3. Taeil --> Gone for Good

NCT One-Shot Collection ^^
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why can't we just get along?!" I started shouting before I remembered where I was. I was fighting with the popcorn machine again. It seem as if it was a daily ritual with one problem: I always seem to lose.

"Are we having a problem again, Ms.Park?" My boss, Mr.Kim asked walking behind the counter, eyeing the popcorn spilled all over the ugly tile floor.

"No, sir. I just, um... I." I can't get the words out. That's my problem.

"Good. I wouldn't want people to stop coming here to see movies because I hired someone who couldn't work the concession stands properly," said Mr. Kim, glaring at me through squinted eyes. I could have poked those eyes out. "You've only worked here for less than a month, Ms. Park. Don't forget that."

"I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again." For the second time in one week, I felt inferior. I hate being scolded at. But Mr. Kim had a way of making you feel like scum even if you only smile at him.

"Excuse me, sir," said a new voice to my right.

"What is it Mr. Moon?" By this time, I was cleaning up the mess I had made minutes before.

"Well, it wasn't her's fault she dropped the popcorn." All right. I'll come flat out with it - this guy is nuts. His name is Moon Taeil. But, even though I'm somewhat new to the job, I've never seen anyone actually try to prove Mr. Kim wrong. I had to give him credit for sticking up for all of this, even if he had nothing to do with my problems.

Taeil was nice. Really nice. I work my shifts with him. He still has one more year of college left, and works part time here at the theater with me. He's not really talkative, until you get him on a subject he likes. It was kind of hard at first, but I've learned how to carry a real nice conversation with him. I see him mostly at home. "Home?" you ask? Yep - he lives next door to me. He's 23, my age. He has blonde hair and bright brown eyes that seem to always be dancing whenever I look at him. I've always thought he was kind of cute. My boyfriend, Jong Suk, teases him. You know, saying he looks like a girl, or calling him pathetic - stupid things. I never liked it, but Jong Suk ignores me every time I tell him to stop.

"She tripped over my foot when she turned." Huh? Was Mr. Kim buying it? I sure wasn't.

"All right." He turned to me. "I'm sorry Ms. Park. Please continue." With that he walked into the swinging double doors that led to the back where only workers and employees are aloud to go.

I finished sweeping the mess I made away from the line of traffic and served two more people in line. "Thanks Taeil. I owe you one," I said walking over to him.

He just shrugged it off. "Forget it. Just stop talking to every inanimate object you drop and we'll all be better off." I laughed.

He started to say something else, but the next person waiting in line cut him off. It was Jong Suk, my boyfriend of 3 and a half months. Behind him were two of his friends from school, Hwan and Jae. "Why don't you get this one. I'll be refilling the popcorn machine." Taeil walked away. I could have sworn he wanted to tell me something important.

"I'd watch him, honey. I think he'll eat all the Gummie Worms and KitKat's when no one's looking," Jong Suk said letting out a conceited laugh. Jae and Hwan joined him. I never knew why Jae and Hwan always followed Jong Suk around. Probably because they were all on the football team. Jae was the biggest of the three. He stood an amazing 6'3" and was about half as wide as he was tall. Which makes me wonder how Jong Suk could insult Taeil, who was ten times cuter then Jae. Whoa, I mean more attractive, not cute. Cute inquires that I like him more than I let on. And I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter