Chapter twelve

Now [Troublemaker]

 They went back to Seoul the next day. When they arrived on the school's parking, most of the parents were already there to welcome back their children. Byeol looked around to look for her step-dad or Hongbin, or even maybe for her mother even though she was still mad at her but nobody was there to welcome her. So she stayed by the school’s gates, sitting on her suitcase and looking at all the other students going back home to start the two weeks holidays they had since it was Christmas in only a few days. When she really started to get cold, she put on her beany and her gloves, and covered half of her face her scarf so that only her eyes were still showing. Half of the teachers left too, but Byeol's homeroom teacher couldn't leave while they were still students waiting for their families. So he had to wait with Byeol, and Hakyeon, as the head boy, decided to stay too.

 

“Kim Byeol,” her teacher sighed after half an hour, “when is your family coming?”

 

She shrugged because she didn't know either. She tried to call for them but none of them answered. An hour later again, when she couldn't move her fingers and couldn't feel her toes inside her shoes, Hongbin called for her.

 

“F-finally!” she stuttered when she picked up, “where are you?”

“You need to go at the airport right now.”

“What? Why?”

“Just come. Take a cab and go to Incheon.”

“But I don't have no money! Hongbin please come here and pick me up!”

“I can't! Hurry up!”

 

He hung up before she could answer. She stood up, her whole body shaking because of the cold.

 

“I'll be going now, I have to meet them at the airport.”

“Kim Byeol,” her teacher sighed, “I just can't let you go by yourself.”

“But... they can't come here, I... I have no one to take me home.”

“I'll go with her,” Hakyeon stepped next to her and put his arms around her waist, “you can go home, teacher, I'll take care of her.”

“Are you sure?” Byeol's teacher frowned, “I can't normally do that.”

“No one will ever know, it's just the three of us. And you know you can trust me.”

“Well, you're right, you're the head boy after all,” her teacher laughed and picked up his suitcase, “then, students, have a good rest during these two weeks.”

“Thank you, you too, teacher,” Hakyeon answered while Byeol just bowed her head.

 

He quickly left and disappeared inside his car.

 

“Let's go now,” Hakyeon smiled at the young girl.

 

She nodded and followed him, both dragging their suitcases behind them. Hakyeon pulled out keys out of his pockets, pressed a button and suddenly, lights from a black car from a foreign brand . He opened the trunk and shoved both suitcases in it, before he opened the door from the passenger seat and asked her to go in it. She silently thank him, being like paralyzed and sat. A few seconds later, he sat behind the wheel and the engine, but also the heater. The contrast between extreme coldness and sudden hotness made her shivered.

 

“So, where do you need to go?”

“Incheon airport,” she mumbled.

“Really?” he asked, surprised, “why?”

“I-I don't know, Hongbin just told me to go there.”

“Alright, then let's go.”

 

She lay her head against the seat and tried to stay awake during the ride. Hakyeon didn't talk to her but sightly sang the songs which were broadcast on the radio. Half an hour later, they finally arrived on the airport's parking so they went out off the car where once again, the coldness of the night welcomed them. Hakyeon took her suitcase from the trunk and when she was about to take it, he refused, asking her to call for her brother to know where he was precisely since the airport was a huge maze. She listened to him and while they were walking side by side toward the main entrance, she indeed called for Hongbin.

 

“Where are you?” she asked.

“Third terminal, and you?”

“We've just entered the building right now.”

“We?!”

“Cha Hakyeon sunbae drove me there.”

“Oh... alright, that's nice from him. Just hurry up now.”

 

Byeol nodded and hang up.

 

“I know where they are,” she stepped in front of Hakyeon, “you can go home now, I don't want to bother you any more.”

“No, I'll go with you until I'm sure you're with your family.”

“You don't have to do-”

“Come on,” he took her hand and forced her to walk.

 

They went to the third terminal after they crossed the first and second floor, walked up four stairs and took the lift twice. Once they finally found the terminal, Byeol saw Hongbin, her mother and Cho Kyuhyun, Ryeowook's best friend, all waiting. Hakyeon let go of Byeol's hand when they were near her family and stayed in the background.

 

“Oppa!” Byeol smiled and bowed her head at Kyuhyun, “what are you doing here?”

 

He smiled too, didn't answer and took her in his arms. From his spot, Hakyeon looked at him with knitted brows.

 

“It's been a long time, huh?” he pinched her red cheeks.

 

She nodded.

 

*

 

Hongbin, who had been surprised while hearing that Byeol had came to the airport with Cha Hakyeon, was even more astonished when he actually saw Cha Hakyeon following Byeol, dragging her suitcase like a gentleman. He looked at the head boy staying far away from them all, only staring at Byeol who ran to Kyuhyun, all smiling and joyful. When Kyuhyun and Byeol started to chat a bit, Hongbin went toward the senior, greeting him with his most beautiful smile.

 

“Hakyeon sunbae,” he said and bowed his head, “thank you for driving Byeol here.”

“Oh no no need to thanks me, it's normal,” Hakyeon smiled politely, “and just call me Hakyeon.”

 

Hongbin nodded and stayed next to him for him not to be alone.

 

“Can... can I ask you a question?”

“Hum,” Hongbin nodded, “sure.”

“Who is coming? Why was it so important for Byeol to be here?”

“Oh! That! Her older brother Kim Ryeowook should be landing in a few minutes now. He is going to spend Christmas with us but she didn't know about it and I don't think she even realized why she is here or even why is Cho Kyuhyun here. He's Ryeowook's best friend,” Hongbin explained him.

“Oh... alright,” Hakyeon nodded, “she is surely going to love this surprise.”

“I'm sure she will.”

 

At this moment, a lot of people came from the big door.

 

*

 

When Byeol heard a lot of muffled voices behind her, she frowned and turned around, wondering why they were suddenly so many people coming from the door.

 

“The plane landed a while ago,” Kyuhyun smiled and her, his arms around her shoulder.

“W-who is coming?” she frowned, lost.

 

He chuckled and told her to wait. She looked at her left where Hongbin and Hakyeon were both looking at her and she blushed while looking away, concentrating on the massive crowd of people surrounding them. A few minutes later, when she finally started to wonder why was she here, she caught a glimpse of a face she knew quite far from her. She froze, her heart suddenly starting to race into her chest and she looked straight in front of her, wondering if she had dreamed or not.

And then, she saw him. He was slaloming between the people blocking his way, dragging a big red suitcase behind him. Kyuhyun let go of her and she did one step forward, a big smile unconsciously forming on her face. In front of her, he was also smiling, his big white smile blinding her. Contrary to the last time she had seen him, his hair were dyed in light brown and a few bangs were covering his eyes, and yet, she easily recognized him. He was still the same, as handsome and cute as ever. He stopped only two steps in front of her, let his suitcase behind him and waved.

 

“Hi!” Ryeowook smiled, “guess who's back for Christmas?”

 

Byeol started to cry and didn't even care about the people looking at her when jumped on her older brother, hugging him tightly. Ryeowook circled his arms around her back and brought her even closer, tears running silently on his cheeks too.

 

“You're here,” she sobbed, “you're here!”

 

When he finally let go of her, he cupped her face to look closely at her, admiring all of her sweet features they were sharing.

 

“I can't believe you're here,” she couldn't stop smiling and crying at the same time, “you are really here with me.”

“I am and I came back only for you,” he chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“Hey,” someone laughed behind them, “you didn't even come here to see your friends?”

 

Ryeowook laughed and greeted his best friend. The young man didn't even spare a glance at his mother and waved at Hongbin who waved back.

 

“Who is the boy next to Hongbin?” Ryeowook asked his sister.

“It's Cha Hakyeon, a sunbae.”

“What is he doing here?”

“He drove me there.”

“Oh? Really?” she nodded and Ryeowook elbowed her playfully, “you've got a lot to tell me, sis!”

“Yah!” she pouted.

“You should see him out, Byeol,” her mother whispered by their side and only received cold glares from both of her children, “it's getting late. This poor boy needs to go home too.”

“But...” she sighed and looked at her older brother.

“Just go, I'll be there when you'll come back.”

 

She painfully nodded and quickly walked toward Hakyeon and Hongbin.

 

“I'll be going,” the head boy said, “now that I know you're safe.”

“Let me accompany you to your car,” she smiled.

“No you don't have to, just stay with your brother and-”

“Let's go now,” she chuckled and passed by him.

 

Hakyeon frowned and shrugged at Hongbin who simply smiled and bowed his head. Hakyeon bowed his head at the adults too, not wanting to be disrespectful and he quickly followed Byeol. None of them said a word until they finally reached the car. Byeol bowed her head and smiled at him (but not with her usual forced smile she was doing just to be polite, it was a real sincere and beautiful smile).

 

“Thank you very much for driving me there.”

“It was my pleasure,” he smiled too.

“Be careful on the road, alright? Just enjoy your holidays and have a merry Christmas!”

“You too, Byeol.”

 

She grinned and waved before jogging to the main door where her brother was waiting for her.

Hakyeon smiled, surprised but happy at the same time by her sudden change of behavior toward him and went back to his home, his smile never leaving his lips.

 

*

 

Later in the night, when Hakyeon was ready to go to bed after a warm shower, he received a text message. He wondered who it could possibly be and opened the message to see Hyuk's name popping on top of the screen.

 

From: Hyukki

Are you going at Kim Wonshik's party on Sunday?

 

Hakyeon frowned and answered.

 

To: Hyukki

No, why?

 

From: Hyukki

Well, someone told me Kim Byeol was going to be there. So... you know... see you there ;)

 

Hakyeon rolled his eyes and didn't answer. Yet, he knew he was going to go to this party in the end. 

 


Ohoh! So they are going to go to the party, just saying ;)

I'm in fact really excited about the next chapter.

But for now, I just hoped you liked this one (if so, then please leave me a comment and you can also ask me any questions you have about the story or even me, I'll be please to answer).

Thank you to all of you who subscribed :) (new subscribers and upvotes are welcomed ;) )

Thx

xx

Mae