Alongside Each Other

One Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Elise's POV~

The next day, my schedule is given out. I've been chosen to do make up for Kyuhyun and Red Velvet while on their schedules. When I got the schedule, my heart beats fast. I'm going to do make up for my beloved boyfriend! This is so exciting! Today, Kyuhyun is having recording sessions for his third album. Then, he has musical rehearsals to go to. For Red Velvet, the members had MV filming to do. Looks like I'll follow them today. 

After lectures, I rushed over to SM. The members are already outside, ready to go. "Come along now, Ms Kang. We'll be late for our schedules," I heard their manager calling. "Sorry," I called. I got onto the second van and catch my breath. It's not easy to run to your workplace after lectures. I met some of the other staff from SM. "Hello, you must be new around here." a staff said. She offer a handshake and introduced herself. "My name is Lee Hyerin. I'm the fashion stylist. I choose which outfits are the best for each artists' performances."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kang Soojin. But people back home call me Elise. I'm from America," I did my introduction. "A Korean American! Interesting. I would love to go to America someday. I heard it's big," said Hyerin. "Looks like we might be working alongside each other, since we need someone to do the make up." I smiled at her. Hopefully, we can be great friends.

There was another girl sitting beside Hyerin. "This is Eun Min. She's also a make up artist. She'll help you with today's job in case you don't know what to do. After all, this is your first day on the job, right? You don't want to make any mistakes."

 

~Author's POV~

In the first van, where all the members of Red Velvet are sitting in, were curious about Elise. "Oppa, who is that new staff?" Seulgi asked. "Yeah. I never seen her before," Joy added. "That is Ms Kang. She's our new make up artist," the manager replied them. 

 

~Elise's POV~

The journey isn't very long. We reached the filming site. Everyone got down and grab their things. Hyerin and I follow the members to their dressing room. Hyerin is choosing the outfit for them. "We need something more.......girlish and........cute. Like high school girls." She chose lots of jumpers, sweaters, skirts, shorts and accessories from the clothes railing. Now it is my turn to do the magic. I tried hard not to make the girls look too dark or like a vampire. Focus, Elise. You can do this. Don't screw up on your first day of the job.

"Filming starts in 10 minutes! Quickly!" the director called. I hurriedly finish the members' make up. Luckily, Eun Min came to help me finish up too. "The make up looks bright and cheery. But their lipsticks are too dark." We didn't have time to redo. The crew can't wait for us forever. 

We watch behind the camera as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter