Chapter sixteen

Now [Troublemaker]

Byeol arrived alone at school on the Monday after the Winter break. Indeed, Hongbin, but also Yun and even Wonshik at left to the mountains. Only the classes of seniors and Byeol's class reminded into the school so it felt like it was deserted. But she didn't hate it, on the contrary, she felt better to know there wouldn't be a lot of people surrounding her.

 

During her spare hour, she didn't go to the library since she didn't feel like reading and didn't want to see a certain person. So she decided that she was going to write her name on the announcement Hakyeon had made for his group. After a long talk with her older brother, he had convinced her to be part of it and if she really was, he had promised he would come to each of her shows. Obviously, she didn't say no and gathered strength and courage just to step in front of the noticeboard.

 

However, her courage disappeared when she saw at least ten names already written on it, all of them being only girls from second and last year. It surprised her a bit, since before she left for the trip to the mountains, there was no names and now, suddenly, ten girls found themselves wanting to be stars. But well, the less surprising name of the list was Im Yoora. She knew how to sing and rap and she was beautiful, obviously Hakyeon, Jaehwan and Hyuk were going to accept her. Byeol didn't stand a chance against her.

 

She contemplated the sheet of paper for a long time, holding some of her books and copybooks tight against her chest. Nobody crossed the hall yet she could hear the other students who were at the forum laughing and shouting: she knew that at any moment, they could come and see her, so she had to stay aware of her surroundings and had to be ready to run away at any moment.

 

Yet, after ten minutes, she finally decided to take a pen. It didn't seem like something huge or impossible to do, yet, for Byeol, she felt like she was going to regret it at any moment. She did one step forward the noticeboard and just when she was about to raise her hand to write, someone called for her. She jumped and stepped back, facing Hakyeon.

 

Contrary to the last time Byeol had seen him, his hair were shorter and dyed in black. It was really simple but it suited him well (better than the red, she thought).

 

“How are you?” he smiled.

“F-fine, thank you,” she felt her cheeks turning red.

“What are you doing here?” he took a glance at the noticeboard and then looked at her.

 

Somehow, Byeol felt thankful to whoever or whatever had prevented her from writing her name.

 

“Just... just checking the information... nothing else... and you?”she dared to ask.

“Well, I've come to pick up the announce for the group, look at that,” he actually took off the paper from the board and proudly shew it to her, “I'm sure we're going to find what we're looking for among those people, or girls,” he chuckled, “since they are all girls. I'm really thankful to all of them, I don't have to worry about performing only at with three people now.”

“O-oh that's good,” she said.

“But if you want to join, you'll always be welcome, you know?” she sightly frowned and looked up at him, their eyes locking together, “I haven't forgotten about you and your voice, I still want you to sing a song for me or with me, if you prefer. And, just for you not to forget, I still have your blazer.”

“I don't care anymore,” she shrugged, “I took the one from the year before.”

“I see this,” Hakyeon smirked, “since it's a little bit too short for you it shows your perfect curves even more. I don't want to sound like a ert, but well, you should also wear the skirt you had last year.”

 

He wriggled his brow but she didn't even flinched and kept staring at him with a perfect expressionless face. When he saw his joke wasn't working, he playfully punched her shoulder.

 

“I was supposed to give you your blazer back today but I forgot it at home. If you want you can come to my house after school to grab it,” he said while digging his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

“Well, you can just bring it on tomorrow.”

“Why? Don't you want to come to my house? Are you scared that I am going to-”

 

He stopped because some students (girls) of his class walked past by them. It was only once they were out of sight that he talked again. But Byeol didn't listen to him. He doesn't want the others to see he is talking with you, she thought, all he has done was to play with you. He actually doesn't care about you.

 

“Byeol?” he frowned.

 

She didn't answer since she didn't even know why he was calling for her and she left, intentionally bumping into his shoulder.

 

“Wait! Byeol!”

 

It didn't take him too long before he seized her wrist and forced her to face him.

 

“What happened? Why did you leave so suddenly? I was talking to you.”

“Leave me alone, please,” she sighed.

“Byeol talk to me, I hate when you're doing this! Why are you ignoring me?”

“Leave me alone!” she glared at him and said with an unusual cold voice.

“Did I say something which you didn't like? If it the case you know I didn't mean it!”

 

No, that's exactly the problem, you didn't say anything, she thought but didn't say anything. They stared at each other for a while, seconds which last years for them. Byeol didn't really know what to say or what to do and his eyes hypnotizing her were really bothering and made her felt really uneasy. Was he going to kiss her just like he did at Wonshik's party? At the thought of the kiss, she blushed and she looked down. He was probably drunk at that moment, so she guessed he wasn't remembering it but she remembered everything. He had kissed her first and because she liked it and was desperate after Taekwoon had left with Yoora, she had taken this initiative and had kissed him.

 

“Byeol,” he sighed and did one step closer, “why are you crying?”

 

With her free hand, she rubbed her eyes and indeed, she only remarked at this moment that some tears were rolling down her cheeks. She swept them away and tried to look stronger than she actually was.

 

“Byeol...”

 

Hakyeon's hand finally let go off her wrist to slide to her hand. He took her hand into his and intertwined their fingers before he brought it between them to look at their linked hands. Their hands linked together. He smiled, admired it for a while and then looked at her once again. He leaned a bit forward and when their lips were going to touch, someone called for him. He sighed and stepped back though he didn't get rid of her hand no matter how hard she tried to push him away.

 

“Hakyeon!” Yoora grinned and walked toward them, “have you seen the announce? I put my name on it.”

“I didn't really take a look at it,” he said, “I'm kind of busy right now.”

 

Yoora looked at Byeol, sent her a fake smile which made the girl shivered and then she looked at Hakyeon.

 

“Are you too... together?” she asked.

“What? Oh, yeah,” the head boy nodded, “we are together.”

“W-what? “Byeol's eyes widened, “how so? No! We're not!”

“We are.”

“No! No we're not just-”

 

She pinched the skin of his hand but he didn't even flinched. Yoora frowned and kept looking at them with her arms folded over her chest.

 

“There's no need to lie,” she sightly smirked, “I know you're not really together.”

“But we are!”

“Not! We are not!” Byeol answered.

“Girls don't lie, Hakyeon. Plus, Byeol doesn't even like you so why would she suddenly accept to be with you. Right, Byeol? You like Taekwoon, no?”

 

Hakyeon finally let go of her hand.

 

“N-no I don't like him, I don't like anyone I'm just...”

 

She didn't finish her sentence since she couldn't find the right words to say.

 

“See?” Hakyeon cleared his throat, “she doesn't love him. So now let us alone please.”

“Alright,” Yoora didn't fight and left.

“I'm going too,” Byeol said, “I'm going.”

 

Because she heard footsteps behind her, she wanted to leave even more urgently but Hakyeon once again prevented her from leaving. He put one hand behind her neck, brought their faces against each other and he kissed her. Byeol froze because it felt so sudden but she didn't push him away. It last only a few seconds, not long enough for her, but she didn't say a word when he stepped back.

 

“Don't forget your blazer,” he whispered, did one step back and spoke louder, “I'll see you at my home tonight, right?”

 

He smiled and left. Byeol turned around because she wanted to take the way up to her classroom but then she saw Taekwoon actually staring at her from the door. Her eyes widened, she quickly bowed her head and took the same way Hakyeon had taken.

 

*

 

When Thursday arrived, Byeol stayed at school after classes as usual to play a bit. She knew Hakyeon was busy with the administration so he wouldn't bother her by listening to her from behind the door.

 

She let her too short blazer (because she didn't go to Hakyeon's house, obviously she wasn't going to go) and she also let her bag at the back of the room. She called for Ryeowook who was still in Korea but he was leaving on Saturday. But before leaving, he wanted to hear her play and he especially wanted her to play the partition Hongbin had offered her.

 

She put the partition in front of her, read it quickly since she actually remembered it a bit and she started playing. As usual, Ryeowook didn't say a word and just listened to her while ignoring all the little mistakes she was doing. However, twenty minutes later, she stopped and sighed, defeated.

 

“I really can't play that anymore,” she shook her head and turned her wrists to stretch them a bit, which she should have done before playing, “it has became too complicated.”

“The partition didn't change at all,” Ryeowook laughed, “it just you who lost your dexterity. With a bit of training you'll be able to play it again.”

“Just a nice reminder, oppa,” she smiled sadly, “I don't have anywhere to play.”

“You have,” he said, “you have.”

“Oh... yeah... maybe but... I'm not sure I want to play again...”

“Well, I'm sure you do. Don't hesitate Byeol, just do it.”

“I don't know...” she ran a hand through her hand, “I really don't know...”

“Byeol, you're not going to stop playing right now, are you? Just chose something else and sing this time.”

“Oppa...”

“Come on, I'm waiting.”

 

She sighed but couldn't tell him no. She thought about it for a while and then started playing. Lee Hi's Breath was a nice and lovely song yet, it was really sad and it somehow fit her mood. It didn't last long, but it was just enough to make her smile and to make Ryeowook happy.

 

They stayed on the phone for a while, until she had to left to join her classroom. She didn't forget her stuff this time and when she went out, she saw Taekwoon leaving the corridor. She frowned but didn't really pay attention to him. After all, if she didn't deserve his attention, he didn't deserve hers either.

 

After her night classes, she left the school and walked toward the parking lot where she was supposed to wait for her step-father, but Hakyeon who was leaning against his car stopped her.

 

“I'm taking you home.”

“No thanks my step-father is-”

“I never say I was taking you to your home,” he smirked and opened the door of the passenger seat.

 

She really hesitated but when she saw Taekwoon walking to his own car not so far from them, she entered the car and Hakyeon smiled.

 


Chapter sixteen ! I hope you like it ! Don't forget to leave a comment to tell me what you thought about it !

And I have something to ask: do you perhaps know any good GOT7 fanfic? I'm really into them lately ^^ And if you're writing a fic with them don't hesistate to tell me either, I'll be glad to read it :)

Thx you :)

xx

Mae