15. Yuta --> Ok, maybe I love you

NCT One-Shot Collection ^^
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nakamoto Yuta, hmm. He was probably the biggest flirt I knew. He was funny, sweet, good looking, and definitely charming. While most guys instantly turned me off, something about him always got my attention, no matter how far I should have run from him. I'm pretty sure he knew all of this to be true, and he also knew that I liked him.

Well, actually, he didn't know that he was right about that. He just accused me of liking him in that flirty way of his every time his arms wrapped around me in one of our flirting sprees. He'd hold my hand and comment on how cold I was, and I'd proceed to tell him that cold hearts pumped cold blood, and, therefore, I was cold all the time. But he would always insist that I had a huge heart, full of desire for him.

Oh yes. He was quite full of himself.

But I suppose he had his reasons to be. After all, he had a possessive ex-girlfriend who would murder any girl who looked at him. He had my girl friends to giggle at all of his jokes. He had my guy friends to look up to him, trying to be as charming and flirty as he was. And he had me thinking about him more than I should and wanting him more than I'd ever wanted anyone.

I could see him with one of our good guy friends, Jaehyun, that day at the park. Yuta was sitting on a bench, talking, while the two guys passed a basketball. I approached them as casually as I could, hardly daring to breathe for fear of doing it offensively.

Jaehyun waved to me and called out, "Hey, Y/N!"

I smirked and waved back.

He saw me just before I reached him, and that huge grin of his lit up his face. I was seriously in love with the way his perfect eyes sparkled. Tossing the basketball to Jaehyun, he came to my side, enveloping me in a crushing hug that may have been just a wee bit sarcastic.

Sarcasm was one of our things.

"Jagiya!" he cried out. There was that sarcasm that I was talking about. I rolled my eyes and shoved at his chest, trying to break free of his hold. But anyone who looked at his arms and then mine would see that his were much, much stronger than mine. "What brings you here? Your love for me?"

"You're insane," I scoffed. Realizing I wasn't breaking free, I decided to just enjoy being in his arms. Besides, despite the warm, sunny day, I was as cold as usual, and his body heat warmed me quickly. I vaguely noticed Jaehyun disappearing, leaving us alone. I'd have to subtly thank Jaehyun for that one later. "What's with the affection here, Nakamoto? I thought you were mad at me."

He smiled. There was something truly y about that smile, and I never could decide just what it was. It was ridiculously hard not to smile back, but somehow I stood my ground and kept a neutral expression. "Nah. You know I can never stay mad at you, even though you are pretty mean to me."

"Only in retaliation," I insisted, giving him my sweetest smile. I knew he hated it when I said that; it was part of the routine.

Whenever he rolled his sparkly eyes, his tongue always seemed to brush over his lower lip, and just as his tongue slipped back into his mouth, that smile would break out over his face. That's what he did just then. "Come on. I never had to be mean to you until you were mean to me."

"You tripped me in front of everyone," I reminded him flatly, watching while his smile turned into a teasing grin. "And you made everyone laugh about it, and now nobody knows my name anymore because—"

"Because you're now clumsy-girl" he laughed, taking the opportune time to nudge my ribs with his fingers.

I squeaked at the tickling sensation and then glared at him. "Don't do that!" I caught his hand just before he started fully tickling me, but he used his hand to pull me closer to him, putting a tight grip around me.

He smelled of his familiar scent, a concoction of soap, shampoo, and deodorant, but I could smell traces of his cologne also. There was no better smell in the world. And there was no better feeling than his arms. Yeah, I was pretty much in heaven.

"You know I love you, Y/N" he said softly. His face was roughly two inches from mine, and I swear that his voice so close to me sent chills all over my body. But I'd kill him if he noticed and said anything about it. He leaned in even closer. I was fairly certain he wanted a kiss. "You still love me too, right?"

Pulling back, I scrunched up my face in displeasure, but Yuta wasn't buying it for a minute. He proceeded to very tenderly kiss my cheek. I couldn't stop my smile, but I sure wanted to stop his knowing smirk. "Yes," I snapped, shoving away from him, but his hold was still too tight to break. "Yes, yes, yes. I still love you. But you're going to suffocate me if you don't let me go."

Yuta shook his head sadly and released me from his arms. Darn. My mouth always ran faster than my common sense. Needless to say, I regretted snapping at him, but I more regretted the fact that now I'd have to apologize, and he'd probably make me admit that I actually liked being in his arms. I hated him.

I opened my mouth to bullcrap an apology, but he suddenly moved to the bench where Jaehyun had been sitting. Without invitation, I followed behind him and sat down next to him. He glanced at me, I looked back at him, and neither of us said a word. We just sat there for several minutes, looking around and then back at each other. I thought I saw him very nearly smile at one point, and I was ready to call him on it, but he spoke before I could.

"Hey, Clumsy?"

I scowled. "Hmmm?"

"I'm sorry." I looked at him oddly, and then he continued, his mouth quirking. "It's not that hard for you to say."

There were really only two options for me. One: admit that I was sorry and be sweet to him. Or two: defiantly argue with him. As I previously mentioned, my mouth is sharper than my senses, and I royally proved it by sprouting off at him.

"I don't know why I'm the one who always has to be sorry," I declared, crossing my arms. "It's not always my fault, you know. If you didn't provoke me, I wouldn't have to get mad at you half as often."

Unquestionably, there was a smile playing with his lips. "Is that so?" Yuta murmured, apparently trying to hide his amusement. He inched closer to me on the bench and slipped his arm around my lower back, letting his hand caress my side.

I nearly died.

Meekly, I answered, "Yes."

"I'll be sorry this time then." There was a definite pout on his lips now, and he'd taken on a condescending tone. It was one he used often with me, and it always made me laugh, much to my dismay. "If it'll make you happy, Y/N, I'll take the blame."

Laughing, I took his free hand in mine and smiled up at him. I was actually impressed with my own ability to be pleasant instead of callous. From the surprised expression on his face, I gathered that he was too. But instinctively he began to caress my hand, rubbing warmth into my forever cold skin. "Thank you. You're a giver."

There went my sardonic mouth again, and it caused hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter