Reunited

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun POV

      While the progress of my project was going well, there was still no plan on how to give this to him successfully. I called Victoria noona over, asking for advice.

      "Well...if I were Jiho, I'd immediately ask 'Why are you here? Didn't you tell me to go away? Why are you making things harder?'. Chances are he still has feelings for you. They don't die down quickly. But time actually does heal all wounds, meaning it won't be long till he tries to move away from you," she told me. I nodded, my mind flashing back to Jay hyung.

      "With that mindset, he'll definitely make sure to keep a distance for you. Once wounded, twice shy. Therefore, you cannot take a direct approach," she informed me. 

      "Then what should I do?" I asked, not sure where she was going with this.

      "That's where my grand plan comes in. My member Amber is close friends with Kyung, whom I believe is Jiho's friend since elementary school. Jiho will surely listen to Kyung, so we need to get Kyung into this. Amber created a group chat which is ready for us to use. All I need is your permission and then we can get started. Don't worry, you can trust me," she finished off, holding her phone in her hand. 

      "Let's get going," I responded firmly, willing to do anything to get my boyfriend back.

      Victoria (Song Qian): Hello Kyung, Amber, and Nichkhun. Victoria here.

      Amber: Hey there.

      Kyung: What's this for?

      Amber: So....all of you are aware of Jiho's breakup with Nichkhun oppa right?

      Kyung: ....why are you bringing that up. 

      Amber: Well, I think they should get back together.

      Kyung: Lol, that doesn't even make sense. Jiho is still so hurt over him. He won't go running back. Jiho has some pride, in case           you didn't know. If that's what this is about, I'm leaving.

      Victoria (Song Qian): No don't!

      Nichkhun: Please give me a chance guys.

      Amber: Nichkhun wants to mend everything! 

      Kyung: Why....do you want to make up for your cowardly actions?

      Amber: You shouldn't talk to a hyung like that ^

      Nichkhun: It's alright...I deserve it. The thing is, I know I didn't try hard enough. But in return for the pain I gave him, I want to       give him all the happiness I can.

      Victoria (Song Qian): Nichkhun is making a birthday present for him as it's a chance to meet up with him. Nichkhun really wants         to express his feelings and win him back. He's being sincere, Kyung-ssi. Please trust me.

      Amber: And I'm the same y llama you know who wants the best for her friends, so you can trust me too.

      Kyung: Ughh...fine. I can't deny it when a llama and a noona ask. But...if Jiho gets pissed and ends up murdering me, I swear I'll       haunt you all in my afterlife.

      Victoria (Song Qian): Alright, you guys ready for my plan?

      Kyung: I guess so...gosh I'm setting myself up for death...

      Victoria (Song Qian): Ok so Nichkhun, where did you usually meet up with Jiho?

      Nichkhun: Well, there's this less populated area by the Han River. Bicyclists usually go by, but there are a line of benches to sit           with a view of the water.

      Victoria (Song Qian): So, Kyung needs to bring Jiho there sometime at night. Kyung will offer to get ice cream but actually not           get any. Instead, he'll leave and allow Nichkhun to go up to him. And omgomg Nichkhun is going to freaking sing for him with a         guitar and everything <3 <3

      "Uh...noona...why are you so excited?' I asked her in reality. She giggled.

      "Hehe...this is too perfect and cute!!" she replied.

      Amber: Yo Kyung, that's so romantic. Let him do that~

      Kyung: I'll do everything...but you have to pay me back, especially if this all goes wrong.

      Amber: I'll get you food.

      Kyung: Aight.

      Nichkhun: Thank you so much guys ㅠㅠ

      "That wasn't too bad," Victoria noona said, exiting the chat."I should get going though, my manager is waiting downstairs. You talk with Kyung about the timings and everything. You'll get him back, don't worry!" she exclaimed before leaving.

       "Thank you noona!" I thanked her loudly, feeling hopeful after a long time.

      Jiho's birthday was fast approaching, with only one day left. All I had left was to buy a ring.

      "Before my noona got married, her husband bought a promise ring from a reknown shop in Myeong-dong. Maybe you can look there?" Wooyoung advised. 

      "Alright, sounds good. Thank you!" I thanked him, looking up the directions on my phone.

      The store was quite small and hidden in a corner, but the people there were extremely kind, guiding me through my preferences.

      "I want something small and elegant...not too flashy. I want it to be like a secret between us too," I explained. The lady behind the counter nodded, smiling.

      "I believe you may like this then," she said, pointing to a ring. "The words 'I love you' are engraved inside, so only the both of you will know its there," she explained.

      

      "This is perfect. I'll take it!" I told her, happy with the find. The money it cost didn't matter (though it wasn't too pricey). It symbolized my feelings in a way that would be intimate for both of us. All that was left was meeting him in person. Just anticipating the day mae nervous butterflies flutter around in my stomach.

Zico POV

      I opened my eyes, groaning at the fact that it was already morning. I crawled out of bed, standing up to open the door.

      "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" a chorus of voices yelled, startling me. Oh..my..god...it was my birthday? They pushed me into the bathroom, handing me my toothbrush.

      "Hurry up and get ready! We have seaweed soup for you. Taeil-hyung made it," urged Jaehyo, slamming the door. I had no chance to say anything. This is going to be a strange birthday, I thought while brushing my teeth, my stomach growling for food.

      The rest of the day was very eventful. None of the members were willing to spend one minute without celebrating in some way or form.

      "So, I invited a ton of people over to have some fun with us. Amber, Heechul-hyung, Sehun....." Kyung continued to list off all the people he invited. I asked some people I knew too, such as Swings-hyung and Jay-hyung. At first, I was pretty shy in asking Jay-hyung to come since we didn't really meet up much, but he readily agreed, willing to bring some drinks over. The fanboy in me took over, making me jump childishly in excitement when receiving the 'ok' from him.

      Time went by quickly in setting up the room and karaoke, not to mention ordering enough food to place. Our guests trickled in one by one, giving me my birthday punches and birthday gifts. We had a mini barbeque going on with a wide variety of meats and large bowls full of noodles, rice, and lettuce.

      "Saem saem saem saem saem saem" everybody chanted, proceeding to laugh evilly. Of course, it was none other than "Sam", the song I had the most fun recording. Fans were right; I made this song as an excuse to laugh like a maniac.

      While everyone was having fun singing to other songs, Kyung pulled me to the side.

      "Yah, Jiho, let's get ice cream by ourselves. I'm sure you want some quiet," he shouted in my ear over the noise. I nodded, following him out the door. It was getting a bit noisy and some fresh air sounded nice. I'm sure the guests wouldn't notice the lack of my presence; they were having too much fun.

      We walked to the Han River and found some a bench for us in a moderately secluded area.

      

      "I'll bring the ice cream birthday boy. You sit here," he told me, promising to be quick. I took a seat, stretching my arms and legs. I was waiting for a couple minutes, wondering what was taking so long.

      "Aiish, what's wrong with that kid," I mumbled, kicking some stones. Suddenly, I heard a strum of the guitar. My eyes widened as I turned back.

Nichkhun POV

      I was impatiently waiting by the ice cream shop, holding the card and ring in a bag slung over my shoulder and a guitar in the other. I looked a bit...out of place...given the place and time, so I was grateful when Kyung ran up to me, pointing his finger to the trees.

      "Jiho is sitting on a bench there. Hurry up before he get suspicious and walks back," he told me, panting for breath. "I have to run back to the party we just abadoned, so good luck with everything!" he exclaimed, running back. I gulped. This was it. It's do or don't Nichkhun. Fighting!!

      I saw the familiar head of Jiho sitting down, his messy mop of hair signalling who it was. I took a deep breath and strummed the first chords of the song, walking slowly up to him. He turned his head and his eyes widended. Here goes.

Oh baby, I like you so much that you’re driving me crazy
Just thinking about you makes me feel good
This feeling, only you can make me have this feeling
I want to feel it till I die
Stay next to me, I can take care of you, I can take care of you

I will always look at only you
Without knowing, I just start laughing
Oh baby baby baby baby
I want to shout out loudly

I like you, I like everything about you
From your head to your toes
Even each of your small actions
I like it all, I like everything about you
If I’m with you, I’m happy
The more time passes, the more I like you
I need you
I pray that I can be with you every day
I can live happily with only you

Break it down now
Come on no no

Ay Jiho, if I’m with you, each day is so special
Stay with me forever and ever baby please
And my love, even if we’re not meant to be
It’s you without question
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter