Chapter 6 Her Voice Gave Me a Surprise

I Trusted You But You Lied ~Completed~

*JaeJoong’s POV*

A month passed since YeonHee stayed. She’s always concerned about me. But why?! Although, we’re not friends, she’s just my partner. I still like her. I know how she gets bullied, too.

~FLASHBACK~

I was walking around the school, until I heard voices. There was BoA with her 3 friends and…YeonHee. I hid behind the wall to listen.

“What the hell do you want?” YeonHee asked.

“”Stay away from him!” yelled BoA. Man she’s loud. That’s why I don’t like her.

“From who, exactly. Your egotism, because, I’ll be glad to stay away from that.”

“Kim JaeJoong, or else. And if you ever insult me again, you’re soooooo dead.” She then walked away as I did, too. I felt sorry for her? I haven’t sorry for anyone in a very long time.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Our first class, Language Arts, started, and as usual, I’m by myself. Even YeonHee, but I heard that SeulGi got sick today.

“Okay class, I’ll pair you up with partners and do a report about them. Due next Thursday,” said Ms. Kang. All the girls are hoping to get me. “Since Miss Bae SeulGi isn’t here, Miss Jang RiIn, you’re her partner. ChaeYeon and JunSu…” she continued and again…”Kim JaeJoong and Lee YeonHee.” YEONHEE!!!

*YeonHee’s POV*

KIM JAEJOONG?!!! Ugh. Now all of those eyes are giving me death glares.

“B*tch.”

“Lucky, sl*t.”

I hear bad comments, horrible ones actually!

“Tomorrow, our project starts!” Ms. Kang yelled.

The bell rang and everyone ran to lunch. I packed my things and walked to room B8, waiting for YunHo~oppa.

“Hey!” he said, and we walked to the cafeteria.

“Hey. Miss your SeulGi?” I asked.

“Yes, so what’s up?”

“Nothing. Ms. Kang gave us a partner project. We have to know about our partners and I got JaeJoong.”

“Good luck.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

“Save you a seat, it’ll be like old times,” said YunHo.

“Okay,”

I walked to the very long line. When I did, I noticed JaeJoong behind me. Suddenly, my cell phone vibrated.

“Yobesayo? Duguseyo? (Hello. Who’s this?)” I answered.

“NOONA! Sing a song for me so I could take my nap!” cheered Inhwan.

“Wae?” I whined.

“Pwease?”

“What song?”

“Anything.”

“Nunnerigo weobdon bami jinamyon.
Molisso dullyon onun sebyog jongsori.
Honjamane sarangun sulphojinungora maraji marayo.
Gude hyanghan guirumun namanae gushinde.
Weroume gasum alphado gu aphomkaji saranghangoya,” I sang.
(a/n: It’s the song that JunSu sang to HeeBon in ‘Dangerous Love’)

*JaeJoong’s POV*

YeonHee was in front of me. Her phone rang and she answered it. She started complaining then….singing. Her voice is so….wonderful. The most beautiful voice I ever heard. When I was listening to her, I felt myself smiling? I haven’t smiled since Yumi unnie died. What’s with me? She hung up, and when she was gonna put it in her bag, it slid out of her hand. I picked it up for her.

“Here, YeonHee,” I said.

“Kamshamnida. JaeJoong~shii, you’re actually…smiling?” she asked.

“I still am?”

“Yeah,” she giggled.

“Uh…n-nice voice. You know, you singing. You’re good,” I said to her.

“Really? Thanks. My little cousin loves it when I sing,” she told me, “Well, uh…um, since we’re partners, wanna sit with me and YunHo?”

“No, it’s okay. I don’t wanna be a bother.”

“Okay, then maybe another time.”

“Sure.”

She walked away. I swear…she’s the only person who’s nice and not like those other girls who’s y and all over me.

*YeonHee’s POV*

JaeJoong is actually…nice? I mean, he’s never like that. I looked at his eyes, and they sparkled. Plus….he smiled.

“You okay?” asked YunHo.

“Yup. JaeJoong smiled,” I whispered the last sentence to his ear.

“Really? He never does,” YunHo whispered loudly.

“I know, but…I think that I might like him.”

“Awww!!!”

“Aish!” I punched his arm. “Shut up.”

“Ow! Why be violent?” he asked rubbing his arm.

“I just am at times.”

…the next day…

SeulGi felt better. I told her everything about yesterday. Every single detail. She was so shocked about JaeJoong smiling.

“Never in my live I saw him smile,” she said as we walked to lunch.

“She’s telling the truth though,” said YunHo.

“Mhm…” I nodded.

“I can’t believe you like him, too,” SeulGi said once we sat down.

“Yeah, but when I saw him yesterday, he was like a completely different person. It’s like, he took off his mask and revealed himself,” I said, “BoA gets pissed off since I’m always with him every once in a while. Sorry that he has to be my partner and I sit with in Science.”

“Don’t worry. Later…maybe she’ll get SiWon. By the way…oppa said you were singing?” SeulGi asked.

“She was, to Inhwan,” YunHo said for me and I nodded.

---

Monday February 2, 2009 9:09PM