. "Ne." I said and left the office.

Wow, these books are sure heavy. Many students are running around the hallway and some are chatting by their lockers.

Suddenly, someone pushed me and cause me to fall on the floor. "Ouch!" Aishh... My ankle hurts. Seriously, do these people have eyes? Now my ankle hurts and all the books are on the floor.

Lee Sungyeol POV

"And then you press X so you can hit him, then Y so you can kick it, then press X, Y and O so you can do a triple punch kick. Got it?" I was talking about this new game that just released with Hoya and the new kid, Sungkyu.

Sungkyu became friends with us real quick cause he heard us talking about this game and he joined in the conversation.

"Wait, isn't it X, Y and square to do a triple pun-" Hoya said until...

"Ouch!" We heard someone yell. I turn my head to see Hani the floor. I quickly ran to her.

"Heeyeon-ah, are you okay?" I saw her hand on her ankle. "Does your ankle hurt?" She nodded painfully. "Come, I'll bring you to the infirmary." I started to help her up.

Suddenly she pointed to the floor. I turn my head to see a pile of books on the floor. "Hoya, Sungkyu, help me bring those books back to class!" I told them and took Hani to the infirmary.

"Mrs. Kang!" I called for the nurse. "Oh dear, what happened?" Mrs. Kang came in worried. "She hurt her ankle." I said as I help Hani to the couch.

"Let me have a look, dear." Mrs. Kang said as she squat down to examinate Hani's ankle. "It's not hurt so bad. I'll bandage it and you can rest until school ends. It'll be better than."

"Ne. Kamsahammida." Hani thanked as I went to get a cup of water for her. "Here." I said as I pass the cup of water to Heeyeon. "Kumawo."

"There you go. It's done. Now go rest on the bed. Sungyeol-ah, help her to the bed." Said Mrs. Kang. "Ne" and I helped Heeyeon to a bed.

If you are wondering why I call her Heeyeon, it's because I knew her since primary school and she didn't have the nickname 'Hani' yet so I call her 'Heeyeon'."

"Does it still hurt?" I asked as I helped her sit on the bed. "It's better now."

Silence...

"You can go back now." She suddenly said. "Yah! Are you kicking me out?" I . "No! That's not what I mean!" She said worriedly. "I'm just kidding." I laughed. She rolled her eyes.

"But noona-" "Yah! Don't call me that!"

Heeyeon is 3 months older than me even though we're the same age. I used to call her 'noona' to , she says it makes her feel old.

"Why are you friends with Seolhyun?" A question I wanted to ask her for a long time. "I feel bad about her."

"What's to feel bad about that kind of person?" I asked curiously. "You don't know about it." She look down on her hands. "She has a reason, Jieun has a reason not to fight back too. It's complicated." She continued.

"Hani-ah, are you okay?" Suddenly a worried voice came into the room. Oh, it's Seolhyun. Wow, this is the first time I'm seeing her worried.

"I'm fine, but how did you know I was here?" Hani replied. "Hoya and that new kid told me." Seolhyun said and turned her head to face me. Finally she notice me. Am I invisible or something?

"And what are you doing here?" Seolhyun asked me but she wasn't all mean and loud which was strange. "I brought her here." I pointed to Hani. "Oh, uh. Thanks for helping her. You can go now." She said and walked pass me and went to Hani.

Wait. Did she just thanked me? Am I hearing wrong? Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me. She said 'thanks' right?

I got up and went to the door. "Be careful Heeyeon!" I said smiling to Hani and went out.

"Are you going to work later?" I was about to close the door when I heard Heeyeon speak. Work? Job? Work?

"Yup. You just rest at home, Jieun will go with me." Seolhyun replied to her. "Jieun? You don't even let her work." Hani replied. "That's true." Seolhyun look down on ger hands.

"If you don't want Jieun to pity you, treat her like a real sister." Hani said while I was looking at them through the small space by the door.

Hani's head suddenly turned to my direction and our eyes met. Oh no! She saw me listening. She's going to kill me.

I thought she was going shout my name, but instead, she gave me a warm smile and nodded her head. She's like trying to tell me something. I know it.

I closed the door fully and leaned against it. What is she trying to tell me? Seolhyun having a job? Treating Jieun like a real sister? Hani wasn't even mad when she knew I heard their conversation. Hani was right, this is very, very complicated. What does this all mean?

"Ring~" Oh, class is going to start. Better get back to class. I completely forgot about their conversation, trying to get it off my head.