Chapter twenty-four

Now [Troublemaker]

 

 

Hakyeon left the library and rushed to the music room where Taekwoon was with Hyuk and Hongbin. To say that he was mad was an understatement: he was absolutely furious. He entered the room, the door banging against the wall and he slammed it close. The three boys already in the room looked at him with confused looks and when he walked toward the older and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt to force him to stand up, Hyuk and Hongbin gasped and suddenly stood up to separate them. But Hakyeon pushed them away and faced Taekwoon who seemed like he wasn't understanding what was going on.

 

What have you done to her?!” Hakyeon shouted, the veins of his neck popping out, “what have you done?!”

What do you-”

Don't try to act all innocent! You're not, Jung Taekwoon! You're only messing with her, you don't love her! You don't!!”

Who are you talking about?”

Byeol! Kim Byeol!”

 

Hongbin frowned when he heard his sister's name suddenly coming from the leader's mouth. Hyuk glanced at him and when their eyes met, Hongbin shrugged, wondering what was going on.

 

You weren't even paying attention to her before this year, you weren't talking to her... she was nothing for you so why can't you leave her alone?”

I have now idea what you're talking about, but can you-”

You don't understand, you say? You don't understand?!” Hakyeon stepped closer and only twenty centimeters remained between their faces.

 

Taekwoon had sightly furrowed brows while Hakyeon's eyes were wide open and more threatening than ever. He looked more than ready to punch and hurt his classmate.

 

There's only one girl I care about... one girl I want to protect... why does it have to be Byeol? Why does it have to be the girl you're messing with?!”

I'm not messing with her,” Taekwoon said with a stern yet calm voice. Even if Hakyeon was shouting at him, he remained tranquil.

Then what are you doing, huh?!”

Byeol is... Byeol is much than just a friend for me... she's my partner, my sunbae, a longtime lost friend, my hoobae, my dongsaeng, my... first love,” he admitted, “she's just not a girl, she's more than that...”

What kind of bulls is that, huh...?” Hakyeon hysterically laughed.

When I started learning to play the piano, she was already having lessons. She became my partner, the teacher made us work together to learn a lot. As I fell in love with playing the piano, I fell in love with Byeol though I couldn't realize what were exactly my feelings because I was too young. But when she entered high school two years ago and when I saw her again, I understood my feelings. It has always been Byeol.”

But you've always ignored her!! You've only starting to be close to her when I started talking to her!!”

It's not true...” Taekwoon dared to say, “you're wrong. You think I've started talking with her when you did, but you're wrong. Every Mondays Byeol has a spare hour right before the lunch break, and she always goes to the library. She likes reading, it's the only hobby she has found to replace piano, so she spends hours and hours reading. She liked fantasy genre, but also thriller and classic. Her favorite book is Pride and Prejudice by the way. How do I know that? Because I always skip my class to go to the library just to be in the same room as her.”

You're nothing but a weird creep following her!!”

I am,” Taekwoon nodded and did two steps back, “I totally am. Every Thursdays while I could go home right after classes, I spend one hour more in school behind the door of the music room just to listen to her playing and singing. I've always loved her voice, it's just so sweet and powerful, but I hate it when she cries. I wish I could just be by her side for her to sing happily and to enjoy what she's doing instead of just finding relief and meeting sadness while she's playing. Seeing her sad actually breaks my heart.”

You're lying...” Hakyeon clutched his jaw, “you're just lying... you're heartless, you've always ignore people and you hate being with other people...!!”

Because other people are just so fake and I hate it. I only have a few friends around me, but I know they are true friends. I'm not like you, you know?” Taekwoon scoffed, “I don't need to have the world loving me to feel important. I don't look for people's attention or I don't try to be popular.”

What-”

Look at you, Hakyeon. People were making fun of you before, saying you were fat and everything, and you hated it, right? You've always wanted to take revenge. So you've lost weight and you've started working out and now you're considered as one of the hottest boy of the school. Congrats, I guess. They all love you, or at least your appearance, because you're just a fake piece of that always does whatever it takes to obtains everything he wants. You don't think of the others, you only want your own good and you don't even know how many people you've hurt.”

Look at him,” Hakyeon laughed nervously and his face turned red because of the anger, “he is so ashamed that now he creates stories! Does it make you feel better?!”

You don't love Byeol,” Taekwoon ignored his words, “you don't love her. You love the fact that her beautiful voice could help you with your group and so you'd become even more popular. She's so shy that she wouldn't want all the popularity but you, you want it. That's only why you've absolutely wanted Byeol to be part of your group. You wanted her to sing for you and you only, you've never cared about her feelings about it. You've entered the music room she was playing in just because you've wanted to, you didn't even think about why she was hiding, you didn't even respect her privacy. It's just selfishness.”

You've started hanging out with her brother just because you've wanted to get close to her!!” Hakyeon shouted and his words only made Taekwoon scoffed.

They were friends before Taekwoon and I even met...”

 

They all turned to Hongbin who had just spoken.

 

Actually,” he cleared his throat, “Byeol and Taekwoon hyung met before he and I did, they were already friends because of the academy. And when we started hanging out together, hyung didn't even know she was my sister, he just found out when I invited him at my house once when Byeol was there.”

 

Taekwoon smiled, proud of his younger friend's answer, and promised himself he would thank Hongbin later.

 

B-but she's joined the group...” Hakyeon said with a much softer voice this time, “she's decided to join it by her own... there might be a reason, right? I must be the reason! I was the one who wanted her to join!”

You've harassed her for weeks and you've started messing with her thoughts, which she hated and that why it might have looked like she was starting to gain interest in you, but she wasn't. She's joined because her older brother promised her he would come and see her sing at the end of the year. He is the one who convinced her. You're not.”

But... this time, at Wonshik's party... we kissed! I kissed her and she kissed me back!! She did it because she wanted to!!” Hakyeon grabbed his own hair and started pacing into the room.

 

Taekwoon stared at him and crossed his arms over his chest. Deep inside him, he knew he had already won.

 

She was confused and lost, because I had just left with Im Yoora and because I had said awful things which I still regret saying now.”

It's impossible...” Hakyeon shook his head, “impossible... there was this time into the hall too! I kissed her again!”

Because Im Yoora sunbae was there bothering you,” Hyuk shyly said and all the boys turned around to look at him, which made the youngest one blushed even more.

W-what did you say?” Hakyeon whispered in disbelief.

I'm sorry hyung b-but... this time, I was there, I saw everything... you kissed Byeol because Im Yoora was messing with her saying Byeol wasn't in love with you and also because there was Taekwoon into the hall.”

You kissed her because you wanted me to see and to be jealous, not because you really wanted to kiss her.”

Bulls... this is all bulls...!”

But it's not only about Byeol, you know?” Taekwoon said as he dared to lean against the nearest wall in a very lazy way, as if he didn't really care, “you've always been like that.”

What do you mean, huh?!” Hakyeon sent him a deadly glare.

You've always hated me since I could have better grades than you. You're always spreading rumors about people who do better than you, you always throw those who are on your way away just to be on top. You always want to be the best, you want everyone to love you and to admire you, but in the end... how many friends do you have? Do you know how many people really love you in this school? If you could know, you'd be surprised, believe me.”

I don't believe you.”

It's your problem, not mine. It's you that people hate, not me. And they hate you because they know how fake you are. It's a good thing you're going to the university next year, so that you'll be surrounded by people who'll maybe be twice your age and you'll be totally new and alone. We'll see how long you'll survive in a place where you're nothing, just another kid around adults.”

Do you think you'll be better than me?!”

I don't think, I know I am better.”

 

Because the bell rang, announcing the end of the break, Taekwoon stood straight and walked toward Hakyeon to face him.

 

You're just a troublemaker Hakyeon, but what you don't know, is that you only create yourself troubles.”

 

And Taekwoon left.

 


Here's a long chapter only made of dialogue and I know how borring it can be but it's really important for the story. 

So I hope you'll like it especially since it ends the story (there will be a few other chapters but this marks the way to the end)

And sazuka,  here's my answer to your comment ^^ : 

When I first read your comment I was speechless, because as you probably understood in this chapter, you're totally right. 

Indeed, Taekwoon and Byeol love each other and indeed, Hakyon only acts the want he wants and never cares about her feelings. 

As for Taekwoon, the reason why he had never really dared to make a move toward Byeol is finally revealed, it's because he knows how she is feelings and he doesn't wan to mess with her, he just  want her to be happy and if it means being away from her, then he'll stay away.

As for Hakyeon, just like you've said "he never ask for he opinion. He just do what he likes, and make things complicated for her". You were right, completly right ^^

So, thank you once again for your comment ^^ (if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask :) )

Thx you to all of you guys !

Thx

xx

Mae