16. Ten/Taeyong --> Who is Ten's boyfriend?

NCT One-Shot Collection ^^
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heaving a sigh of relief, Ten dropped his backpack onto the floor and slumped into his seat at the table. "Thank god for lunch," he muttered, poking at the food he'd bought.

"Clearly," Johnny said, glancing at the mush that was on his plate as well, "you mean the chance not to be in class, and not the meal itself."

Ten ignored him. "I don't know what they expect us to learn from all this," he said. "I can't possibly have enough brain capacity to remember historical trivia, mathematical formulas and why Emma's eyes keep changing color in 'Madame Bovary.' When is this going to be useful in life anyway?"

"It's not," Yuta said, sitting down to join them. "Have you got all three tests in one day as well?" he asked.

Ten nodded. "I'll fail all three of them at this rate."

"At least you don't have all those thoughts rattled around in your head once a day during football practice. Not like Jackass here."

Yuta sneered at Johnny across the table. "Still upset I stole your girl?" he asked. "I was doing you a favor."

Johnny sat up straight and opened his mouth to respond.

Ten groaned and dropped his head to the lunch table. "Please don't start this again," he moaned. "Remember when we all used to be friends?"

Yuta smirked at him. "Poor Tennie here is just jealous that he doesn't have a girlfriend."

"Oh god," Ten groaned, not lifting his head from the table, "why would I want one of those?"

"Attention, and someone to do things with on a weekend; why else?" Yuta asked.

Ten sat back up. "Don't I get enough of that from my boyfriend?" he asked.

It felt like the whole lunch room fell silent to stare at Ten, eyes widened in shock and breaths were drawn sharply in.

Ten glanced around at his two friends, who were really the only two sitting in silent shock. "Oh, lay off. It's not like you didn't know," he said.

"We did?" asked Johnny.

Ten shook his head. "I've told you I was gay a dozen times by now, and I make jokes about it all the time. How could you not know?"

"Well," Johnny said, looking back at the food on his tray. "I always thought you were joking."

"Yeah," Yuta added. "I figured you were proving how masculine—yet open-minded—you were by pretending and joking."

Ten put his head in his hand. "I can't believe this. All this time and none of you knew?"

"Hey, guys," said Mark as he arrived at the table. "How are you?"

"Hey, Mark," Johnny said. "Did you know Ten was gay?"

Mark chuckled. "'Course, man. Totally flaming."

"No, like really gay," Johnny insisted.

Mark frowned at him. "Really really?" he asked.

Johnny nodded.

"Naw," Mark said. "Can't be."

"I am," Ten snapped. "Gay as they come. I've got a boyfriend and everything."

"You serious?" Mark asked.

Ten groaned and let his head drop back to the table. "Some friends you guys are."

"So, if you've got a boyfriend, how come we've never met him?" Yuta asked.

Ten looked up enough to frown at him. "Of course you have," he said.

"Well, then who is it?" Johnny asked.

Ten turned his frown onto Johnny. "If you can't figure it out, I don't think I'm going to tell you."

"Is it Hansol from Algebra?" Mark asked. The other three turned to look at him. "What?"

"Please give me a little credit for having taste," Ten said.

"Well, he's gay," Mark said.

"Yeah, and cold and totally weird," Ten muttered. Three shocked gazes were directed toward him. "What?" he said. "It's true."

"Who else in this school is gay?" Yuta asked.

"Are you kidding me?" Ten said. "You have to start with the process of elimination for this? You can't just figure it out?"

"Well," said Yuta, "clearly you've been dating this guy for awhile, and we've yet to notice. Since you refuse to tell us, what choice have we but to guess?"

Ten shook his head. "I cannot believe you guys."

"Let's make a game of it!" Johnny said suddenly. "Let's make it a bet."

"Yeah!" Yuta said, punching a fist into the air. "If we can guess who it is by the end of school on Friday, then you'll buy us pizza; if we can't, we'll pool and buy for you and this mystery guy."

"But you've got to bring him, for proof," Mark ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter