2.

Don't Mind About Them

 

Min Yoongi didn't want to be there.

Everyone was so busy going around, rushing back and forth to get ready for their stages and applying the finishing touches on their looks right before they went up. They all just looked so... occupied.

Yoongi himself stayed rooted to the corner spot by the table that offered water bottles for those that wanted, silently watching them. It looked exhausting. Yoongi hadn't had anything else but his own personal demons to battle with these days, so all the hassle around him was giving him a headache.

If anything, at least people were too busy to care if he stood there or not. Yet still some seemed to find the time to send him a nasty glare, or even a scoff in some cases, when they fetched a bottle of water and saw him standing there.

One staff member had even gone as far as taking the bottle Yoongi had reached for from his hands and left without a word or any sign of acknowledgement.

Now he wasn't sure if he was even allowed to drink or was he there to just hand them over. It was a miracle someone even wanted to take something he had previously touched in the first place.

Excited noises drew his attention to the the side of the stage where Namjoon was surrounded by some idols flashing their perfect white smiles at him. They were all eager to talk to him and he was busy politely trying to return the amount of attention he was receiving.

Yoongi looked at him out of pure curiosity. He would probably never stop wondering what was so different about them.

What made Namjoon the king of the world, someone whose fans kissed the ground he walked on? And what made Yoongi the filthiest of them all, someone whose grave they would spit on if he was to die?

Really, what was it? Were they really that different? Were they born on different planets or something? Because sometimes Yoongi thought that that must be it. Maybe he came from hell.

Suddenly Namjoon seemed to notice his existence hidden in the corner and he flashed him a smile before telling the others he had to go. Why bother? He could stay there and chat with people that seemed to really want it. Why come to Yoongi?

"I should have figured you would be in a corner somewhere," Namjoon said with a chuckle.

Yoongi his lower lip as bitter thoughts filled his mind again. How considerate of him to notice such a fact about him but still be too dense to realize why. No matter how amusing or upsetting it might have been, Yoongi had no real reason to tell him about it. He was used to being by himself after all.

"I guess we're up soon," Namjoon said as he reached for a bottle on the table, not minding the silence.

"Yeah," Yoongi muttered as he glanced around. No one was paying any attention to Namjoon even if he took a bottle. He was just torturing himself with the hope that they did, because that would make him feel less like an outsider.

With a sigh he moved his gaze back on Namjoon, taking in his co-worker's appearance. Yoongi wouldn't exactly call either of them handsome but many seemed to think Namjoon was.

Namjoon had a blonde hair and a face that looked like he was actually sleeping with his eyes open, but some took it as him being deep in thought. He was only couple centimeters taller than Yoongi but the height difference seemed bigger due to their different fame.

Yoongi had a blonde hair too. He had a blonde fringe while Namjoon had the sides of his head cut short and the hair on top of his head was left longer. Yoongi's face was smaller than his but there was never a smile on his face and he looked like he was frowning all the time.

They were similar in a way but still so damn different.

Namjoon was just so out there while Yoongi was sure that if he went to talk to those people that talked with Namjoon, they'd scream and run away, afraid that he'd taint their image.

He must have committed a huge fraud in his past life. Maybe he killed someone? Yoongi shook his head. Thinking about these things wasn't good for his mental health. He'd drive himself insane before he'd get any of his answers.

"Give me a sip?" he asked to distract himself. He was thirsty as hell after all. Maybe he was allowed to drink if Namjoon was the one that gave the water to him?

Namjoon glanced at the table full of unopened bottles and then back at him, but Yoongi just shrugged to hide his discomfort, "I'm just too lazy to open a new one."

A second after he got a swig, they were called on stage.

 

______

 

Yoongi took a deep breath in and slowly blew it all out. Well, it wasn't that bad right? He didn't hear someone insulting him while he was doing his job. That must have meant something, right?

"Hey, do you mind heading back first? There's something I need to do," Namjoon said next to him.

Yoongi cocked his head to the side and shrugged, "Suit yourself."

"All right, I'll be home before it gets too late, I swear."

Yoongi rolled his eyes at him. "Sure, sure," he said and dismissed the smiling Namjoon with a wave of his hand. After a deep sigh he gathered his stuff and left alone, ready to spend his night in silence.

Namjoon took a last, affirming look back before heading towards the place he had promised to be at, a wide smile adorning his face. It didn't take him long to find the place he was looking for and the next thirty minutes passed by in a blink.

"Namjoon! Hey! Namjoon, hey, wait! Waaaait!"

Namjoon could hear someone yelling behind him as he was about to leave but he didn't pay that much attention to it. The backstage was always noisy and full of people after all. However he immediately halted as he felt a hand on his shoulder and quickly turned around to see a man doubled over, catching his breath.

"Na... Namjoon..."

"Hi?"

He couldn't recognize the other person and it unnerved him. Just to make sure he was playing it safe, he looked around, searching for anyone he could call over if he had to fend off someone dangerous. Fortunately a lot of people seemed to still be around.

Relieved, he cleared his throat, "Yes? Do I know you?"

"Ah!" the other exclaimed and stood up properly. Namjoon would have preferred he stayed lowered after the black haired stranger straightened himself to his full length. "I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. You know Yoongi, right?"

"Yeah," Namjoon answered a bit hesitantly.

The tall young man, Kim Taehyung, smiled widely, showing his perfect row of teeth as he did so. "Great! Could you tell him that I heard what happened and that I'm really sorry for him?"

Namjoon frowned, "Do we even know you?"

Taehyung hummed in thought, "Well, I wouldn't know about that. Have you listened to my songs? I'm a singer. A solo singer."

Only then did Namjoon notice the mic in his hands and the make up that was completed with his hairdo. An idol, Namjoon thought, puzzled. What the heck did they have to do with an idol like him?

"Sorry," Namjoon said with an awkward smile. "I can't say I know you."

Taehyung just nodded and waved him off, "It's not that important anyway. Just tell Yoongi that I'm sorry to hear what happened. Is he really okay?"

"Why wouldn't he be?" 

He was starting to get annoyed because he had no idea what the big deal with Yoongi was. Apparently something had happened? Yoongi hadn't said there was anything wrong with him lately though. He couldn't recall Yoongi even mentioning someone called Taehyung either. Did this kid and Yoongi have a fight or something?

Taehyung gave him a look he couldn't understand before smiling ever so widely again, "Just tell him what I said. I'll be there for him if he needs some support."

"Thanks?"  

After seemingly having said what he wanted to say in the first place, Taehyung left and Namjoon didn't really think that much about it until he finally got home.

He saw Yoongi laying on the sofa, a mess of trashes and fast food beside him and a phone in his hands.

"Hey, do you know someone called Kim Taehyung?" he asked carefully.

Yoongi turned his head to him and scrunched his nose at the unfamiliar name, "No. Should I?"

Namjoon stayed silent as he looked at him, this time it looked like he really was deep in his thoughts.

Yoongi's calm mood took a turn around and his heart started beating faster all of a sudden. Why did Namjoon ask that? Had something happened? Did it involve him? Did... did someone tell him about the broadcast? Was it that person he just mentioned? Was he his hater? He must have been, that was all Yoongi got after all.

Yoongi sat up to take a better look at his friend. , they didn't do anything to Namjoon, did they? He quickly scanned his friend from head to toes but couldn't see a scratch. Which was actually odd considering Namjoon's clumsy personality.

But at least he didn't look traumatized. Besides, everyone loved Namjoon. They wouldn't be able to harm him. So what was it? What happened? Was everything okay?

"Thought so," Namjoon hummed after a while of tormenting silence and just simply shrugged. "Well, I'm going to bed. See ya."

But Yoongi couldn't calm down. All he could think was that something must have happened, and that something had made Namjoon ask him about it.

The possibilities were endless and none of them were comfortable enough for him to just close his eyes and stop thinking about it. Nothing involving him and other people was ever good.

That night Yoongi didn't sleep at all.

 

----

In the end I updated after my finals. I actually had this almost done before them and I thought I'd finish it sooner but didn't, sorry. I had a mini breakdown for couple days because I thought I had just fcked up my graduation, which I hadn't, but after the exam I feel like I've messed it up again and I'll have to start school all over again.

So... Yup.

But that's not why you're here. Thank you for reading ^^ (Do subscribe to stay updated). 

P.S. Thanks for Jay reading through my again (tho not proof reading). Luv ya guuurl.