The First Dinner Date

One Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Elise's POV~

Ever since I met Kyuhyun, my heart couldn't stop beating. I couldn't stop smiling either. One night, I had a dream that Kyuhyun was my date to the school dance. We were dancing the waltz the whole night long. Everyone was watching us but we didn't notice. Then, the moment the music began to slow down, we stare at each other. We were leaning forward.

But just as I was beginning to dream about the best part, the alarm rang. Oh darn it! The alarm ruined my dream. I wish I could sleep longer. But I better wake up on time for school. I check my cellphone and I got one message. It was from Kyuhyun!

 

"Hi, Elise. I hope I'm not bothering you. I'm free tonight. Wanna go out for dinner? You can recommend me any great restaurants here in town. Please reply me if you're interested. Bye."

 

The message was written in Korean. Fortunately, I can read hangul. There was a knock on my door. "Sis! Hurry up and get down now! Breakfast is ready!" the voice called. It was my brother, Soohyun. I said okay loudly as I quickly text Kyuhyun back, telling him I can come. I kept my cellphone in my bag and left my room. 

"Mom," I called. Mom looked up from her meal. "Yes, baby?" she responded. "Kyuhyun invited me to go out tonight. Can I go?" I asked. "Of course you can, sweetheart. But don't come home late at night. It's a school night, remember?" mom replied. "Some people are lucky," said Sooyeon, feeling envious. I nudge her arm. "Don't worry. Your time will come soon."

Since I got a car, I don't need Teresa to pick me up anymore. I drove straight to school after breakfast. Teresa greeted me at my locker. "Hi there. I heard you helped Kyuhyun to get away from the stampede of crazy girls that day." I nod my head as I close my locker door. "How did it go with your dream boy? I wanna hear everything," Teresa said excitedly. "I wanna know if love has bloom in yet."

"Teresa, we just met. Love can't just bloom in yet. It takes time. And whether he likes me or not is important. If he just want to be friends with me, there's no point in loving him," I said. 

"Do you think you're alright being his friend instead of girlfriend?" Teresa shot a question.

"I'm fine with it. Even if he's a super star," I replied with a smile. The bell rung. It was time for class. "I'll see you during lunch time," I told her. "Sure thing. We'll continue our story about Kyuhyun later," said Teresa. I laughed as I head inside the classroom.

 

Lunch time came. Teresa and I took our seat with our tray of food. I told her about the Kyuhyun incident and she listened with interest. "Wow! It sounds so romantic. Just you and him alone in your mom's cafe." I laughed with agreement. "We had a great chat too. We didn't even notice the time."

"By the way, I'm having a potluck dinner tonight. Want to come?" asked Teresa.

"I'd love to but I'm going out with Kyuhyun for dinner," I kindly deny her invitation. 

"Aww! That's too bad. Oh well. Better to hang out with a star. It's not everytime you can take your star out for dinner," said Teresa. "The potluck comes every year."

 

After school is over, I head straight for home and shower up, knowing that I have dinner. I went to my wardrobe to choose what kind of outfit I should wear. "Hi, sweetheart. I just came to drop your clean clothes," mom greeted me with a pile of clean clothes. She must be doing the laundry while we were away. "No work today, mom?" I asked.

"I left early today to do the chores. The laundry basket is all piled up with dirty clothes and the house is dusty. I put Sam in charge of the cafe until closing time," said mom. Sam was her assistant. Whenever mom is sick or had something urgent to do, Sam will take over her place. "Looking for clothes to wear for tonight?"

"Yeah. I can't choose the right outfit," I said. Mom shook her head. "Sweetheart, just wear your own clothes and be yourself. Guys like girls who are natural beauty. Trust me," she said. "You're not going for a fashion show."

"I know. But I have to look my best for a Korean star."

"Of course. But like I said, dress normally and you'll be fine."

I said okay and wear something simple. Like a mini skirt and a simple sleeveless shirt. I found them and put them on. I grab my hand bag and left the house. I drove to the hotel Kyuhyun mentioned the other day. Inside the hotel was very grand. Lots of guests of every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter