Back to Normal

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zico POV

      Feeling a sense of dejavu, I woke up with an all too familiar soju-induced pounding head. My mind was still hazy from a strange dream I had last night, and for some reason it felt so real. All I remember from it was someone's warm embrace and a tingling sensation on my lips. Meh, it's just a dream, don't think too much into it, I told myself. After fighting with my tangled blankets, I trudged out of my room to the kitchen, wanting to drink some water to alleviate my dry mouth. Everyone else was up and awake, chatterring away.

      "Oh Jiho, you're finally awake!" Taeil-hyung exclaimed as I poured myself a glass of water. Minhyuk-hyung walked up to me.

      "Yah, what happened to your promise of not drinking so much?" he asked accusingly. I ignored him, wanting to down my glass of water.

      "Yeah, and yet again someone had to drag your back home," said Yukwon sighing.

      "And out of all the people it had to be Nichkhun-sunbae who carried you on his back," informed Jaehyo. That took the cake. My eyes nearly fell out of their sockets as I choked on my water, spitting it out upon hearing the name Nichkhun.

      "WHAT?!" I shouted. I just couldn't believe it. They just had to be joking. But then some memories came back of a man with brown hair, thick eyebrows,and gentle eyes. It could have only been him. I groaned, realizing the mess I got myself into.

      "I didn't know you were friends with him. I heard that he scolded us on SNS for the...incident. You know, since he's Thai," Kyung spoke, as if trying to figure out what the situation was. I shook my head.

      "Well at first we kind of got close, meeting on variety shows and all," I partially lied, not wanting to let them know exactly what incident brought them closer. "But then I overheard him telling s that he felt sorry for our situation and got friendly with me to make himself feel better," I finished. Jihoon frowned.

      "Hyung...is that why you drank so much?" he asked innocently. I slammed my glass on the table, staring intently into space, as if that would erase the embarassment I felt. Everyone was startled by my demeanor.

      "NO! I mean...no of course not. As an adult, I take the luxury of being able to consume alochol to my advantage. I may have just overdone it a tiny bit. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going out to get some fresh air," I emphasized, hoping to convince them I was not the type to get drunk due to my emotions. After a shower and getting casually dressed, I took my leave.

      It was a nice day outside with the sun shining brightly in the sky. The neigborhood streets were lined up with people, busily running to and fro different stores. Outside a candy store was a young lady, lifting up a box of chocolates.

      "Buy one get one free! Limited offer! These chocolates are one of the best you can find!" the girl shouted over the buzz of commotion. Hm, they seem pretty cheap and I am in the mood for some sweets...why not? I told myself. I gave her the money and got two chocolate boxes in return. I walked over to a quieter area and opened the box, admiring the sweet treats.

      "Mhmm these are soo good," I moaned, loving the delicate sweetness. "I should give this extra box to someone else." My mind suddenly flashed back to Nichkhun-sunbae and the way he carried me all the way back to the door of my dorms. It would be rude to just ignore that kind gesture. He could've just left me behind, but he took the time at night to bring me back. Despite how I despised the way he so blatantly used me, I couldn't go without thanking him. Taking out my phone, I sent him a text.

      Me: Sunbae-nim, I have something to give you. Where should I see you?

      Immediately, I got a reply.

      Nichkhun: I'll come over to you since I'm outside. Where are you?

      Me: I'm by the park near the central area of stores and markets. By the huge cherry blossom tree.

      Nichkhun: I think I'm close by. See you in five

      My heart skipped a beat, knowing that I'd have to see him so soon.

Nichkhun POV

      After receiving Jiho's text, I was immensely happy but nervous as well. What did he have to give me? Did he remember our...kiss? Did he like it? Or what if he's even more mad at wants to yell at me? What should I dooooo? I internally wailed, genuinely concerned now because of the current relationship between us was. While I had a dialogue with my head, in the park, I noticed a familiar figure sitting on a bench by a tree, playing with his feet. Grinning, I went up to sit next to him. 

      "Hi Jiho!" I greeted enthusiastically. In turn, he smiled a little, acknowledging my presence.

      "Here," he said, presenting me with a box of chocolates. "It's to thank you for bringing me home l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter