2. Taeyong --> Memories Through the Years

NCT One-Shot Collection ^^
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time I talked to Lee Taeyong he called me an ugly, fat cow.

Now, given this was in kindergarten, I should have just cried and told our teacher, Ms.Jung. Well, I did cry, but I certainly didn't go running to Ms.Jung so I could hear the satisfaction in Taeyong's voice once he eventually called me a tattletale. No, that would have not been acceptable. I was a proud girl, even back then.

So, I cried, and then, with all the might a five-year-old girl could possibly have, I socked him in the face.

I remember sitting in the timeout corner of the small room, feeling so smug while I listened to Lee Taeyong blubbering like a little baby. I can still imagine his red-rimmed blue eyes with tears pouring down his face.

However, I underestimated Taeyong. If I thought that by punching him in the face would end his torments, I was sorely mistaken. If anything, it had just made him more determined. So, day after day, year after year, I endured the name-calling, the fat jokes, the cornering after school with his friends by his side, the pranks…

Just about everything a little boy could do. But, Taeyong exceeded expectations and always managed to make it worse.

And just when I was absolutely certain that I hated him, Taeyong would do something that would confuse me. He would make me not hate him so much and actually make me like him.

Like the one time in seventh grade when we officially graduated to middle school. Entering that year, I was still an awkward girl, mind you. I was short, chubby, had braces and glasses, the works.

So, an eighth grader by the name of Lee Min Hyuk decided I would be his new plaything. And one day, Taeyong noticed Min Hyuk taunting me during class, throwing paper balls and erasers at me when the teacher's back was turned.

Now, I hadn't really cared if Min Hyuk was the one throwing paper balls at me. For some reason, I was terrified that Taeyong would join in with him. It made goosebumps spread over my arms and my heart pound. Only Taeyong could do that to me. So, suddenly afraid, silent tears had begun to escape down my chubby cheeks. Taeyong, of course, saw them and probably thought it was because of Min Hyuk.

And the next thing I knew, the teacher was yelling and Taeyong and Min Hyuk were on the ground of the classroom, kicking, hitting, and possibly even biting. It was the most spectacular and horrifying thing I had ever seen. When the teacher finally managed to pry them apart, Taeyong looked smug albeit slightly bruised, and Min Hyuk was the one crying with the most damage.

After that, word got around. Nobody bothered me ever again after that, except, of course, for my favorite tormentor. I even said 'thank you' to him that day once he was released from the office. He had just shrugged and looked at me with those bright brown eyes of his and replied with, "You're mine."

I was too flustered and thankful that I didn't even argue with him even if I did feel that spark of something he always evoked in me.

Entering high school was a lot different from middle school. Lee Taeyong became known as 'hot'. But I didn't like the word 'hot' that girls described him by. To me, he was 'gorgeous'. He grew taller and filled out. He looked so different, but I still recognized his eyes. I would always recognize them.

I had changed too. Most of my baby fat dropped off as I grew taller. My braces came off and I replaced my glasses with contacts. I even exchanged my sweatshirts for more fitted, but still conservative, clothes. To my embarrassment and perhaps even to my excitement, I received attention from other guys. But, in the back of my mind, I always wondered what Taeyong thought of me. I constantly wondered if he thought I was attractive.

When he eventually saw my new change, he had just stared at me with a burning intensity. Luckily, the hallway was empty, as most students had gone home. I had thought I was the only one left, but when Taeyong came strolling out of a classroom door, my heart began to pound in my chest. I turned to glance at him, as if casually, but then found I couldn't look away. I just stood there.

Finally, a smirk dropped into place and he strolled over to me. I held my breath the whole time he made his way over to me.

"Didn't hide behind all those books this summer did you, Y/N?" He said while I turned toward him even more.

My eyes had narrowed, "What's that suppose to mean?" I had to crane my head up still to look at him.

His smirk had returned and he gave me a full once over, making it obvious he was checking me out. "Well, for one, you're not the repulsive cow I remember." My mouth had dropped and just with one simple sentence, Lee Taeyong lit my blood on fire.

And for the second time in my life, I punched him.

I hadn't hurt him like I wanted; he reeled back more in shock than in pain. In fact, I had probably hurt myself more. But when he recovered, there was something in his eyes that told me he was immensely amused. There was something else I couldn't really identify, but I could have cared less. He had just insulted and complimented me in the same sentence.

"You know why I always do this to you?" He asked me, an actual smile forming onto his face. He leaned in really close so that I could smell him. I realized he smelled like soap and I had to refrain myself from inhaling him even further. "Because I love seeing you all riled and flustered." Then with laugh, he his heel and started down the hallway while I still stared at him in shock. Over his shoulder, he threw out, "Oh, by the way, you still hit like a girl."

That had broken me out of my gaping and I made a loud irritated noise in the back of my throat. But even as I did that, I couldn't get that stupid grin on my face and the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't stop. I remember hearing his laughter all the way down the hall.

High school went on and Taeyong continued to do what he did best. We were like little children all over again, bickering. My friends and his friends were use to it by now, and they knew to not get in the wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter