Ice Cream, Soju, and Jiho's Lips

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun POV

      I walked into our dorm, feeling annoyed that I had to come back so quickly. I only spent about 2 hours with him, and God knows when I can get the chance to see,or even contact him, again. Taecyeon must have noted my bad mood because he sat right next to me, not budging. He almost always uses this tactic to get people to open up to them once they get annoyed of his presence, and it was working. 

      "What's wrong? Did you get disturbed by some crazy fans?" he asked. I shook my head.

      "No...you guys disturbed me. Even if it was five minutes longer, I was doing something important," I pouted. "I knooow that I'm usually the one back here early, but the ONE time I need to stay out, the tables turn on me." Taecyeon chortled.

      "What could be so important for you that coming back home early to prevent scandals isn't a priority?"

      "I was meeting a friend! I just got to know him and I reallllly really wanted to stay just a tad longer," I answered when suddenly my phone lit up. It was a text message. Before I could reach for my cellular device, Taecyeon grabbed it and read the screen.

      "Woo Ji Ho....'Thanks for being with me, sunbae-nim. Have a good evening'. Who is he? Is he the one you were hanging out with? Is he an old friend or is he a celebrity too? How come I never heard of him before you went to see him?" he rattled on. Ignoring what he asked, I was irked by Jiho's persistent use of "sunbae-nim".

      "Aiish, I told him to call me hyung!" I groaned loudly, snatching my phone away to correct him. Taecyeon gaped at me, his mouth hanging open like a fish.

     "He's younger than you? And hyung already? He's a hoobae? Yah, Nichkhun, you better spill right now," he said pointedly. Occupied with texting back Jiho, I spoke in fragmented sentences.

      "Zico. Block B's Zico. Happy?" I informed him before looking at my phone again. He took it away from my hands, despite my protests.

      "Zico? Just a while ago, I could've sworn you were ready to murder him! You've been so weird lately. First, you get mad which you never ever do! Now you're all cozy with whom I presumed was your enemy!" he narrated, stressing every other word. I rolled my eyes.

      "Taec, you should be extremely happy that I made amends with my 'enemy', as you so eloquently labelled him. Now, if you don't mind, I have things to do, so toodles!" I waved back at him while getting up the couch, switching on my diva mode. His pleas were ignored as I fantasized about another day with my dongsaeng Jiho. 

      Promotions were soon over after another two agonizing weeks full of performances, variety shows, and interviews. I also did a Baskin Robins CF, which was fun but tiring nonetheless. On the bright side, I got several tubs of ice cream as a gift, turning our freezer into an ice cream galore. The rainbow sherbet happened to be my favorite, and I hogged on it so much that I experienced the worst brain freeze in years. Ugh, I don't think the patbingsu ahjumma will see me again for another eight billion years, I overexaggerated in my head. What should I do with all these tubs? I'm sure everyone is sick of it by now. 

      My mind then automatically flew to Jiho. I haven't seen him in a while...or even texted him. This could be an excuse to see him! Block B isn't promoting now, so he should be free too! I thought brilliantly. Lately, I have been keeping up with Block B's music, admiring the lyrics and the amazing instrumentals knowing that Jiho created them all with his very hands. The work of a producer became so relevant to me now, and I made sure to thank our JYP producers for their hard work. It wasn't easy coming up with beats, once you break it down into it's basic form. Rather than texting, I decided to call Jiho, wanting to hear his voice after a long time. He picked up after a few dials.

      "Hello sunb...hyung! I received your warning well. How's everything?" he replied. I grinned.

      "Good job, Jiho! Everything's going well. Promotions just ended for me. What are you up to?" I asked, curious about his activity.

      "Oh..nothing much. Just at the studio working on some stuff." I frowned. How much work could he possibly have?

      "Hm..well if you aren't busy. Can I stop by your studio? I have something to give you." He hummed in reply.

      "Er...it's kind of busy in here and I'm working on some secret stuff. Usually when I work, I don't leave the studio until I'm finished.  It could take me anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I don't want to burden you, so I'll stop by your dorms and pick up what you have. Is that alright with you?" he asked quickly. I could sense his restlessness from being on the phone away from his instruments.

      "That's fine with me. Just don't come too late, otherwise those Dispatch rascals might try to stir up some drama," was my reply. "My building number is 34-27. It's tall and black, with balconies. I'll wait down in the lobby for you, okay?"

      "Okay hyung. I'll see you!"

      "Bye!"

      He hung up, and I sat on the couch, taking a selfie to post on Twitter, letting my fans know how I'm doing. Taecyeon walked in, gazing at me weirdly.

      "Why are you loitering around the living room?" he asked, puzzled by my unusual behavior. Usually, I stay in my room. 

      "Hey, it isn't illegal to be here. Don't use that kind of accusatory vocabulary with me," I told him off. "Jiho is coming here soon, so I'm waiting for his text. I want to give him some ice cream. He's busy working on music, so I'll just see him in the lobby," I informed him. Taecyeon raised his eyebrows.

      "So you're giving him stuff now? That's very fast considering what relationship you two had. I still don't know what happened between you two but --" Taecyeon was cut off my a notification from my phone.

       "He's on his way! He'll be here soon!" I exclaimed, jumping up from my seat. I walked to the freezer to take out the frozen treat, but Taecyeon stopped my hand. 

      "Let me come. I want to see him too," he said seriously, staring at me. I wanted to disagree, but then again, what was I hiding? It's not like our friendship should be hidden. Softening my eyes, I complied.

      "Alright then, let's go," I smoothly said, exiting our dorm. I felt satisfied seeing his shocked face.

      Down in the lobby, Jiho wasn't there yet. Taecyeon looked annoyed.

      "Why are we waiting for a hoobae, for Christ's sakes?" he snapped. I poked him hard.

      "Yah, the poor kid is working hard. It's alright if we wait a bit longer. Why do you hate him so much all of a sudden?"

      "The way you guys oddly became close is very suspicious. If anything, I think he's using you to get his face back after his scandal! If fans see that you are friendly, he might gain popularity back!"

      "Ok Taecyeon, watch your mouth! Why do you have to put so much pressure on him?"

      "What pressure? He's probably too arrogant to feel sincere anyways! He's perfectly fine!" That last comment made something in my snap.

      "The kid cuts himself, Jesus Christ! I saw him in the bathroom, cutting his arms! He would've kept going and probably would have killed himself at that rate unless I stopped him! He felt, and still feels, so damn guilty about what happened that he thinks he doesn't deserve to ing live! That's why, Taecyeon, I am friends with him. As a human being, I have some sense of conscious and remorse. He needs comfort and I'm giving it to him! It takes off my guiltiness for yelling at him and makes him feel better! I don't know why you think it's so wrong --" I felt a presence next to me, other than my fellow 2PM member. There, right next to me, was Jiho, in earshot's distance to hear every single word that came out of my mouth.  A smile that was on his face w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter