Discharged and Meeting Minho

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun POV

      After three weeks, Jiho was finally released from the hospital and was ready to go back to his dorms. His mother and older brother fussed over him endlessly, never seeing him in such a vulnerable state. I could tell that he had almost reached the limit of receiving such smothering care. Of course, he loves both his mother and brother very much.

      Sadly, I couldn't drop him back home along with his manager because of filming yet again. This show was dragging on and on, and the only part I liked about it was that I happened to have a carefree partner. Once our episode was over, she stalked up to me, whispering in my ear.

      "How's your boyfriend?" she asked, startling me. 

      "Oh er he's actually doing much better. He got released from the hospital earlier today," I informed her. She smiled.

      "That's good to hear! Now you can do whatever you want with him since his physical state is much better~" she said cheerfully. 

      "What do you mean 'do whatever I want'?" I questioned, taking a swig of water from my battle. She leaned up to my ear and whispered again.

      "You know, whatever goes behind locked doors under the covers~" she said in a singsong voice. I choked on my water, not expecting her out of all the people to say such a thing.

      "W-what?! We haven't even reached that...that stage yet! Noona! What are you thinking about!" I whined, feeling my face turning exceptionally red. This only fuelled her laughter.

      "Aigoo, I was only teasing you. I wonder what you were thinking about, hmm~" she drawled out, leaving before I could scold her.

      "Aiish what a noona," I said to myself, fanning my body.  I do wonder whether I can visit him though.

      I got the 'ok' from Jiho's manager and he told me how to use the back entrance. Sometimes it was annoying having to always hide from the public eye, but that's the price of being an idol. I knocked on their door, only to have that Ahn Jaehyo brat open it.

      "Hello sunbae-nim...or should I say hyung-nim," he greeted mischeviously while I walked in.

      "Aiish you brat I'd never want to be your brother-in-law at ALL," I told him off, turning my head away. "Where's Jiho's room?"

     Jiho was lying down on his bed, his body still fragile from the accident. Upon seeing my face, he rushed to sit up, only resulting in more pain.

      "Eager are we? Pabo, it's not like I'm running away. No need to rush yourself," I told him, chuckling to myself. "Just lie down and rest. I'm not your sunbae now; I'm your boyfriend." With that, he flushed a rosy pink while sliding back down into his pillows. 

      "Hyung, do you know if I'm allowed to go out anywhere? I know I have to use my crutches and be careful, but being in that white room about a month almost drove me crazy! I can't stand staying still! I have so many things to produce and I want to be outside with people other than the ones here," he whined, pouting. It was funny to see, but I knew how he must have been dying to get out of bed.

      "Hmm...your doctor said to still be careful with your ribs. That kind of prohibits extensive moving. While I'm sure the media has forgetten the topic of your accident, walking outside could still be a bit strenuous," I told him, not wanting to give him any false hope. Suddenly, an idea came to my head.

      "Oh! Okay so Shinee's Minho had a small gathering for friends in his apartment the other day, but I couldn't go because I was busy with my schedule. We're pretty close so he asked if I could come another day. I told him I'd let him know. Maybe...if you'd like....the both of us can go together?" I asked him hesitantly. It was pretty sudden so I was sure he was going to disagree.

      "That sounds great! As long as I'm allowed to go, it'll be a good change of atmosphere. Plus I've never met him personally before," he chirped, excited with the news.

      "Perfect! I'll text him right now," I replied, taking my phone out to text him.

      Me: Minho, can I come tomorrow? I'll be bringing along a special friend, if you know what I mean.

      Minho: Oo hyung, you finally found someone? Of course you can come tomorrow! 11 AM works out for me.

      Me: Great! I'll stop by. See you there!

      "He agreed for us to come by tomorrow," I informed Jiho, yawning. "But can I ask you a favor?"

      "Can I sleep here tonight? With you? I missed you," I asked, too tired to think of how weird that might sound. Despite that awkward question, Jiho agreed.

      "There's more than enough space for the both of us," he replied, grinning. I quickly crawled into his bed, discarding my shirt and jeans. I cuddled up close to him, enjoying the warmth from his skin. With bleary eyes, I sent a quick text to the 2PM group chat, letting them know where I was.

      Me: Guys, here's a few things. 1) I have a boyfriend 2) He's Jiho 3) I'm sleeping over at his dorms so I won't be there tomorrow.

      I threw my phone on the table before I could see the replies to my bluntness.

      Taec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter