Chapter 7 About My Past

I Trusted You But You Lied ~Completed~

*JaeJoong’s POV* …next day…

So, Ms. Kang was absent, but we still had to work with our project. When SeulGi walked to Ri In’s table, and I walked to YeonHee.

“Can I sit here?” I asked.

“Oh…uh yeah. Go ahead,” she replied. “Gotta work on the project anyway.” She smiled at me.

“Thanks.” I took my seat and looked at her.

“So, tell me about yourself,” she said.

“Uh…I play basketball, it’s my favorite sport. I like the number 33. Shocking for you, I get hyper easily, but I don’t know. Well, I never really shown it,” I explained, “Oh, and I’m clumsy.”

“Anything else?”

“Later? It’s your turn.”

“Okay, um…I’m Korean, of course. I love sports, shopping, sleeping, and eat. Uh…love animals and I hate phonies, liars, and cheaters mostly,” she said and said cheaters pretty cold.

“Anything else?” I asked.

“A lot, but we have lunch now,” she said laughing.

“Oh, hey un, c-can you sit with me for lunch?” I asked shyly.

“Uh…okay sure. Hold on.” She walked away to SeulGi. Then she came back to me. “Let’s go.”

…lunch time…

“So, how’s life so far?” I asked.

“Okay. I love with my Auntie and baby cousin,” she answered.

“You’re parents?”

“No. They died. My dad from a hear attack, mother from a car accident. I moved here.”

“Oh, uh, I’m, sorry. From where by the way?”

“America.”

“Oh, so how’d you meet YunHo?” I asked.

“Here, preschool. He was the only person that hung out with me on my first day,” she answered. “We love each other as brother and sister.”

“Wow. You’re lucky. I haven’t told anyone but I have no one.”

“How come?”

“Keep it a secret,” I sad, she nodded. “My parents never loved me. My sister, Ayumi or Yumi, loved me so much. She gave me love and attention that they never gave me. Once she turned eleven, she died of leukemia. My parents ignored me even more. I’m used to being alone,” I answered.

“Oh, well…I’m sorry,” she said.

“It’s cool. So, uh…what do you have after art class?” I changed the subject.

“Cooking.”

“Me, too.” I checked the room number. “Same class. I’ll walk you there tomorrow.”

“Okay thanks.”

“So, why did you move to America?” I asked.

“I was poor, so my dad found a better job there. I cried so badly since I’m leaving YunHo. I didn’t make any friends there. They think I’m weird. But, I didn’t care,” YeonHee answered. “Mostly, they were jealous of me.”

“Why’s that?” I asked.

“I play so many sports, except swimming, no one can beat me.”

“Wow!”

“Hey, you’re smiling again,” YeonHee said, pointing at me.

“I am, huh?” I questioned.

“Yeah, I like it. So do you ever smile?” she asked me.

“Anio. Not since she died.”

“Oh, have you laughed?”

“Not yet. Why are you asking me this?” I asked.

“Curiosity hits me,” she said.

“Right.”

“Hey, can I have a French fry?” YeonHee asked.

“Sure.”

I gave her a French fry. As she took it, she smiled and looked at me in the eyes. I smiled back and ate my food. Something about just makes me feel so different. I just really love it.

---------

Tuesaday March 3, 2009 6:23PM