10. Yuta --> Fake Boyfriend

NCT One-Shot Collection ^^
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, waitress! How about a refill over here?"

I knew that voice too well. I sighed and turned back to the outside table I had just passed. "What are you doing here?"

The handsome face of Nakamoto Yuta, my neighbor, was smiling up at me. It was a site that would make most women's knees go week, but I was immune to his charms. This was the guy who once saw me struggling with my grocery bags outside my door, asked if I needed help, and when I had said "yes", replied "I guess you should call someone then," and walked away laughing. But even I had to admit that he's handsome. With his perfectly tousled brown hair, chocolate eyes, high cheekbones, and a chiseled jaw, it was hard for anyone to deny that. We had been neighbors for over a year now. I moved in to the apartment building after I graduated from high school.

"I'm enjoying my breakfast, of course. Seeing you is just a lovely bonus, Y/N" he said with a big, charming smile slapped to his face. 

"Don't try to aggravate me, I'm working."

I turned away from him and headed over the trash can to throw away the dirty napkin I had picked up. I groaned when I saw who was walking down the sidewalk.

"Y/N!"

"Hello, Hyun." Hyun going to the same college as me. I only worked at the café a couple of days a week for the extra money. He has recently taken it upon himself to harass me whenever possible. He's completely harmless, though, so I've never done anything like file a report, but he's been really getting on my nerves.

"You're looking quit delectable today," he said, while obviously leering at me.

"Uh huh."

"When does your shift end?"

"Not for a while." It actually ended in about 25 minutes.

"Well, how about you give me a call when it's over and we can go have some fun," he said, eyebrows wagging above his glasses at the end.

"Hyun, I can't go out with you." I've never said it to him so bluntly before. I usually just ignore his suggestions or say that I'm busy, but I was just so tired waiting for him to take a hint.

"Why not?" he asked, totally unconcerned.

"I have a boyfriend." The lie just came out of my mouth from somewhere desperate.

"That's not that good of a reason," he shrugged. "It's not like he has to find out."

"He would find out. I'm always with him. I'm totally crazy about the guy." I hoped I wasn't laying it on too thick.

"He's not here right now, is he?" He stepped closer with a grin I assumed was supposed to be seductive.

I took a hasty step back, and even while my brain was yelling Don't say it! What are you doing, don't say it! I heard myself say, "Yes! Yes, actually he is here."

"Oh, really," Hyun smirked, clearly not buying it. "Well, where is he then?"

"He's um…um…," I looked around, trying not to appear frantic, when my eyes fell on the only person I knew: Yuta. "Right there! That's him!" I dashed over to him. "Hi…honey," I said, awkwardly placing a hand on his shoulder. "This is Hyun. Hyun, this is Yuta." I paused to keep the pained look off of my face. "My boyfriend."

Yuta looked puzzled for a moment but then a slow, evil grin stretched across his face. He got up from his seat and put an arm around my waist. "Nice to meet you, Hyun. How do you know my dear girlfriend?"

"We are classmates" he answered with narrowed eyes and pinched lips. "We're very close." My mouth dropped open in disgust at the implication.

Yuta looked amused at my expression. "Are you? It's always nice to meet one of my sweetie pie's friends."

"So you're going to the class party then? Every ones going to be there." The party was for our friend' birthday.

"Oh, no he's-," I started, but Yuta cut me off.

"Of course I am."

"But honey bear, I thought you had that thing to do that night?" My voice sounded pleasant but I was threatening him with my eyes.

"Nothing is more important than spending time with you, snookums." He flashed me with that evil grin again.

"I couldn't possibly keep you away from business, pookie."

"Nonsense. My job is to be there for you when you need me, baby cakes."

I grinded my teeth and resolved myself to giving in before Hyun picked up on what was going on. "Fine."

Hyun looked back and forth from Yuta and me suspiciously. "Hmm. Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow night then."

"I'll be there!" Yuta said with a big grin.

I watched Hyun walk off and then turned my head to glare at Yuta.

He looked very amused. "Don't give me that look. You got yourself into this."

I took a step back so his arm would drop from around my waist. "Why would you say you're going to the party?"

"Because I am going to the party." He stated.

"Says who?" I demanded and placed my hand on my hips.

He titled his head in a condescending way. "I'm your boyfriend now-"

"You are not!"

"-and wouldn't it look odd if you didn't bring you're boyfriend as you're date to a party?"

"I guess, but-"

"I'm just trying to help you out," he said matter-of-factly.

"When have you ever tried to help me out?"

"Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf," he said, sounding thoughtful.

"No you're not. You're up to something."

He shrugged. "Maybe. But there's no way I would tell you if I was." He swiftly bent down and kissed my cheek. "See you at home, puddin'!"

 

 

 

 

 


"Hi honey, how was your day?"

"Oh, my God!" I jumped and turned from closing my front door. "How did you get in here?" Yuta was sitting at my kitchen table, feet propped up.

"That's not important," he waved off. "I figured we needed to talk about our relationship."

"Oh, gosh, are you breaking up with me already?" I asked sarcastically.

"Cute. We need to come up with some details."

"What details?" I put my purse down and sat across from him at the table.

"Like the answers to questions you know everyone's going to ask. How did we meet? How long have we been dating? Stuff like that."

"Why are you so eager about this?" I asked, all suspicious.

"It'll be entertaining. Everyone needs some drama in they're life. Especially you, Y/N."

"What do you mean? I have drama," I said, defensively.

"Living vicariously through korean dramas doesn't count."

"I do not watch dramas." I scoffed, but broke eye contact.

He just stared at me.

"I just put them on for background noise sometimes."

He stared at me some more.

"Oh, shut up!" I crossed my arms and pouted. "Let's just get to work."

He gave me a superior look but let the matter drop. "Ok, so how did we start dating?"

"How about: You kept following me around like a lost puppy until I finally took pity on you?"

His lip curled in disgust. "Yeah, that's not going to work for me."

I laughed, "What do you think our story should be, then?"

"I like: You walked in on me and couldn't resist throwing yourself at me.'"

On their own accord, my eyes flicked down and did a quick scan of Yuta' broad shoulders and toned chest. When I forced them back up to his face, he was wearing a smug smirk.

I cleared my throat and said, "That would never happen." He just smirked wider. "Why don't we just tell everyone that we kept bumping into each other in the hall and you finally offered to take me out?"

He shrugged, "Not very romantic, but it'll do."

"As for how we know each other, we might as well just stick with the truth."

"You mean, you ran into me outside my apartment door, and when you hit the ground your skirt came up?" he asked with another smirk.

"I think we should leave out that part and say 'We're neighbors.'"

"You know, I've always admired the way you can talk through your teeth like that."

I flicked him off.

"You're a classy broad."

I sighed. "Moving on."

It took us only another half an hour to come up with the rest of the details to our fake relationship.

"I'm glad we got that all worked out." He leaned back in the chair he was sitting in and folded his hands over his toned stomach. "How about you make me dinner now?"

"I'm not making you dinner." I said, focusing on keeping my eyes firmly on his and not anywhere lower.

"Why not?"

"Because you're the man who's making my life difficult." I stated.

"Entertaining," he corrected. He sat up straight in the chair again to plead with me. "I don't want to go back to my apartment. It's lonely over there."

"So call someone." I said, trying to ignore his big, chocolate eyes.

"Please? Don't make me leave." I would have stayed firm, but then he gave me a look that said, "I need you. I need you and I will never be able to survive without you. Please take care of me."

I folded. "Alright, I'll make you dinner. But you're getting spaghetti."

"You're an angel."

I was stirring the spaghetti sauce when Yuta came up behind me and placed a hand on my hip.

"Mmm, smells good." But I noticed he was smelling my hair, not the sauce.

I cleared my throat, and stuck with a simple, "Thank you," because I didn't trust my mouths ability to form anything more complicated than that.

He rubbed my hip a little and I was definitely finding it harder to breath. "So, do you like cooking?"

I cleared my throat again. "Not really. I just stick to the basics."

"I love to cook."

"You do?" I whipped my head around to glare at him. "Then why am I the one slaving over a hot stove right now?" I momentarily forgot about the burning hand on my hip in my ire.

"I hardly thing making spaghetti can be classified

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter