Boyfriend

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zico POV

      As I stepped into the elevator, I sank against the wall, my face helplessly reddening. The moment with Nichkhun-hyung was too much for my heart to handle. The way he intensely looked at me, his body towering over me, and the proximity between us....of course it made my heart race. I felt oddly attracted to him, even though just a day ago I wouldn't imagine this. I forgave him so easily, seeing such a bright face shed tears. Since the day he stopped me cutting myself and pulled me into his warm embrace, I felt different seeing him. I felt a happiness that I was deprived of for so long. But, I'm sure my feelings aren't exactly the same as his. Someone whose just a friend won't make your heart flutter or make you blush anytime you touch them. I knew deep down that what I felt was far from platonic, and that wasn't good.

      2PM's Nichkhun was the heartthrob of teenage girls and even older women. Everybody loved him. Many pretty girl groups would be after his pretty face. Me? I'm just an average male who spends his time holed up in a studio all day long. I wasn't attractive at all. My eyes are small and my nose is long. My body is lean with no muscles, and my cheeks are chubby. What's there to like about me? Sighing, I exited the elevator to go back home. The most I should expect is friendship, right?

Nichkhun POV

      "What?!" exclaimed Taecyeon softly, thankfully not wanting the others to hear. I groaned and motioned him to come to my room. I hopped onto my bed, hugging my pillow.

      "I think I have feelings for him Taec...as in romantic feelings," I admitted again. Taecyeon scooted closer to me, peering into my eyes.

      "What makes you think that? Maybe you just feel fondness for a dongsaeng and a hoobae," he tried justifying. I shook my head, a darker blush appearing on my cheeks.

      "Everytime I see him, I feel different. When I once held his hand, I didn't want to let go. When he was crying in front of me, I held his cheeks, admiring how soft they were. And...when he was drunk...I...I kissed him. As in my lips against his. Thankfully he doesn't remember, otherwise he would never have come here today. I find my heart beating so fast when I get close to him, and I can't help but stare into his eyes," I spilled out, covering my face with my pillow. Taecyeon's eyes widened, but he softened his expression.

      "Wow...okay. You...just hearing you say that...wow. I'm kind of speechless. But I'm rooting for you, Nichkhun. By the way he looks at you, I think he might reciprocate those feelings. The way he left blushing like that makes me think something happened between you two," he replied. With that, if possible, my cheeks became even redder, making Taecyeon laugh loudly.

      It was a few days since Jiho came by, but I never got to see him or text him. Everytime I did, he just replied saying that he was busy at the studio. By now, I learned that Jiho was a work-a-holic and couldn't stay away from work, but he could at least engage in one conversation. I began to miss him, especially since I came to the realization that I liked him. 

      "Taec, I'm heading out. I might be a while because I need to meet up with someone," I told Taecyeon, gathering my things and putting on my shoes. He leaned against the wall, looking at my appearance.

      "You seem nicely dressed up. Seeing you know who?" he asked, smirking. I spluttered, still embarassed.

      "Ah um yeah. See you!" I ran off, trying to hide my face and the grin that wouldn't wipe off my space. I decided to see Jiho and what exactly he was doing in his studio for so long. Remembering the route we took last time, I walked there, making sure to buy some chocolates on the way.

      In front of his building, I texted him, letting him know that I was here.

      Me: Since you seemed so busy, I came to you instead. I'm downstairs of your studio ^^

      Jiho: Wait, seriously hyung? But..I'm a mess right now.

      Me: Yah, we're both men. There's no need to look all nice. I'm coming in!!

      Without giving him time to reply, I walked into his room, making Jiho immediately stand up from his leather chair. He mentioned looking like a mess, but in actuality, he was adorable. His hair was ruffled in all directions and he was wearing a yellow hoodie with sweatpants. The sleeves were a bit too long for him, making him look even more child-like than he already was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter