We Got Married

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the second chapter posted today. Go back to Chapter 12 if you haven't read it already!

Nichkhun POV

      "Wait..are you serious?" I asked. 'We Got Married' is a reality variety show where you are in a virtual marriage with another celebrity. You'd live as though you were a married couple and would be given several missions to complete. I would've have liked the idea before meeting Jiho, but being in a relationship while being on this show was unnerving. Then again, if I declined, rumours would spring up like wildfire. I had no choice but to agree.

      "Yes I am very serious. Don't get too excited though Nichkhun!" JYP teased. I nervously laughed.

      "Haha um yeah! That's great. When does filming start?" I asked. 

      "It begins a week from now, so you have some time. Your manager will pick you up at 10 AM that day, okay?" he informed me.

      "Alright. Thank you! Have a good evening!" I hung up, distressed, before falling asleep.

      After a few days, the rest of 2PM interrogated me, wondering why I didn't tell them anything. 

      "Yah, we only just found out from our manager that you'd be on 'We Got Married'! Why didn't you tell us?" Taecyeon asked. Junsu nodded furiously.

     "Yeah hyung, why didn't you tell us? This is great! You'll get to be with a pretty lady, hold her hand, even kiss her..." he trailed off, daydreaming with his hands clasped together. I could only sigh.

      "It just slipped my mind..." I started off.

      "How could this slip your mind! I would have been far too excited to keep it to myself! Sometimes I don't understand you," exclaimed Chansung. Their interrogation went on and on, but I was excused when I said I had an appointment. I was going to meet Jiho today just to get some ice cream and take a walk. But I also had to tell him about my appearance on the show. I wasn't sure how he was going to take it, but I had to tell him nonetheless.

      Seeing the familiar dongsaeng of mine standing in front of the store, I waved enthusiastically. He turned around and smiled, two ice cream cones of rainbow sherbet in his hand.

      "The last time I came over, you gave this ice cream to me, so I assumed that you liked this flavour," he said, explaining his choice, handing me the cone. "Eat before it melts!"

     Gratefully, I took the cone, immediately taking a huge bite out of it. I scrunched my eyes up and squealed.

    "Mm,mm,mmmmm this is the BEST!" I exclaimed, trying my hand at aegyo. Uncertain, I opened one eye to see Jiho's reaction, whose lips parted into that wide smile I loved. Some ice cream must have slide off the corner of my mouth because he swiped his thumb across my lower lip before his thumb, sending me a sly glance through the sides of his eyes. I shiver went up my spine,not because of the weather but because that small action seemed so innocent yet sinful. I shook my head, trying to get those thoughts out of my mind, though I could've sworn I saw him smirk just a tad.

      We slowly wandered around near the Han River, finishing up our cones in silence. Jiho spoke up first.

      "So, how have you been?" he asked.

      "I've been well. Since we're not promoting, we'll be doing some more variety shows," I said. Okay Nichkhun, this is how you eventually bring up the topic. Good job.

      "What kinds? More interviews or something?" he further questioned.

      "Sort of, but one of us will be going on the show 'We Got Married'," I replied. Jiho raised his eyebrows, turning towards me.

      "Really? Who is?"

      "I am," I answered him, hopefully as cool as possible. He turned away from me, looking forward and nodding his head.

      "Oh, I see. That's cool," he commented, a bit too stiffly for my liking. I stopped in my tracks, wanting to make everything clear.

      "Jiho, I know that it's not the nicest thing to think about since we're...you know...can't say it here...but JYP already made the confirmation before I knew anything about it. I frankly didn't have a choice. It's just a show though, so don't worry about it. Think of it as your lover who is an actor who has to act as the male lead in a drama. It's just for show," I explained. Jiho laughed loudly, putting his hands up in defense.

      "Oh hyung, I already know all of that! What, you thought I'd be jealous or something? I'm not that type of person, don't worry. In fact, I think the show will be a lot of fun to film. When do you start?" he said with a huge smile on his face. Yet, I noticed that the smile never quite reached his eyes.

      Our walk continued with conversation, but something didn't seem right. The way Jiho talked seemed extremely tense and his smiles didn't appear to be genuine. His replies were short, only nodding or agreeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter