Chapter 8 Part 1 Valentine Mystery

I Trusted You But You Lied ~Completed~

*YeonHee’s POV*

2 months passed. Our project passed and I knew JaeJoong a little more. Since SeulGi and YunHo aren’t in my cooking class, JaeJoong walks me there. Well, we’re in the same too anyway. Today is Valentine’s Day and I have no Valentine. D=

“No Valentine?” SeulGi asked as we walked to the school.

“No. I know you and YunHo~oppa are,” I said.

“Of course. Oh, I know. Kim JaeJoong?” she said nudging me on the arm. I just rolled my eyes.

“Shut up.”

“You know that you like him. Ask him.”

“I like him, but I won’t ask him,” I said.

“Ask JaeJoong,” YunHo said, popping out of nowhere. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“What if he doesn’t want to?” I asked when we entered the building.

“Yo, YeonHee!” I turned and saw KiBum, “Will you be my valentine?”

“I’m sorry, but no,” I answered as nice as I could, “Thanks for asking but I heard that HyeBin likes you. Try and ask her.”

“Okay. I’ll give it a shot. Well, see yea!”

“See yea!”

“First guy who asked you,” said SeulGi.

“Yeah, but…I want someone else to be my Valentine,” I said.

“Yeah, you want JaeJoong.”

We walked to our locker. Once I opened it, a piece of paper
fell out. It was a note.

 

‘Will you be my Valentine?’ ♥

-secret admirer

 

Hm…my mysterious valentine.

“What you got there?” SeulGi asked.

“Mysterious Valentine,” I answered.

“Aww!” awed SeulGi.

“YunHo, we’re gonna go. Bye sweetie,” said SeulGi.

“Bye honey,” YunHo said.

“You two are too mushy,” I said.

“Get a man. I mean…get JaeJoong,” she whispered his name.

“No. All I do is talk to him.”

“See…you TALK to him.”

“Just talk,” I argued back.

“Talking about me.” I turned and saw JaeJoong.

“Uh, no. Sorry if I was blocking your way,” I said.

“It’s okay,” he said.

I moved out of the way so he could get through. He looked at me and smiled at me then sat down. I felt myself blush.

“*gasps* You’re blushing,” SeulGi whispered.

“Shut up,” I said as I just smiled and sat down.

…cooking class…

“Okay class,” said Ms. Kwon, our cooking teacher, “Today, you’re baking cookies and give it to them for your valentine!” she cheered so cheerfully.

‘Hm…cookies? Wonder who to give to,’ I thought. “Oh, and whoever finishes, leaves class, now start.”

*JaeJoong’s POV*

Perfect. Now I could bake cookies so I’ll give them to YeonHee. In about 40 minutes I finished. Yes I was the first one, so immediately walked to her locker. I took out a toll and opened her locker. I placed a note and the cookies inside. I hope she’ll accept. So the class ended and I headed to gym and yes YeonHee is in my class too. ^^

“Just have fun and swim,” said Mr. Lee. Everyone cheered except for YeonHee. I wonder why though.
As we all headed to the pool, I turned and saw YeonHee sitting at the edge. It’s weird since she always sits at the edge of the pool when we swim. I decided to walk over to her.

*YeonHee’s POV*

Again with the swimming! I’m just lucky that I don’t fail gym class because I’m petrified with water. I sat in the edge, kicking my feet at the water, causing mini splashes. No way am I jumping in there since the water is ONLY deep. I know how to swim, but I had a bad experience. Suddenly I hear someone coming my way. I looked and it was the one and only JaeJoong.

“You know, you’re gonna fail today if you don’t swim,” JaeJoong said to me.

“No I won’t. I’m sure, besides, if I didn’t swim, Mr. Lee would be yelling at me,” I told him.

“C’mon, swimming is fun.”

“I know, but I’m just…”

“Just what?”

“Afraid,” I confessed.

“How come?” he asked sitting next to me. Wow! Now he’s really nice. He has like different emotions going on.

“Bad experience.”

~FLASHBACK~

I was 9 and I was an awesome swimmer. YunHo and I went to a public swimming for some fun. I was gonna jump down the diving board, but this drunken fat dude pushed me. I started drowning due to he jumped in with me. Luckily, YunHo saved me, but I never swam again.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

“Oh,” said JaeJoong when he jumped in, making a splash. I squealed. “Now don’t tell me you’re afraid of a small splash.”

“No. The water’s cold,” I said kicking some water back. He swam up to me. “Uh, what are you doing?” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me in. “AAH!”

“Hold on.” My eyes were close, and I realized I wasn’t in the water. I opened my eyes and realized I was on his back. “It’s okay. Don’t be scared,” JaeJoong told me. I put my hands on his shoulders as he swam. As he did I kept my eyes close. “YeonHee, can you swim?”

“Yeah, but…I’m afraid to,” I said.

“I’ll teach you. I promise nothing will happen to you, araso?”

“Araso.”

I got off his back, but my arms are around his waist. I’m still scared, eyes closed, arms locked around him.

“It’s okay, just try. I’ll save you in one second.”

“Okay, I’ll race you. Loser gives something to the winner?” I said.

“Deal,” JaeJoong replied. “3, 2, 1…GO!” In like a few seconds, JaeJoong won and I lost. “You’re a good swimmer.”

“Thanks,” I said.

“So, what do I get?”

“Hm…” I swam up to him and gave him a peck on the cheek. “There you go and thanks for taking away my fear.”

“I didn’t, you did, but your welcome.”

-------------

Thursday March 5, 2009 7:17PM