Date

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zico POV

      Waking up the next morning was hardly a chore. I could barely contain my excitement for the date I'd have today with my boyfriend. Boyfriend. It sounded weird to call somebody who hated my guts that title. But nevertheless, I wanted everything to be perfect for today. I combed my hair downwards and wore a maroon knit sweater that clung to my body, accompanied by dark denim jeans. I didn't want to overdo it, but I also wanted to make sure I looked better than my usual sloppy self. 

      I stepped into the kitchen, where Taeil-hyung was making kimbap. An idea flew into my head.

      "Hyung, can I use some of your ingredients to make kimbap as well?" I asked him, wanting to make some for Nichkhun-hyung.

      "Oh why..ah I know. You want to impress your boyfriend right?" he asked.

      "Yeah I...wait what?! How...how do you..." I spluttered. Kyung must've opened his big fat mouth, I internally groaned, ducking my head in embarassment. Taeil-hyung laughed affectionately.

     "Jiho-ah, there's nothing we can hide from each other. You don't have to hide either! In fact, we all agreed to support you.," he said comfortingly. "Now, let's get started with that kimbap, shall we?"

Nichkhun POV

      Nervous? I was beyond nervous. I was tapping my feet and constantly pulled my hair in different directions, not sure which was the best style. I got permission to use manager-hyung's car for today and I drove up to Jiho's dorm, waiting patiently for him downstairs. Thankfully, the windows were tinted, so nobody would be able to look inside.

      My train of thought was interrupted by a gentle knock on my window. It was Jiho, with a small bag in his hands. I let him in, taking in a deep breath.

      "Good morning hyung!" he greeted brightly. His cheerful smile immediately took away my nervousness.

      "Good morning Jiho! What's that in your hand?" I asked, curious about the small box he held.

      "Oh, I made some kimbap for the both of us in case we get hungry. You don't mind...right?" he asked dubiously. Why would he ask that?

      "Don't be silly~ I would love to eat what my Jiho made for us," I said in a childish tone, making both of us blush and laugh.

      "Let's go! I'm going to drive to Sokcho. It has beautiful scenery and a wonderful beach, hopefully to your tastes," I informed him. "But first, let's put on your seatbelt." I leaned over him, purposefully positioning my face near his, and I pulled his belt down, grazing his chest. It was just so much fun teasing the younger one as his facial expressions were too adorable.

      "Ah...yes hyung, um, let's go," he babbled, looking out the window and fanning his heated cheeks. There was no need to question why I fell for him.

      Our drive was enjoyable and peaceful. We told each other funny stories about our group members and ourselves. I told him about how I was also ambidextrous and was still upset about losing Mario Kart despite our similar strength. He tried speaking in English, his thick accent making his adlibs hilarious more than cool. I showed off my English skills acquired in California, making him mumble something along the lines of 'everyone having different talents'.

      After a while, he resorted to quietly drawing on a piece of paper, not willing to show any glimpse of his paper. He was deep in concentration, his tongue sticking out of his mouth and his eyes squinting closely at the paper. He skillfully moved his hands across the paper in quick motions, taking some time to shade in some areas. 

      "I'll show you once we arrive in Sokcho," he promised, interlocking his pinky with mine.

      The rest of the time, he gazed out the window, admiring the historical monuments and beautiful landscapes we passed by. With his face still tightly pressed against the glass, he fell asleep for the remainder of the ride. Even when he wasn't talking, just being with him was captivating. 

      Once we arrived at the beach, Jiho was still sleeping. I admired his peaceful face, which I've only seen once in the hospital. These past few weeks were full of distress for him, and his face was often marred by tears. Before my eyes could wander anywhere else, Jiho woke up, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

      "We're already here?" he asked amidst another yawn, stretching his arms. He really does look like a cat, I thought amazed.

      "Yup. This beach is relatively isolated and empty, especi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter