Chapter fourteen

Now [Troublemaker]

He didn't wait for her to answer and leaned forward to eagerly pressed his lips against hers.

It was just supposed to be a chaste kiss like two teens kissing under the mistletoe for Christmas. Most of the people who were at the party this night had probably kissed under it since it was next to the front-door (Kim Wonshik was a clever boy). For Hakyeon, this kiss was just supposed to comfort the crying girl and at the same time, he wanted to make her understand how he was feeling about her. It was just a matter of a few seconds, just two pairs of lips pressed on each other. When he stepped back first to look at Byeol's reaction, he expected her to be mad at him and to slap him, he clearly didn't expect her to stood on her tip-toe to reach his lips once again.

When she did kiss him, he immediately answered, not wanting to loose a single seconds of this exchange. He put his hands on her waist to bring her even closer to his body and he deepened the kiss. He guessed it was Byeol's first kiss, since he didn't remember her having any boyfriends at all, and knowing that he was her first kiss made him more than proud. Hakyeon had never been more happier than he actually was while kissing her.

Their kiss tasted like alcohol, since he had drink a bit, but not enough to be considered as drunk and he knew he wasn't going to forget what was just happening to him: definitely not!

 

She was the one to step back to breath again. She looked down to prevent his eyes and put her forehead against his shoulder, her hands still clutching on his shirt. Hakyeon who couldn't help smiling hugged her even more.

 

“Do you want to leave?” he asked her and she nodded, “alright, let's go.”

 

His hand found hers and they both left the house. They walked to Hakyeon's car which was parked in the street a few meters away from Wonshik's house and during the whole ride, none of them said a word. Hakyeon kept looking at Byeol from the corner of his eyes, hiding his smile behind his hand, and Byeol kept looking at the landscape from outside the window.

He didn't ask for her address, since he knew where she was living anyway. He parked in front her house and turned to her.

 

“Thank you,” she smiled shyly, an obvious blush on her cheeks.

 

She left the car and Hakyeon opened the window.

 

“Have a good night, Byeol.”

“You too, sunbae.”

 

He waved and looked at her entering her house without looking back at him. He also went back to his home and once he reached his bedroom, he shouted and giggled like an idiot.

 

“Finally!” he laughed, “finally!!”

 

*

 

“Byeol, you're early,” her mother frowned when she entered the house, “what happened?”

“Nothing.”

“Byeol.”

“I'm going at Kyuhyun's house tonight,” the young girl sighed and faced her mother, “I'll stay with Ryeowook oppa.”

“No way you're going,” her mother scoffed and folded her arms over her chest, “I'm not letting you sleep in a house where a soon-to-be thirty years old man lives.”

“I thought you were sick and tired of me being a child, so I'm leaving for the night, like an adult,” Byeol snorted and went to her bedroom.

 

Since she already knew she wasn't going to sleep at her house for the night before the party, she had prepared her bag a few hours ago. Downstairs, her mother and step-father were arguing about her, her step-father saying she could go since Ryeowook would be there with her anyway, but her mother was answering that she wasn't old enough to sleep at someone's else house. Byeol didn't even look at them when she left, her bag on his back, and she put her earphones to listen to some music while walking alone in the dark and the cold. She didn't mind though.

Kyuhyun wasn't living too far from her house by car, but by foot, it took her quite a lot of times and she even had to give up on walking all the way up to his house and took the bus. When she finally arrived, she knocked on the door shyly but she couldn't help smiling: she was more than happy to spend some time with her older brother and she didn't mind his friend being there. Everything was better than her house. Kyuhyun opened the door, welcomed her whom he considered to be her little sister since he had seen her grew up and he let her entered his messy house (for his defense, he was a busy man and didn't have time to clean and tidy it).

As soon as she entered the living room where Ryeowook was, lazily lying on the sofa while watching TV and eating pizza, he stood up and hugged her tightly.

 

“Oppa,” she giggled, “I can't breath...”

“Sorry not sorry.”

 

He stepped back and kissed her forehead.

 

“So, how was your party? Did it go well?”

“Hum,” she nodded, “it was alright.”

“Nobody bothered you, right?”

“No,” she faked a smile and sightly looked away, “not at all.”

 

He frowned, knowing she was lying but didn't ask for more since Kyuhyun was there. By the way, the owner of the little house let her changed her clothes into the bathroom and she came back to the living room with them wearing gray sweatpants and a blue pull-over she had borrowed to Hongbin.

 

“Did you drink?” her older brother started questioning her.

“One beer only and I didn't even like it.”

“Did you smoke?”

“Obviously not,” she shook her head.

“So what did you do?”

“Did you dance?” Kyuhyun asked her.

“No, I don't like to dance.”

“So what?”

“Well I... hum... I talked with people and then I listened to some music and I spent some times in the garden to look at the sky and then-”she stopped and frowned, memories still fresh in her mind.

“And then...?” Ryeowook hurried her.

“Nothing,” she shook her head and let out a sigh, “nothing. I just went back home.”

“She's a bad liar,” her older brother sighed, defeated, while looking at his best friend who simply smile.

“Just as bad as you.”

“Yah!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed along with Byeol who liked to see her brother smiling and enjoying his time but deep inside her, she felt guilty of being with him while he could have spend some times alone with his best friend. Maybe he had never wanted to see her this night and yet she invited herself, probably ruining the night they may have planned. Somehow, she felt like wanting to go home.

 

“Byeol?”

“Huh?” she snapped back to reality and looked at her brother.

“You should go to bed, you seem really tired.”

“N-no I'm fine.”

“Are you sure?”

 

She smiled to reassure him and all he did was shrugging before speaking to Kyuhyun once again.

 

*

 

She actually fell asleep not even thirty minutes later, her head resting on Ryeowook's laps. The young man (who wasn't this young after all, he only had two years left before being thirty) watched her struggled to say awake before she finally gave up and closed her eyes. Kyuhyun had already planned everything from the moment he had invited Byeol to spend the night at his home for her to be with her brother since he was fleeing his mother like the plague, so he had tidied and cleaned his room for her. Since he was way stronger than Ryeowook, he was the one who carried Byeol bridal-style and he lay her on his bed, covering her body with the bedsheets.

Once he was back on the sofa, Ryeowook lay by his side, his head resting on his laps. The younger one smiled and put his hand on Ryeowook's waist.

 

“You didn't tell her you were going to come back and live here yet, did you?”

“I didn't have the chance to do so,” Ryeowook yawned, “I'm planning on telling her for Christmas.”

“It's in two days.”

“I know, I want it to be a real surprise for her.”

“Believe me, she's going to be surprised for sure. I mean, when you're around her, she is smiling and she is talking, as if she was another person. Byeol is probably going to live again when you are by her side. I mean... She isn't even shy anymore when you're with her.”

“I know, it's crazy.”

 

Silence.

 

“Hey, Wook,” Kyuhyun poked his friend's cheek, “you know... you've never told me what happened to her.”

“Hum?” Ryeowook frowned.

“Well, why did she stop playing the piano and singing?”

“Oh... that,” the older one simply shrugged, “it's... it's not really important.”

“Wook...” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

“No really it's... it's in the past now. It doesn't matter anymore.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed, somehow used to this answer, but once again, he was left unsatisfied.

 

He wanted to know what had happened to Byeol.

And he wasn't the only one who wanted to know.

 


Simple chapter, short chapter, I don't really have something to say about this.

Thank you very much to all of you who subscribed, we're already 18 and it's really amazing, thank you very much :)

Thx 

xx 

Mae