4.

Don't Mind About Them

 

Yoongi didn't dare to move. 

He kept his eyes forward, not wanting to look around in case his eyes would accidentally meet Namjoon's. The latter had said nothing when they met again, not even meeting his eyes when Yoongi tried to silently greet him.

It hurt, it really did. But Yoongi knew better than to act on it and only took it as a sign to back off. After all, wasn't it his fault in the first place? Not that it really mattered. Everything was always Yoongi's fault anyway, no matter the situation.

He sighed. His vision was slightly blurry and unstable, his neck hurt and his stomach was rumbling from starvation. It was a miracle he even got there.

When Namjoon had left, Yoongi crumpled. This was the end of everything he had tried to keep in his life, he just knew that. Namjoon hated him now and he couldn't even claim the feeling wasn't justified.

The house was left eerily quiet and even if it was usual due to Namjoon's hectic schedule, it had suddenly felt too suffocating. Yoongi was supposed to be used to it by now, but this time it just felt so different and just so damn horrible.

Maybe it felt that way because he knew it wasn't about the schedules this time, because he knew that Namjoon had walked out on his own two feet and hadn't returned for two days now. 

He broke down. 

He didn't sleep. He didn't eat. He did nothing. He just laid on his bed, numb and lethargic. Was this the end of them now, he would ask himself again and again, and a sneering voice would always counter back, saying that he deserved it, it was all his fault. He was just so ing stupid that he had messed up again and lost the one friend he had left.

Yet somehow that was exactly the reason Yoongi couldn't just simply give up. He thought he wouldn't care about one more person hating him anymore, especially a friend he had already felt like he had lost, but somewhere deep inside of him was this tiny spark of hope that told him to snap out of it left. 

Namjoon was different, Namjoon used to be his friend. Could he really turn his back on him like this?

He had to meet Namjoon himself if he wanted to be sure of the answer. He needed to be able to face him for one more time, just to check that what if, what if Yoongi wasn't that despicable after all? What if he still stood a chance with someone?

He couldn't sleep even if he should have. It really was a miracle he had been able to drag his body there, functioning solely by coffee, energy bars and choco pies. His chest hurt a bit every once in a while, maybe he had overdosed with the caffeine a bit, but as long as he didn't get a heart attack, he'd be fine.

But now he started doubting if this was all for nothing after all. He didn't even dare to just ask if Namjoon really had a problem with him or not, but from what he could decipher from their meeting, Namjoon didn't seem to like him. At all. In fact, he didn't seem to be able to even bare the sight of him.

How ing fantastic.

But looking on the bright side, maybe Namjoon would finally get what he deserved; He'd shoot up to the stardom with his solo work without Yoongi slowing him down.

He was nothing more than an extra baggage no one ever asked for anyway. Without him, Namjoon would finally receive the fame he couldn't get with him around.

Namjoon deserved it, he was a great guy. He was the sole reason Yoongi ever even got into this business. He had up a deal with the agency interested in him, saying that if he came, Yoongi would come too.

But really, he should've just left him behind like any other sane person would've done. They'd both have been spared from this.

Yoongi snapped out of his thoughts when Namjoon stood up all of a sudden. Figuring it must've been their turn to go, Yoongi stood up, too, to follow after the younger.

But by the door Namjoon stopped and looked over his shoulder.

"Don't follow me," was all he said, the first words he had spoken to Yoongi in days, and Yoongi stopped.

It was actually amazing he could even register what the other had said. He could feel his head getting heavier and his thoughts turning foggy. The exhaustion and lack of both nutrition and sleep was finally taking its toll despite all the caffeine.

He could barely think properly but it was a temporary relief from his self degrading thoughts, he realized as he idly stood where Namjoon had left him, staring down at the feet that passed by him, vision swaying.

It was no wonder when it took him a minute too long to realize something was suddenly obstructing his sight of the floor. He blinked, waiting for his brains to recognize whatever the hell was there now. The scent hit him first: A choco pie, he soon gathered and he let out a chuckle.

He really had no reason to find it funny but he had already lost the feeling of sanity. He was just too out of his mind to even realize when someone took him by his arm and started dragging him along, eyes too focused on the treat he had basically lived by to get there. 

And nothing but the choco pie really mattered to him at the moment. He didn't even care about the hand offering it nor did he even question where he was and was he suddenly sitting? Whatever, it didn't matter. None of it did. He just wanted this feeling to stop.

"Eat," an unknown voice said and Yoongi didn't resist when someone finally pushed the choco pie to his mouth.

He devoured it in a few bites and sighed contently as he leaned his head back, letting it meet against the wall. He closed his eyes, wanting to rest for a while, even for a second. The silence was calming him down.

"Are you feeling any better now?" the voice asked him.

Yoongi's eyes snapped open and he cursed himself for being so careless because , he was with someone. Right... Treats didn't just float in the air and let him be satisfied with them just because he felt awful. Where did he think he was, at Hogwarts? 

He sighed. He was ed now, wasn't he? How could he let himself to fall into a condition where just anyone could drag him with them, especially when he knew exactly what kind of reputation he had?

Not wanting to get involved with anyone at the moment, he shifted uncomfortably and tried to get the situation over with an almost inaudible "thanks". Maybe they hadn't seen who he was yet? Maybe he could get out of this. The stranger didn't seem to be up to anything but Yoongi couldn't be so sure.

As if sensing the tense atmosphere, the man cleared his throat.

"I'm Taehyung by the way," he introduced himself even though Yoongi didn't ask him to. "Kim Taehyung."

Yoongi shifted again. He tried not to turn his face to the other, silently wishing that "Taehyung" would leave him alone without a bigger fuss about it. He was far too tired to put up a fight if someone wanted to harm him.

Where was he even, he finally wondered, warily eyeing the surroundings as much as he could while trying not to show his face too much. He was quick to recognize the dim lights, cold stairs and the green lighted sign on top of the door - he was at his usual hideout, the emergency exit.

Well, at least he knew where he was now. All he needed then was that Taehyung guy gone. But now that he thought about it, the name sounded a bit familiar for some reason. Had he heard someone mention it lately?

Yoongi soon shrugged it off. He didn't care, he needed to sleep. He managed to close his eyes again when the guy bothered him, again.

"You shouldn't sleep here. Should I go get Namjoon for you?"

Yoongi wanted to scoff at that but all he could muster was a small huff. Namjoon wouldn't care even if he was dying there at the moment.

But wait, why did that Taehyung guy even know Namjoon? Ah, right. Namjoon was the loved one, he forgot for a second. Silly him. It only made sense.

But caring for Yoongi sure didn't.

He opened his eyes to scrutinize Taehyung. The name really did ring a bell but he couldn't exactly pinpoint where he had heard it before. He usually didn't bother with names in the first place because he barely needed to use any but-

Hold up. His name was Kim Taehyung? As in the Kim Taehyung Namjoon had mentioned that one night? The one that was most probably behind all of this?

Because Yoongi had been thinking - he had too much time to do that anyway - why did Namjoon suddenly know? Why did he suddenly mention someone named Taehyung out of the blue and then the next day come to him, asking him why he did what he did? Why did it all suddenly just blow up like that?

Yoongi might have been dubbed as dumb but he wasn't an idiot. Someone tipped him off and Yoongi had no other lead than Taehyung's name. And now that guy was standing there, hovering over him and acting as if he cared. It wasn't hard to connect the dots, really.

"Who are you?" he forced himself to ask through gritted teeth. It was more than likely that this kid had something to do with his ruined life. And Yoongi didn't appreciate it, not one bit.

Taehyung, confused, pointed at himself. "I'm Kim Taehyung. I thought I said it already...? I'm your fan."

If Yoongi wasn't as pissed off as he was, he'd roll his eyes and laugh his off. A fan? As if. That kid basically ruined his life and he was just smiling all teeth in front of him, as if taking pride in his achievement.

He should be proud. He really did destroy Yoongi this time. He should go back to his little hater friends and brag about what he did. He had every right to do so. After all, Yoongi finally felt defeated.

 

_____

 

Yoongi had probably missed his stage but no one had come looking for him anyway while he was trapped in the emergency exit with a possible psycho. In fact, he might as well be poisoned for having eaten something a stranger had offered to him. Knowing the stigma he seemed to carry around, he wouldn't be that surprised if it actually happened.

He didn't really care. He just left home once his feet felt stable enough to carry his whole weight. Taehyung had left him a while earlier, maybe he was bored because he didn't entertain him enough, or maybe he had better things to do than to just watch Yoongi fall into his thoughts. It didn't really matter. 

The walk back felt like it took forever. Being in the condition he was, Yoongi didn't really possess the energy to move any faster and his slow, dragging steps took thrice the amount of time it would usually take.

But why would he even need to hurry? Who would wait for him at home anyway? No one. He got no one now. He didn't even like himself. He really should've patted Taehyung's head and complimented him for doing such a good job trying to ruin his life.

When he finally reached the door, he opened it, not really expecting anything. Bright lights hit his already sensitive eyes and he groaned, intuitively bringing a hand to cover his sight as he turned his head away.

"What the...?"

But then it hit him. The lights were on and he was the only one coming home.

Namjoon?

He felt his eyes widen and he stumbled in. Was he back? Were they going to be okay now after all?

It was foolish to have hope but Yoongi had nothing else left anymore. He dropped everything from his hands and forced his legs to walk faster to the living room, where he could see the back of a head peeking from behind the couch.

Namjoon?

But once the figure stood up, startled by his loud entrance, Yoongi could clearly see it wasn't Namjoon. Disappointment washed over him. No, it really wasn't Namjoon, not even close. Why would he even come back there? He had no reason to.

Then who the hell was this man he had never seen in his life and why was he there, just casually killing Yoongi from inside the nth time that day? If this was part of the plan Taehyung had all along, then he sure as hell would-

"Hello, I'm Kim Seokjin," the man introduced himself without Yoongi even bothering to ask him, much like Taehyung had done too. The name itself said absolutely nothing to him but then again, neither did Taehyung's at first and he was the real devil in disguise.

Yoongi had known something was up when Namjoon mentioned a name he hadn't heard before that night. Maybe this was a similar case, just pure pain wrapped in a beautiful package.

Yoongi scoffed. He wouldn't even be surprised if the Death himself would come and mock him, keeping him alive for many, many years to come and just popping for a visit every now and then just to laugh at his face.

Again, Yoongi didn't ask, but the man before him seemed to think explaining himself was somewhat necessary. Really though, Yoongi couldn't find a single to give anymore. Maybe he was about to rob him, maybe he was a serial killer, it was all the same. He couldn't care less.

"I'm... Namjoon's boyfriend."

A beat later a familiar voice resounded from behind him, "Hey Jin-"

Yoongi tensed before slowly turning around, staring right at Namjoon that didn't turn his gaze away this time.

Yoongi didn't say anything, and neither did he. The silence grew longer and longer, it was almost unbearable, but Yoongi didn't open his mouth. He didn't dare to.

Seokjin looked between the two old friends and then sighed, "Okay, you two seriously need to talk."

 

----

So... Real life issues are no good reason to slack off for some, and I admit it, there was some reluctancy and laziness there too. There's just been a lot of things going on in my family from being laid off to financial problems and even more serious health problems. And I've been chasing away what people think of as depression but I'd rather call it 'inability to get stuff done'. I mean, I have issues with finishing just about anything.

Anywayyy.... I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please subscribe to stay updated and leave a comment if you liked it! I luv all ma li'l readers mwah