Convenient Store

Love At Blossom

Jieun (IU) POV

Where is Seolhyun? It's already 8PM. Her shift is until 6PM. Did something happen to her? I'll go to the coffee shop to check. I grabbed my jacket and went out the door.

The coffee shop is already closed and Seolhyun isn't here. Maybe she went to a convenient store? Maybe I should wait here.

It's been 20 minutes and I've been walking back and forth and back and forth. She's never home this late. I'll try to call her.

I search for her number on my phone and called her. I hope she'll pick up.

I heard some noise coming from inside the coffee shop. I turned around and saw a phone ringing on thwe floor on the coffee shop. It's Seolhyun's phone! It's has the same ringtone.

Why did Seolhyun leave it here? What am I going to do now? Well, maybe she went home already. Maybe I should go home and check.

When I was about to leave, I felt wet drops on my shoulders and more and more drops started to fall from the sky. I look up and guess what? It's raining. No.

How am I suppose to go now? I put my bag above my head to try to prevent the rain from my head, but it obviously didn't help much. Aish... What to do?

Oh? Suddenly, the wet rain stopped. "Jieun?"

I turned around to see who is calling me. "Howon?"

"I'm right, it's you." He said. "What were you doing here?" I asked. How could he suddenly appear. "It's Sungyeol. He was sending Hani home and he wanted me as their third wheel. He just went back home. But why are you here?"

How am I suppose to tell him, I can't tell him I'm finding Seolhyun. "Erm... I... Er"

"Hold this." He handed me the umbrella that covered both of us. He took off his navy blue jacket and put it around my shoulder. "You'll get a cold if you continue to shiver like that." He said. He looked at me weirdly. "Yah stop looking at me like that. Don't misunderstood, I'm doing this because you're a girl."

My eyes widened. No, I was thinking of any weird thoughts. "What? I was not!"

"I'm just kidding." He laughed. He took back the umbrella. "Let's go the that convenient store." He pointed to a convenient store to wait for the rain to stop. "Okay."

"You. Wait here." He sat me down on a chair and table in the convenient store. I nodded.

Aish... My shirt and hair is all wet. If onky convenient stores would sell clothes. It's a good thing Howon's gentleman enough to lend me hia jacket.

"Here!" Howon came back with two cups of ramen in his hand. He bought ramen? "Why did you-" He walked away before I could finish.

He came back with another cup of food, instant Ddoukbokki and a plate of Mandu (dumplings). Then he went away again and came back with two bottles of Soda.

Okay, did a convenient store just turned into a restaurant. There's so much food on the table that I swear that could only finish if there were 3 of me.

"Why did you buy so much? How am I gonna pay?" I honestly never had so much food for a meal in my life even if it's just 'un-healthy food' or actual food.

"Aren't you rich?" He said. Rich? Oh yeah. "Rich".

"It's okay. I'll pay. Now eat up or it will be a waste of food and my money." He said and starting eating he starved for days. Emr... Thank you." I lowered my head and starting eating.

"Oh yeah, what were you doing there standing in the rain just now." He suddenly asked. "I was looking for Seol-" I stopped when I realised what I just said.

"You were looking for Seolhyun?" He asked. How am I going to explain to him?

I nodded.

"You know, there's something I always wanted to ask you." He said. "What is it?"

"Why is Seolhyun so mean? Why do you even obey her?" He asked

I know he would ask.

That's what everyone asks.

Of course, I'm grateful that they are worried but they just don't know the reason.

They don't know who the real Seolhyun is.

"I don't know." I lied. "Aren't you annoyed?" He asked again. I shook my head. "I'm used to it." I said and he nodded.

We finally ate finish and I feel so full. This is the first time I have eaten this much even though it's only instant food.

"Let's go. I'll take you home." He said. Take me home? No, I can't let him see my house.

"No, it's okay. My house is far from here. I'll just grab a taxi." I lied. It's only two blocks away.

"It's dangerous, what if the taxi driver you?" He said. "You watch too much drama." I joked.

"Alright, but you have to let me stay with you until you get a cab. You can't say no." He said. "Fine."

"Again, don't misunderstood. I'm doing this because you're a girl." He said. I glared at him. "Did I say anything?"

"No you didn't but I know what your mind is thinking." He said with confidence. "Aish so full of yourself." I mumbled.

We waited outside the convenient store and the rain has stopped. To be honest I could have just walked home, but I didn't know the rain already stopped and I told Howon that my house is far from here. Now I have to waste 10 dollars because of one lie.

Well, maybe not just one.

"Where do you live exactly?" He suddenly asked. Before I could answer, a taxi was coming our way and I put my hand up to call the taxi.

Thank god the taxi came just on time.

"Thank you for accompanying me." I said to Howon. "See you next week." I waved goodbye to him and quickly hopped in the taxi.

"Where do you wanna go miss?" The driver asked. "Street 756 please." I said politely.

"Street 756? Isn't that just down there?" He said. Of course, he's a taxi driver, he's suppose to know.

"Oh really, I didn't know. Erm... I'll get off then. I'm sorry." I said and looked out the window to see if Howon was there.

He already left.

I quickly got off the taxi and walked home. Let's hope it won't rain again.

Is Seolhyun home yet? She must be worried.

When I finally reached home, Seolhyun was still not home.

Oh dear lord, where in the world is she?

Did she go visit dad?

No, she hates dad.

God please, let her be safe.